Skip to main content

Face to Face nominations

Yeah, the best way to do it would be for the housemates to nominate normally, then to play the nominations back to the house, otherwise they'll just hold back in their reasons. But they have to be careful doing it too early in a series, because the housemates would nominate more carefully in future weeks.

One twist I would like to see them do, is at the end of the series, play back all the nominations from every week to the house. They sort of did it in BBUK10, but they only played back the nominations of those still in the house nominating each other, not all of them. I think it would be good to let them see everyone's, even though it would mean sitting through hours of footage. It could make the final week more interesting.

Love the waiting room idea. How bout just wait till they all nominate and sit them on the lounge and replay them all to the group. That would be hilarious. Then have BB remind them that nominations cannot be discussed. Oh the drama and tension.

This would be the best approach. If you tell the HMs that they have to nominate in front of each other you'll get the most boring "I nominate such-and-such because they're so amazing and I think they're a threat to me winning" or some tripe. Make it so they can't nominate strategically, or make them nominate then play it back.

I always remember BBUK 2010, every week John James was up, the one week they had face to face nominations no one had the balls to nominate him. People definitely change the people or the reasons or both when it's face to face.

Hah... yes.... good old Johnny James... the most argumentative Australian in Big Brother History !!! I'd LOVE to see how he would have fared on Aussie BB. Amazing that he had to go the UK to become famous or infamous depending on how you look at it. !! I could not see him surviving in a house were he could not say F*** one million times a day. Ahhh those were the days... Josie and John James... the most addictive BB romance in years. Breaking out of the house through the fire escape only to be talked back in by production staff.... being forced to dress as a crab when he had massive crab issues LOLOL. Getting very sentimental here for the good old BB days ! LOL. I'd LOVE to see how John James and Tim would have got on.

Hate playing back nominations - I think nominations and diary room conversations being secret is a core part of the concept and HMs shouldn't feel at risk of them being exposed. If they do face to face do it face to face - let viewers see how HMs react differently doing it that way to the normal secrecy.

And talking of John James that year the "face to face" nominations were actually done by the HMs gunging each other, so they could do like for like nominations as they didn't have to write them down before hand.

So after being advertised quite a while back - it looks like we finally have face to face nominations next week. Also no more superpower.

It is in the newest final weeks promo:
[video=youtube;ZndFRsLeAb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZndFRsLeAb4[/video]

OK, so that's a little more blatant than the previous (premature?) "face to face" noms promo. Names, and dates/airtimes mentioned. Sad they're hanging the whole thing off Tim and an evil laugh; but that's Australian media. Chuckydoll Tim finally channels Chucky?

But yeah; if face-to-face across the board is more of Tahan saying "screw you" to Mik; then let's see what the rest have up their pj pants.

I hate F2F noms. It's ridiculous. Don't change the game this
Much. I want a semblance of the original PLEASE. It's getting so far from the BB I know.
And put the intruders into lockdown longer

I'm concerned that this will make things really bad for the next few weeks and we will wind up with a horrible final 3 because of who they nominate. I reckon most will not have the balls to vote how they normally would and will take the easy route with an intruder and someone else. I'm not sure. I'll have to wait and see.

who cares , mikkayla will be evicted on wendesdy and the only good face to face nomination would be tahan and mikkayla

Yeah, the best way to do it would be for the housemates to nominate normally, then to play the nominations back to the house, otherwise they'll just hold back in their reasons. But they have to be careful doing it too early in a series, because the housemates would nominate more carefully in future weeks.

One twist I would like to see them do, is at the end of the series, play back all the nominations from every week to the house. They sort of did it in BBUK10, but they only played back the nominations of those still in the house nominating each other, not all of them. I think it would be good to let them see everyone's, even though it would mean sitting through hours of footage. It could make the final week more interesting.

Agreed this would be the best and most interesting way of doing it.

I'm concerned that this will make things really bad for the next few weeks and we will wind up with a horrible final 3 because of who they nominate. I reckon most will not have the balls to vote how they normally would and will take the easy route with an intruder and someone else. I'm not sure. I'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully an easy way for them to nominate is just to say I'm the least closest with you. It's the reason jade nominated this week anyway as she couldn't imagine nominating any of the others as she liked them too much.

I am looking forward to it, but think it might only work if BB is strict with the nomination reasons. Unfortunately we haven't seen much of that this season.

Although the super power has got a bit repetitive now hate how they keep changing the rules this series.

I always remember BBUK 2010, every week John James was up, the one week they had face to face nominations no one had the balls to nominate him. People definitely change the people or the reasons or both when it's face to face.

Yeah i remember that aswell! Because he was such a big personality in the house(and a massive jerk) that people were scared to let him know how they really felt about him.

People don't vote for who they really want to in face to face noms. They just vote for the weakest person who will not hold a grudge or kick off about it. They vote to avoid confrontation. I think its a bad idea and i am willing to bet that if it does happen, the three weakest people will be nominated, probably maddie, jade and mikkayla(because she already knows how people feel about her).

who cares , mikkayla will be evicted on wendesdy and the only good face to face nomination would be tahan and mikkayla

how about Ed having to nominate someone, if he summoned up the balls to nom Tim that would be interesting
or Ed getting nominated by 3 or 4 straight people

Im very concerned that this will interfere with having a good finals, my worst case scenario would be Tim Drew and Tahan up for eviction next week.

Im hoping that they nominate in the chamber facing each other still sound proof but you cant cover your mouth.

Id also love it if a family member or friend got to nominate in front of the housemates and they could hear everything,

If I was Big Brother I would conduct the Face-to-Face noms like this:

Every time a housemate goes to the diary room to nominate, BB would tell them to grab their folder from the filing cabinet and write down the two HMs they want to nominate and for how many points. BB then asks them to put their vote into the ballot box without needing to explain their nominations.

After the last housemate nominates, one housemate is asked to retrieve the stack of folders and bring them to the lounge.

Each housemate is handed back their folder. Either they all reveal their papers at the same time or one by one, followed by each housemate having to go through their reasons for nominating. BB will warn the HMs that if their reasons are poor and are not up to scratch with the usual nominating standards, then those nominating points will be given to them instead of the HMs they're trying to nominate.

What do you think?? I hope Big Brother handles this well.

Back