Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Perfect time for skin needling too now it’s not as sunny!

A night retinol cream it’s great too and doesn’t need to be a big brand to make it work!

Both good building blocks!

RF is a bit more $ and more down time so I’d start with that!

You can even get home rollers, just make sure you sterilise after use, combine with a HA like the ordinary from Priceline and it’s a good weekly routine!

I don’t think I was here talking about it 5 years ago as a practitioner but I think was talking about it in general as we all on the tox train!

Ok yes I can do all of this. I love retinol, I want prescription tret as well but good to know that any will suffice. And HA too. Thank you for the tips!

Oh yeah this makes more sense, so many conversations about injectables. I feel like that zooper doopers summed up OT for me. I remember Trala getting lip filler and they gave her a zooper dooper in the appointment!

Are you finally moving to the superior Cenny coast?

Haha oh like I kept talking about doing for literal years and never did? Nah not that. I was there on the long weekend though!

Probs heading north, too bad south east Queensland has gone to astronomical prices in the time we’ve had this plan but yolo I guess.

I saw these completely overpriced zooper dooper wannabes recently, I think my new goal is to be so rich that $16 seems totally reasonable.

Also the name protein pole does make me chuckle a little.

4EF0117C-86FF-439D-99AA-A94F2A3956DF.jpeg

I must admit that I do sometimes opt for the sugar free ones, but the texture just isn’t the same. Did I already share this exciting tidbit? I feel like I have.

The real question is have you - or anyone - tried the zooper dooper milk?
Sugar free doopers 🤮

Haha no I didn’t try the milk. Looked foul.

I saw these completely overpriced zooper dooper wannabes recently, I think my new goal is to be so rich that $16 seems totally reasonable.

Also the name protein pole does make me chuckle a little.

View attachment 58716

Just eat nuttin' but Protein Bro!

Get your Keto Scoop on!

dc3f967b7a57ff43e2b7f530caae443f.png

I mock while I am drinking a coffee with protein and collagen powder in it. It is just funny all the "protein" products and how they're so over priced. I bought a tiny bag of protein corn chips that were 6 bucks just to try them.

It really is rich privileged people stuff. You go to those fitness shops, buy a hand full of products and it's more than the weekly BB shopping budget.

Just eat nuttin' but Protein Bro!

Get your Keto Scoop on!

dc3f967b7a57ff43e2b7f530caae443f.png

I mock while I am drinking a coffee with protein and collagen powder in it. It is just funny all the "protein" products and how they're so over priced. I bought a tiny bag of protein corn chips that were 6 bucks just to try them.

It really is rich privileged people stuff. You go to those fitness shops, buy a hand full of products and it's more than the weekly BB shopping budget.

Yes super privileged, basically anything that promotes itself as having extra health benefits or geared around weight loss but still charging some hectic amount can get F’d. Health and vitality should not be reserved just for the elite and some people can’t even afford fresh fruit and vegetables: In saying this, there are nutrient foods that are accessible for a lot of people, but stupid products like this one create the idea that healthy eating is out of reach. This particular protein pole has 2g of protein per pole anyway so it’s not even like it’s a good source of protein.

There is a collagen version of it, presumably also with negligible amounts of collagen. My vain ass self will fall for beauty promises but I must draw the line at a $16 packet of icy poles.

I may have mentioned this before but I am a bit of an insomniac... I used to just have problems falling asleep at the end of the day but in the last few years I've also started to have issues with staying asleep as well. I was sent for a sleep apnea test about a month ago and fortunately/unfortunately it came back negative. I've had a prescription for Zopiclone off and on for years now and it's great for falling asleep but it hasn't helped with the fact that I wake up several times a night. Last week I went to a walk-in clinic because I was burnt out and missed a few days of work and needed a doctors note. The doctor gave me a lecture about taking Zopiclone (despite it being prescribed by my family doctor) and she ended up giving me a trial of a newer sleep medication called Dayvigo. I wasn't sure about it as I've tried one other medication prescribed for sleep and it wasn't great but I kept an open mind and gave it a shot. Boy has it been a game changer... It's not perfect as I'm still waking up throughout the night, I have had some pretty vivid dreams, and I feel groggy for about the first hour or so in the morning, but it's much easier to get back to sleep and I'm waking up feeling like I've had a more complete and restful nights sleep. I've made an appointment with my family doctor on Friday to see about getting a full prescription. I had pretty much given up hope that we'd figure this mess out, so hopefully I continue to see success with it moving forward.

ETA: I'm a miserable cunt when I've not had enough sleep. I work in a call centre and I already have a low tolerance for stupidity so the lack of sleep just compounds.

I may have mentioned this before but I am a bit of an insomniac... I used to just have problems falling asleep at the end of the day but in the last few years I've also started to have issues with staying asleep as well. I was sent for a sleep apnea test about a month ago and fortunately/unfortunately it came back negative. I've had a prescription for Zopiclone off and on for years now and it's great for falling asleep but it hasn't helped with the fact that I wake up several times a night. Last week I went to a walk-in clinic because I was burnt out and missed a few days of work and needed a doctors note. The doctor gave me a lecture about taking Zopiclone (despite it being prescribed by my family doctor) and she ended up giving me a trial of a newer sleep medication called Dayvigo. I wasn't sure about it as I've tried one other medication prescribed for sleep and it wasn't great but I kept an open mind and gave it a shot. Boy has it been a game changer... It's not perfect as I'm still waking up throughout the night, I have had some pretty vivid dreams, and I feel groggy for about the first hour or so in the morning, but it's much easier to get back to sleep and I'm waking up feeling like I've had a more complete and restful nights sleep. I've made an appointment with my family doctor on Friday to see about getting a full prescription. I had pretty much given up hope that we'd figure this mess out, so hopefully I continue to see success with it moving forward.
I've had trouble sleeping as well for ages. But there's a bar around the corner that sells edibles. I divide a little chocolate brownie into three and it helps me sleep for three nights.

I've had trouble sleeping as well for ages. But there's a bar around the corner that sells edibles. I divide a little chocolate brownie into three and it helps me sleep for three nights.
I've tried edibles and really didn't have much success.

Back