Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

Do you mean the sound of the voice itself, or the things he says?

I mean last night came close, but nobody can top childish more than Leon’s BB.

The things he says. I don't mind the voice, I found it cold and clinical at first, but when he starts saying things like :
" Can you show me how you do stretches Angela ",
" It looks like Daniel likes you, maybe you should go and talk to him ",

It just sounds ridiculous. He sounds like a bit of a petal!

I honestly think the BB voice is the same guy who does the Sunrise intro who is also a Producer on Sunrise. Another cost cutting measure ;)

David Walters is his name

I honestly think the BB voice is the same guy who does the Sunrise intro who is also a Producer on Sunrise. Another cost cutting measure ;)

David Walters is his name
Good call. There is a similarity, and obviously the delivery is different.

How long has he been doing the (brief) intro VO ?

Is this him ? Apologies - lifted from intro

Attachments

• Sunrise.mp3.zip
    86.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'm not really digging the way that eviction results are announced to the house (among other things *cough* prerecorded *cough*). I think this could have been made more interesting if the total vote count for each nominated housemate was anonymised.

Imagine a scenario where Housemates A, B and C are nominated. Housemate A has 4 points, B 1 point and C 10 points. As it stands, Sonia reveals the number of points given to each nominee by name, with the evicted housemate announced last. After the two safe housemates (A and B) are known, viewers and all the housemates know that Housemate C is going before Sonia has even said their name.

I'd have changed it around so that Sonia reads something along the lines of:
"Housemates A, B, and C, your fellow housemates have voted. One of you has received 4 votes, another received 1 vote. That means, with 10 points, one of you is about to leave. [Short pause]. Housemate C, it's time to go."​

Following this, the Big Brother voice should be the one to tell the housemate with the most votes that they must leave, not Sonia. Big Brother:
"Housemate C, you have been evicted. You have one minute to say goodbye and leave the house."​

I just prefer the idea of the housemates not knowing how the vote was divided between the two safe housemates. Thoughts? :)

I just prefer the idea of the housemates not knowing how the vote was divided between the two safe housemates.
In most cases they will know. But otherwise I agree. It's silly to let them know who's evicted before naming the person as the evictee.

s (A and B) are known, viewers and all the housemates know that Housemate C is going before Sonia has even said their name.

I'd have changed it around so that Sonia reads something along the lines of:
"Housemates A, B, and C, your fellow housemates have voted. One of you has received 4 votes, another received 1 vote. That means, with 10 points, one of you is about to leave. [Short pause]. Housemate C, it's time to go."
I like that - a housemate not knowing for sure if they got 1 or 4 votes would be very good and adds an extra level of paranoia. They can also mix it up occassionally as they do in the US by occassionally switching it up to "Housemate B - it's time to stay" before confirming the evictee.

Watched the last 2 night’s episodes with headphones, the frankenbyting is getting worse and worse as the days go on.

can’t fucking stand him but Kieran had an entire diary room visit made up with frankenbytes just to suit his hopeless winners edit.

so far it feels like they’re setting up Daniel, Kieran, and Ian as their “winners”

Back