Skip to main content

Face to Face nominations

Hah... yes.... good old Johnny James... the most argumentative Australian in Big Brother History !!! I'd LOVE to see how he would have fared on Aussie BB. Amazing that he had to go the UK to become famous or infamous depending on how you look at it. !! I could not see him surviving in a house were he could not say F*** one million times a day. Ahhh those were the days... Josie and John James... the most addictive BB romance in years. Breaking out of the house through the fire escape only to be talked back in by production staff.... being forced to dress as a crab when he had massive crab issues LOLOL. Getting very sentimental here for the good old BB days ! LOL. I'd LOVE to see how John James and Tim would have got on.

John James was interesting for the show, though Josie was a nonentity.

Ehhh.... Josie WON Big Brother with the largest winning percentage EVER that year !!! Not quite nonentity material !

Because of the showmance and editing I guess, she slept most of the time. This year had a boring winner as well, it happens why pretend it doesn't? Vote to evict obviously makes it happen even more, many end up not liking the winner in that system. Teenies lapped up the showmance, everybody knows that.

Last edited:
Because of the showmance and editing I guess, she slept most of the time. This year had a boring winner as well, it happens why pretend it doesn't? Vote to evict obviously makes it happen even more, many end up not liking the winner in that system. Teenies lapped up the showmance, everybody knows that.

Have to agree with you to an extent. It was Josie's relationship with John James that was the big storyline for the entire series and they did in fact spent an extraordinary amount of time under the duvet. They even went into the diary room after separation day wrapped in the duvet if memory serves me right. The duvet in fact almost had housemate status all of it's own. Extraordinary how an item of bedding could become so ......infamous !!

Back to the thread topic.... its almost pointless now doing face to face. We all know who hates who and exactly who they will choose. The element of shock is gone, too few of them left to bother. Face to face would have been dramatic when it mattered, when the house was full, around week 4 or 5 would have been ideal, but not now.

Back to the thread topic.... its almost pointless now doing face to face. We all know who hates who and exactly who they will choose. The element of shock is gone, too few of them left to bother. Face to face would have been dramatic when it mattered, when the house was full, around week 4 or 5 would have been ideal, but not now.

Yeh I was actually thinking exactly the same.

Omg please let this be true

When Mikk brought Tahan in for noms last week with her superpower thinking that Tahan wouldn't nom her for 3 points
to her face but must have got the shock of her life when she did.

I can't see it effecting Tahan but I think Tim may get effected by it along with some others. Maybe not Drew or Boog but the rest
I think will start it might start effecting them in the house.

I would like to see another couple of intruders put into the house and then double evictions.
Or even have on the final two weeks some of the cast back an din the house for a few days interviewing the ones left to see what their future plans were and if they think they will take their friendships with them after the show.

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I don't see how they could do live face to face evictions where they say who they are nominating in front of everyone. The people nominating last would have a huge advantage, as they would know who everyone had nominated. Not only could they get back at the people who nominated them, but they could keep track of the points and figure out who they could give points to put them over the top.

Last edited:
I don't see how they could do live face to face evictions, where they say who they are nominating in front of everyone. The people nominating last would have a huge advantage, as they would know who everyone had nominated. Not only could they get back at the people who nominated them, but they could keep track of the points and figure out who they could give points to put them over the top.

NOT if they were all given a board and chalk first, and told to write out their noms in advance in the living area, and then ONE BY ONE stand up and show their board and give their reasons !!

I do like the idea of them going to the diary room and writing their nominations down first, not knowing that at the end of the night they'll have to show them face to face.

Or alternatively have them go and nominate privately - then at the end get each housemate to announce their nominations to each other - but they don't have to be truthful in what they tell the house. The house is informed of the nominees based on what the HMs tell each other, but the real nominees are the ones they nominated privately.

Considering last weeks superpower was the last they really should have gone for it and had Mikkayla take all the housemates nominations face to face.

I actually can't wait for this. I too like the idea of writing down the hm's names they what to nominate and then placing it in a folder, and afterwards bb will ask them to explain I front of all. I also like the idea of being reprimanded for not stating explanations the way hm's have in the past

I don't see how they could do live face to face evictions, where they say who they are nominating in front of everyone. The people nominating last would have a huge advantage, as they would know who everyone had nominated. Not only could they get back at the people who nominated them, but they could keep track of the points and figure out who they could give points to put them over the top.

Well, the could do it like this:

Every time a housemate goes to the diary room to nominate, BB would tell them to grab their folder from the filing cabinet and write down the two HMs they want to nominate and for how many points. BB then asks them to put their vote into the ballot box without needing to explain their nominations.

After the last housemate nominates, one housemate is asked to retrieve the stack of folders and bring them to the lounge.

Each housemate is handed back their folder. Either they all reveal their papers at the same time or one by one, followed by each housemate having to go through their reasons for nominating. BB will warn the HMs that if their reasons are poor and are not up to scratch with the usual nominating standards, then those nominating points will be given to them instead of the HMs they're trying to nominate.

What do you think?? I hope Big Brother handles this well.

When Mikk brought Tahan in for noms last week with her superpower thinking that Tahan wouldn't nom her for 3 points
to her face but must have got the shock of her life when she did.

I can't see it effecting Tahan but I think Tim may get effected by it along with some others. Maybe not Drew or Boog but the rest
I think will start it might start effecting them in the house.

I would like to see another couple of intruders put into the house and then double evictions.
Or even have on the final two weeks some of the cast back an din the house for a few days interviewing the ones left to see what their future plans were and if they think they will take their friendships with them after the show.

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Brilliant, very well put. But people will start giving crappy reasons for their nominations and noms won't be fun anymore - that's the fear I think. I dunno what Mik was thinking back then but it wasn't such a shock cuase when BB corrected Mik and said she can be nominated too and then Tahan said something like "actually I might... na jokes" and then after did it anyway, the shock was gone and Mik wanted to get Tahan's 2 points to nom.Tahan reasoning was " but it's just for strategy though" which made the nom pretty dull, she would've dished more out in the nom box but you gotta give it to the girl, she's got some guts. It was a good strategy to make Tahan look bad by not nomming her back with the 2 that she stole off her. Tahan got a surprise when the card said Drew

Why Face to Face Noms? The HM's already know how each other will be voting, the audience know how they'll be voting. It'll be an hour of showing us what they & we already know.

Any way they can work the electric shock suits into it?
hh40.gif

Well, the could do it like this:

Every time a housemate goes to the diary room to nominate, BB would tell them to grab their folder from the filing cabinet and write down the two HMs they want to nominate and for how many points. BB then asks them to put their vote into the ballot box without needing to explain their nominations.

After the last housemate nominates, one housemate is asked to retrieve the stack of folders and bring them to the lounge.

Each housemate is handed back their folder. Either they all reveal their papers at the same time or one by one, followed by each housemate having to go through their reasons for nominating. BB will warn the HMs that if their reasons are poor and are not up to scratch with the usual nominating standards, then those nominating points will be given to them instead of the HMs they're trying to nominate.

What do you think?? I hope Big Brother handles this well.

This would be perfect.

I like the idea of nominating plus their reasons. Then all nominations are played back to them on the big screen.

NOT if they were all given a board and chalk first, and told to write out their noms in advance in the living area, and then ONE BY ONE stand up and show their board and give their reasons !!

That would work! Once they write it down, they won't be able to chicken out later when they are "face to face" with their nominees.

Or will they even know when writing their nominations that they will later have to reveal what they write down in front of the house?

Last edited:
Back