Skip to main content

Finish the Sentence: The problem with Big Brother is ...

The big problem for me is too much focus on nominations and who likes/hates who, and not enough focus on actual conversation.

With early Big Brother you'd feel like you'd almost hear the contestants life stories, but these days with all the crazy selective editing, all you really get to know is how they react to others in the house.

The lack of knowledge about Australian Tv in 2014 is sad. Channel Nine is a brand. They will NEVER (Nor will any other network) have Bug Brother like it was in 2006. FullStop. Big Brother will always be 'Family Friendly' from now on. You can complain all you like, but in the end your just wasting Data.

Which is why Big Brother should go back to Network 10 who aren't afraid to take risks. We are not asking for Turkey slaps and raunchiness though I did enjoy some of the nudity :p :rolleyes: but the main point is Big Brother shouldn't be aimed at Children. The show has been tailored to this audience and it's wrong. We (the adults) are now being treated like idiots.

If they can't be bothered to respect the premise of the show and the viewers why even have bought back the show in the first place? It just isn't worth it. Nine should have made their own Australian soap opera instead of ruining the mother of all reality TV Shows "Big Brother".

Realistically and going by history there is probably no hope of a Network Ten pick up but I still have hope. That's all I can have. Nine probably won't renew Big Brother next year anyway due to low ratings so this is going to be it (at least for a while...)

Could a 2nd revival really work? It might be too late and Nine might have killed it completely from their pale attempt of the last 3 years. Personally I think it could work for Ten. But they are also not in the best condition at the moment so money could be tight. Who knows? Endemol should lower the licensing fee if they want Big Brother to continue in Australia.

They might not though and might be money hungry so we would be only be left with nothing but memories. :frown:

The lack of knowledge about Australian Tv in 2014 is sad. Channel Nine is a brand. They will NEVER (Nor will any other network) have Bug Brother like it was in 2006. FullStop. Big Brother will always be 'Family Friendly' from now on. You can complain all you like, but in the end your just wasting Data. I personally don't like this season, buy knowing that it may be the last season EVER i am willing to give it a go. :)

I doubt that if Channel Ten had got Big Brother instead of Nine that they would have made it as family friendly as Nine, Ten were never afraid of being bold and taking risks, the opposite of Nine who refuse to embrace innovation and always play it safe.

Whats wrong is the public vote. Contests for HOH, and HMs nominate and vote out who they want out, not the public "ahem 'cough' <producers>'cough". I think people are throwing away money if they actually call in a vote because even if it is real and your vote is counted, THEY, the producers, will use whatever means they do use, to out vote the public to skew the show the way they think is best for ratings.

It's still better than BBUK so I can't do some nationalistic hogwash about Britain being great even when it comes to BB ;) Actually I don't
tend to do the nationalistic stuff anyway, but however bad you think your BB is, BBUK was the absolute pits of all pits. I look at BBAUS with all its faults as a nice, welcome change!!! On a general note, live feed - yes! Even if I wouldn't see it here, all BB's should have LF.

Finish the Sentence: The problem with Big Brother is ...

the housemates are very one-dimensional. All of the housemates are very young and have similar interests. We need to put in more diverse housemates who represent all walks of life as opposed to the stereotypical gym junkies and botox babes.
So True....put in a couple of middle aged people in their early 40's

I doubt that if Channel Ten had got Big Brother instead of Nine that they would have made it as family friendly as Nine, Ten were never afraid of being bold and taking risks, the opposite of Nine who refuse to embrace innovation and always play it safe.
You said; Ten were never afraid. An thats all i will be.

Nine always play it safe...

Underbelly?

The problem with Big Brother, is that it's lost what made BB BB.
It isn't about the HM living with strangers anymore, it's about strangers waiting for the next twist they next shakeup

They expect stuff to happen, so they don't live their daily life's anymore.
There is no randomness to it, no surprise.

And BB isn't thay controlling anymore, he's too flakey

The problem with Big Brother, is that it's lost what made BB BB.
It isn't about the HM living with strangers anymore, it's about strangers waiting for the next twist they next shakeup

They expect stuff to happen, so they don't live their daily life's anymore.
There is no randomness to it, no surprise.

And BB isn't thay controlling anymore, he's too flakey

Yes by trying to turn Big Brother into a "Block" show, they managed to lose everything that made Big Brother unique in Australia.

The problem with Big Brother is ... it is just too damned contrived! The produces are 'creating' something instead of letting it be organic.

If the show were to return next year, and let's be honest. It's a fricken massive if!!!

They need to scrap the current format, and return to a massive back to basics format.

A simple house, and no twists, no secrets.
Just 15/16 HM, in a house.

If the show were to return next year, and let's be honest. It's a fricken massive if!!!

They need to scrap the current format, and return to a massive back to basics format.

A simple house, and no twists, no secrets.
Just 15/16 HM, in a house.
I would like it to see it 24/7 online then possibly daily shows or evening live feeds only on GO! I remember once watching Chrissie Swan read a book and I found waiting for her to turn a page far more interesting than some of the housemates we've seen since those early days.

Back