Skip to main content

Face to Face nominations

G

Garry Wilde

Did anyone else see that on a promo a couple of weeks ago

I wish all nominations were face to face but if that was the case people would get hurt or die

I'm thinking that all will happen is they'll turn around in the chamber? And not be allowed to cover their mouths.

Hrmm don't know how I feel about this. I've seen it done plenty of times in BBUK and it can work well and add drama, but secret nominations are so sacrosanct here that I don't think I want to see face-to-face nominations.

The problem with face to face is they WON'T vote the way they would normally, and they give crappy pathetic reasons.... "we don't speak as much as I do to others" being one of the prime examples. The only one I could see nomming as normal is Tim, he does not care.

I'm sure Tim won't be afraid to dish it out, that's one housemate I'm looking forward to :D

The problem with face to face is they WON'T vote the way they would normally, and they give crappy pathetic reasons.... "we don't speak as much as I do to others" being one of the prime examples. The only one I could see nomming as normal is Tim, he does not care.

Yeah. I think if face to face were to happen then the reasons for nominating would be very weak. Instead of this I'd rather the housemates use the diary room to nominate & have go to 'the waiting room' (latecomers suite/task room accessable from DR) afterwards. Only in the waiting room would housemates see/hear the nominations, So they don't know until it is too late that they've been watched ;).

Only thing is what superpower could work with this one?

Firstly don't have a superpower but tell the HMs who has the superpower will find out after nominations, they should do the nominations as normal in the chamber. Then after it's over and the nominees have been announced through out the day BB calls each HM to the diary room and tells them they have the superpower which is to see every single HM nominate. Then BB plays it back to them. After BB says they can't tell anyone that they have the power or what they saw. Then once everyone knows how everyone else nominated BB calls HMs to the lounge and announces that everyone saw everyone else nominate. Obviously this will cause alot of drama for us viewers so all we have to do is watch and enjoy.

I would like to see them nominate in front of every one, now that we know how they nominate it will be good to see what they say when the others are watching.

Yeah. I think if face to face were to happen then the reasons for nominating would be very weak. Instead of this I'd rather the housemates use the diary room to nominate & have go to 'the waiting room' (latecomers suite/task room accessable from DR) afterwards. Only in the waiting room would housemates see/hear the nominations, So they don't know until it is too late that they've been watched ;).

That is a really good idea. I would really like to see this happen.

Was on the promo last time. It's one of those twists that is never as good as you think it would be - you just end up with predictable noms rather than anything shocking as people go for the easy targets.

Someone here suggested a brilliant twist a few years ago which would see each HM make two nominations - one public, one secret. So simple but I think that would work really well.

I guess the superpower holder would nominate first and then decide the order in which the others nominate. Then perhaps the Superpower holder also gets to nominate at the end too.

I always remember BBUK 2010, every week John James was up, the one week they had face to face nominations no one had the balls to nominate him. People definitely change the people or the reasons or both when it's face to face.

^This. Don't want to see face-to-face - they're boring for the most part - only way they're interesting is if there is already all-out open warfare but with this lot - no way.

Hey all,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster!
A few weeks ago there was an add saying there would be face to face nominations, I thought wow this will be great....however this week they said the housemates will tell the intruders to their face who they want to leave. Like who cares its not up to them anyway. Do you think that's is what they meant and had me excited for nothing or what ?

Love the waiting room idea. How bout just wait till they all nominate and sit them on the lounge and replay them all to the group. That would be hilarious. Then have BB remind them that nominations cannot be discussed. Oh the drama and tension.

Love the waiting room idea. How bout just wait till they all nominate and sit them on the lounge and replay them all to the group. That would be hilarious. Then have BB remind them that nominations cannot be discussed. Oh the drama and tension.

Thats how the britains big brother do it! Its so great to watch.

Back