Skip to main content

Finish the Sentence: The problem with Big Brother is ...

Molotov cocktail the gewls makeup stash. They're slappin' on the stuff like there's no tomorrow and look like John Wayne Gacy in full clown regalia at a kids birthday party.

The mixing of daily shows with evictions and live nominations is annoying.

I remember on Ten you would have a regular 30 minute daily show first (no host or audience), and then the eviction/nominations would come afte it in a separate show.

On Nine, the daily shows are mashed in together with evictions/nominations, so you have Sonia and the crowd while we are seeing the housemates in the house. They also go for 90 minutes, and it feels like things are dragging out, just waiting for an eviction.

The scheduling inconsistency is also a problem. It was much simpler on Ten when evictions were Sunday, with NOMs on Monday. Nine screwed it up last year by having evictions on Monday/NOMs on Tuesday, and then changing it half way though the series, with evictions on Wednesday/NOMs on Thursday.

This year is even worse, with double evictions over 2 nights on Monday and Tuesday, then NOMs on Wednesday?

And another thing, the show looks it is being targeted towards kids and Tweens, but it doesn't finish until after 10pm on most nights. I would think a large percentage of that audience would be in bed by that time, and many adults or older teens wouldn't be interested in watching this version of the show.

If the show returns to Ten, they should do something like this.

Sunday
6:30 Daily Show
7:30 Live eviction

Weeknights
7:30 Daily Show
11:30 Up Late

Monday
8pm Live Nominations

Friday
8pm FNL

And when a contestant gets evicted, they should make an appearance on a show like FNL, Live nominations and The Project.

One thing about Nine's version is that you hardly see the housemates after they leave. While on Ten, they would have an interview with Gretel on the next nominations show, and would also appear on FNL, Rove, The Panel etc. on Nine they just seem to disappear.

They also need a live feed, so we aren't solely limited to relying on an edited daily show for information.

it's not raw anymore. it feels like a game show (and i know at its core it is one) but it should feel like we are watching these people's lives unfold together. i don't feel connected to any one really because they are portrayed as characters. lisa is the bitchy one. lawson does magic. jake is the cool dude. etc. but there's obviously more to these people than we are seeing.

at its core BB succeeds when the housemates are interesting. i know every ideal big brother has its highs and lows, but the production crew just get a bunch of bitchy characters and throw them in every year since BB4. why not get older people, younger people, people who follow different religions, people who come from different places, different demographics? whether it's good or bad, it's interesting to see how these people interact because they never ever would in their real lives.

that's my dream big brother. it's gotta go back to its roots.

oh, and there's a million things wrong with this season but i don't say anything bad because at the end of the day i'm just happy it's on tv at all.

The entertainment factor has vanished, back when it first began it had something about it that just made you very excited to watch the next episode.
They're now just focusing on conflict thinking that's what everyone wants to see, when we really just want to see the reality of the house not hidden behind the heavy editing.

- The show screens too late into the night.... I liked it way more when it had the 7-7:30 time slot

- BB's creativity for weekly challenges is really lacking

- No uncut

- No live streaming

- Nominations shows is no longer has the I'm on the edge of my seat quality (due, I think, to time restraints)

- Housemates are not varied enough (with the exception of maybe Priya/Dave/Aisha- most of them are pretty typical.

- Relationships formed (intimate) seem to be showmances.

- Too many housemates in relationships outside

- Big brother distracts me from studying and exam prep!

You all want it to be like it was back in the Channel 10 days and it never will be.

it can still build on what made the first BBs great. we want to know these people, and channel 9 isn't letting us this season. why can't we watch them a little more? BB is always watching but he's not showing us very much. that's pretty critical to the core of what BB is.

i don't hate what channel 9 does by the way. i loved last season! it was amazing, but i'm so surprised about how they dropped the ball on this one. such simple things that could be done to better the BB experience.. i really don't understand it.

...that channel 9 hasn't dedicated one of their digital channels to genuine live 24-7 coverage. With Mike Goldman being kept awake the whole time acting as host.

And the problem with Big Brother is...

I have tried to follow the show on Nine for the past 3 years. They have butchered the show without any care and respect for the fans. The past two years I have been hoping that with time it would improve and thought the producers would listen to us. I was living in a dream world. What's the point? It's never going to get better that is why BB should be axed from Nine and then Ten can snag the rights again. I'd like to see what Ten would come up with the show now. They would at least have respect for the original premise of the show and not looking for a quick ratings grab like Nine.

So come on everyone join me for Big Brother to return to its original home. NETWORK TEN. :) :) :)

#bbau2015to10

...the show feels like a soap opera sometimes rather than a reality TV show. Besides the 1 1/2 hours a day episodes, there is nothing else to satisfy those who want more in their BB viewing experience.

The problem with BB is it's over-produced, over-edited, contrived, and has strayed too far from its original premise, without innovation or recognition that we're in the 21st century now where we have something called the internet where information and entertainment is abundant, immediate and interactive - ie. it's stagnant and boring.

The lack of knowledge about Australian Tv in 2014 is sad. Channel Nine is a brand. They will NEVER (Nor will any other network) have Bug Brother like it was in 2006. FullStop. Big Brother will always be 'Family Friendly' from now on. You can complain all you like, but in the end your just wasting Data. I personally don't like this season, buy knowing that it may be the last season EVER i am willing to give it a go. :)

Back