Skip to main content

Final 3 Confirmed. Open for spoiler.

Imagine having our angelicious winner right there but the final 3 being coffee drinking bland bastards with no personality from over privileged backgrounds.
Although.... it does sound like Angie had an over privileged background.
She managed a personality as well though.

Although.... it does sound like Angie had an over privileged background.
She managed a personality as well though.
I wouldn't call her background over privileged. I'm a white South African (never asked to be born one, mind you), and we grew up with maids who cleaned our rooms, cooked us lunch & dinner, babysat etc. Could afford a gardener who spent the whole day tending the gardens. But with such extreme wealth inequality there, there are wages there that amount to like $40 a day. You could still live off that there, often offered accommodation as well but it's basic.

Doesn't mean we were exceptionally well off - compared to the ordinary Australian, we had pretty average wealth I would say. Thus I would not call her background over privileged, perhaps it was compared to most people in Kenya, but in Australia her wealth status would be barely average. By the way, we don't have anything like Centerlink in Africa, Centerlink could be considered over privileged. In Africa, you rely on the support of your family and friends to help you out of hard times.

Let’s give him / them the benefit of the doubt. We haven’t seen their gameplay yet, we are only about halfway which leaves ample room for some decent housemate cred.

Let's be real. The public will vote based on personal feelings not game play.

I wouldn't call her background over privileged. I'm a white South African (never asked to be born one, mind you), and we grew up with maids who cleaned our rooms, cooked us lunch & dinner, babysat etc. Could afford a gardener who spent the whole day tending the gardens. But with such extreme wealth inequality there, there are wages there that amount to like $40 a day. You could still live off that there, often offered accommodation as well but it's basic.

Doesn't mean we were exceptionally well off - compared to the ordinary Australian, we had pretty average wealth I would say. Thus I would not call her background over privileged, perhaps it was compared to most people in Kenya, but in Australia her wealth status would be barely average. By the way, we don't have anything like Centerlink in Africa, Centerlink could be considered over privileged. In Africa, you rely on the support of your family and friends to help you out of hard times.
But... most Australians dont have multiple ‚maids‘...
or do they suddenly/unbeknownst to me

dan is winning a vote out of the three, out of all the housemates he seems like he’s being pushed by the network the most in commissioned native marketing content.

I would only have been annoyed if Xavier, Shane, Hannah, Casey, Marisa or Mat - ie BORING AS FUCK - people were in the final 3. Granted Chad and Sophie aren't exactly riveting viewing, but (in my opinion at least) not as bad as the others.

I wouldn’t mind Chad winning tbh, then he could use the money to buy some more clothes, so he doesn’t have to keep getting around half naked all the time. Poor poppet.

I wouldn’t mind Chad winning tbh, then he could use the money to buy some more clothes, so he doesn’t have to keep getting around half naked all the time. Poor poppet.
Being half naked pays his bills. O_O

Chad & Sophie are just not getting a winners edit....

The public votes for the winner, so that's pretty irrelevant. I know that if Mat, Xavier, Daniel, Sarah, Kieran or Casey were in the final, I would be voting for whoever else was against them to win.

Reactions: kxk
The public votes for the winner, so that's pretty irrelevant. I know that if Mat, Xavier, Daniel, Sarah, Kieran or Casey were in the final, I would be voting for whoever else was against them to win.
Not entirely irrelevant, as production can edit the video to encourage a winner - the public only sees what the production want us to see.... I am sure they could make it look more like Chad is strategic and lovable (if this is how we are supposed to vote) if they liked. Although, that said, Daniel is still getting a bit of a jerk edit; I take your point.

Back