Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

Not sure where the relevant place to put this is but oh well. This week I actually started speaking with one of the 2020 housemates through social media (their name will remain undisclosed for now) and we have actually become quite close and they told me some interesting things regarding the series and production;

1. Apparently there is a 2nd diary room built in the house to have interviews recorded (this is why some times housemates were switching clothes in the diary room throughout episodes) i.e they would maybe film the interviews on a Wednesday but were asked questions about Monday ect.
2. The housemates were asked to re-record Sonia asking questions from Angela's eviction and were promised alcohol from Big Brother (this is in reference to the eviction apparently not being filmed).
3. Housemates could ask producers not to air a specific thing and they would respect the request.
4. The edit well and truly did make Mat and Dan look bad but apart from that they said that the editing in their opinion was actually accurate.
5. Mat actually auditioned for Survivor and was asked to do Big Brother.
6. There were several housemates who had never watched Big Brother before and some were planning their media careers ahead of time.
7. When Mat won the advantage he was apparently supposed to receive a different prize (he was told he would get the choice to evict either Sophie or Kieran if neither took the money, and if not then he would have received an advantage in the next nominations challenge) he however said he wanted a better prize so therefore production gave him the extra vote.
8. Kieran apparently is a big Survivor fan and his whole method was to go into the house and cause chaos like David.
9. Apparently after the whole Danni and Keiran lie fiasco, the housemates sat in a circle with Kieran and pretty much told him off lol.
10. Several housemates are not happy with how Daniel's group was edited on the show.
11. Apparently Chad has been ghosting Sophie and they are "publicly separated"

edit: to add they also told me they have been made aware of some changes for BB2021 and we will apparently "be happy" although they did not reveal what they were.
Man, if that’s the case, the amount of power and influence the HMs seem to have in the house and over BB is truly disgraceful.

I'm really not looking forward to the next season. 2020 was painfully boring and yeah I don't want to go through that again. I'm not holding out much hope for an improvement next year. I miss when Big Brother used to be edgy. :(

I'm really not looking forward to the next season. 2020 was painfully boring and yeah I don't want to go through that again. I'm not holding out much hope for an improvement next year. I miss when Big Brother used to be edgy. :(

How would you make big brother edgy?

Not sure where the relevant place to put this is but oh well. This week I actually started speaking with one of the 2020 housemates through social media (their name will remain undisclosed for now) and we have actually become quite close and they told me some interesting things regarding the series and production;

So you've been talking to Kieran ;)

So you've been talking to Kieran ;)

Lol nice guess. I might reveal the who they are when their contract later expires. But I’ll keep it private for now in respect for their privacy. All I will say is this person is extremely friendly and is pretty much the exactly same person they were on the show as they on when I talk to them.

I really wouldn't be surprise if as a "twist" they put a houseguest from the last series in with the new lot. You'd expect it to be Angela, but as it's 2020 and we can no longer have nice things they'll follow Blobbys advice, though misread Xavier for Kieran.

I really wouldn't be surprise if as a "twist" they put a houseguest from the last series in with the new lot. You'd expect it to be Angela, but as it's 2020 and we can no longer have nice things they'll follow Blobbys advice, though misread Xavier for Kieran.
Imagine if Kieran goes back in, oh no!!

From what I have also been told also those rumours about Angela and Ian signing up for an all stars, or any rumours of an all stars in general are completely false. And if a (specific housemate that I'm not gonna name but we all know who I mean lol) housemate says anything about these rumours they are just merely saying it for the sake of saying it.

Also to add the housemates asked Amelia Fisk if Angela's fake eviction was saved for her or if that 6th eviction was destined to be a fake. Amelia states and contends to them that it was always going to be that eviction and that it didn't matter who it was. I guess take it how you will.

Well of course she's going to tell them that.

I've no doubt that All Stars won't be happening for a while - they're unlikely to dip into the previous eras of the show so will likely need 4 or 5 series under their belt to explore that option. However having one or more returnees mixed in with a new cast is possibly something they might do sooner - maybe not next series but the one following that, with say the final 4 of the 20 HMs being returning HMs from the previous couple of series.

@Zcsund1234, any word on who came second and third last year and what the percentages might have been like? I mean, I know we have a pretty good idea but I'm still frustrated we don't know officially.

Back