Skip to main content

Fake Eviction - Fix or Not?

Did producers use this twist to save Angie?

• Yes - a BB sin

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Yes - and thank god they did

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • No - it was always planned for eviction 6

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Brekkie

Staff member
So we all agree this was blatantly set up for when producers needed to save a housemate then, and we all agree that thank god it was Angela and not Keiran. No doubt about it though if Keiran is next evicted he'll be moved in as well.

This is why a show like Big Brother shouldn't be pre-recorded. Producers used to make a point of informing fans of such twists before they happened and before producers knew who they would affect - well, in the good old days at least. The show began falling apart when they suddenly started announcing such things after they knew who'd been nominated, certainly in the UK at least.

Now we always knew they'd have to either be fake evictions or returning housemates to make up the 24 episodes considering they only need to evict 17 people to get a final three, but this just felt way too convenient.

You've said this perfectly. The enjoyment just gets sucked out of the show once it's made apparent that everything is set up. Actions without consequences just makes it boring to watch.

Although with the type of game the house is playing, I definitely understand why they had to do this, people just aren't doing anything.

I think it was fixed - and it was setup for either Kieran or Angela. if it was anyone else i think they would have allowed them to be evicted - I think they would have let anyone else go out the door and then save this for a few more days or weeks until K or A got evicted....

I think it was fixed - and it was setup for either Kieran or Angela. if it was anyone else i think they would have allowed them to be evicted - I think they would have let anyone else go out the door and then save this for a few more days or weeks until K or A got evicted....
100%

Yep a fix.

I get the feeling that Angela is evicted still right? Like she'll do the bunker thing then be on her way (as will any one else who gets evicted into the bunker).

So the show will literally be carried by evictees rather than the housemates who could win the prize. Go figure.

I get the feeling that Angela is evicted still right? Like she'll do the bunker thing then be on her way (as will any one else who gets evicted into the bunker).
Surely they won’t repeat the bunker twist again though? It’d be too obvious if anything else goes untoward in the house.

I get the feeling that Angela is evicted still right? Like she'll do the bunker thing then be on her way
It was notable that when Sonia announced it she did not actually say that Angela had been evicted. And again on Eye Spy she also said Angela was not evicted so wouldn't be appearing. But then Ange was on Sunrise I think? Anyway, they have six eps to pad out, so if there's an eviction on Sunday and Ange doesn't stay then they still have six eps to fill somehow.

Last edited:
Yep a fix.

So the show will literally be carried by evictees rather than the housemates who could win the prize. Go figure.

I think she is coming back as the description for Monday's episode mentions a surprise return.

Yep a fix.

Not much point doing this twist if they don't put her back in for the fall out.

Back