Skip to main content

Final week schedule of BB Australia

Maybe so but 25-30 days are still ridiculous. No other country has normal BB seasons that are that short.
When Bulgaria revived their civilian version in 2015, it lasted only 26 days... but at that time the civilian version felt like a spin-off of their celebrity version anyways.

Bulgaria really did punch above their weight when it came to Big Brother, as does Albania. Still a shame New Zealand never did their own version. Indeed maybe a live Australia revival could look at doing some kind of Aus v NZ thing to try and get a NZ channel to pick up a bit more of the bill, though I don't think it's really been popular there since the early years.

Back to the final week and do we know yet what day the last Uncut is being released. I'd have thought it would make sense to release it before the final.

though I don't think it's really been popular there since the early years
Yeah. It really lost its popularity when the show started airing on a significant delay after the 2004 season ended causing NZ viewers to lose the ability to vote to evict, as it had previously only aired on a 24 hour delay from Australia so voting was easy to achieve.

Although the timeslots really didn't help either. 2005 aired at 11am on weekdays on a three week delay, 2006-2008 never aired and the Nine-era would air at 5PM weekdays over summer long after the season had already ended.

I didn't realise they could vote in the early seasons.
I guess it was an easy way to make the show more profitable.

There was talk around 2002/2003 of producing Big Brother NZ, with the plan being that instead of constructing a house here - they would use the Australian house and auditorium during the off-season - and would have the show air in Australia too since the timezones it would mean they could air things just a few hours after NZ.

They never said why the plan never actually happened, but I assume Ten didn't want to burn out Big Brother quickly by airing two seasons a year since it was making big money back then for them.

Well, as much as it has been a rubbish season, with 20-somethings all partnering up and thus ruining proper nominations (ie, not nominating their partners etc) ... not to mention them complaining about their lack of sex every chance they get as if they somehow manage to get it every night at home ... and only being in the house a short time and still complaining that it has been too long ... and it being pre-recorded .. and, yada yada ...

... I for one will miss BBAU if this does happen to be the last season. I mean, let's face it, we've all rightly bagged it to hell this season (and recent seasons), and yet, we are all still here, watching it and talking about it.

Last edited:
In a way because we had such low expectations for it and basically accepted it would be crap long before it made it to air I've probably enjoyed it more than I thought it would.

In an era of slick, professionally made reality TV with high production values it's been quite the antidote to watch something that ticks none of those boxes.

Well, as much as it has been a rubbish season, with 20-somethings all partnering up and thus ruining proper nominations (ie, not nominating their partners etc) ... not to mention them complaining about their lack of sex every chance they get as if they somehow manage to get it every night at home ... and only being in the house a short time and still complaining that it has been too long ... and it being pre-recorded .. and, yada yada ...

... I for one will miss BBAU if this does happen to be the last season. I mean, let's face it, we've all rightly bagged it to hell this season (and recent seasons), and yet, we are all still here, watching it and talking about it.
True, it doesn't matter how bad it gets, I am still watching, maybe not as much but I am still here and hoping it won't be the last season

I think an Australia v The World season is coming sooner or later for Australian Survivor. Returnee Aussie tribe v returnees from SA, UK, US and maybe a kiwi. I think it would make for quite an interesting season.

Not sure it would be as interesting for Big Brother Aus v NZ though. After the first week or two of 'fush and chups' jokes the only real difference between the aussies and kiwis would be the accent especially if half the kiwis cast were already living in Australia.

Back