Skip to main content

Eurovision! Australia's in!

^^^ Ha, how ironic given Tina Arena has sung one of the most popular power ballads by an Australian female artist with "Chains".

:hilarious:

I like Dami Im, so I hope she does really well.

Get Sia to write her a song, do not make do with a crappy 5 minute slap together Guy job.
I thought Guy's effort was dreary, and why not take more time & effort.

Get Sia to write her a song, do not make do with a crappy 5 minute slap together Guy job.
I love your way of thinking re Sia to write the song for Dami:thumbsup:

Reactions: kxk
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/03/dami-im-sings-sound-of-silence-for-eurovision.html

Dami Im sings Sound of Silence for Eurovision
March 11th, 2016 By David Knox Make a commentFiled under: News, Top Stories, Video,

SBS has unveiled Sound of Silence, the song that Dami Im will perform as Australia’s 2016 entry into the Eurovision Song Contest.

The mid-tempo song was revealed in part last night on SBS 2’s The Feed.

It was written David Musumeci and Anthony Egizii of DNA Songs who wrote her X Factor winning single “Alive” and songs for Ricky Martin, Jessica Mauboy, Nathaniel, Delta Goodrem, Timomatic and The Veronicas.

Sound of Silence is about feelings of nostalgia, distance and missing the one you love. It’s about how chasing your dreams can sweep you up in a wild rollercoaster ride and take you away from those closest to you. It explores the irony in how the ride can lose its lustre if you can’t share it with the person you love the most,” they said.

“It’s an absolute privilege and delight to have Dami Im sing our song to represent Australia, and share the stage that brought us superstars such as ABBA and Celine Dion. To have our song received on such a world stage is a dream come true.”

“The first time I heard Sound of Silence I knew it was the perfect song for me to perform at the Eurovision Song Contest,” said Dami Im.

“There are many ways to interpret the meaning around a song, but one theme that I relate to in Sound of Silence is that of disconnection and being away from the people in my life that I love. We live in a world where it is easy to be connected every minute of the day but along with this connection you can feel alone and isolated. I can’t wait to perform it live in Stockholm and connect with a whole new audience.”

Paul Clarke, Australian Head of Delegation and Director of Blink TV said, “Sound of Silence is a cracker of a song and it was wonderful to work closely with David and Anthony from DNA. It really plays to Dami’s vulnerability in the verses and shows her awesome vocal power in the chorus. It’s a perfect song to create something eye-catching for the Eurovision stage with dramatic staging and lighting. That’s all underway, and it’s getting very exciting.”

Eurovision takes place in Stockholm, Sweden, in May.

Australia competes in the second semi-final.

Reactions: Tee
I hope Dami does well - she is insanely talented! This song doesn't have the same feel good vibe that Guy's song had, but it is very Eurovision-y nonetheless which can only be a good thing.

Oooooooo she sounds lovely and looks classy and elegant, all round gorgeous. We can be proud:)
Thank heavens these selectors, (who are they) have fine taste.
There was a petition to get shannon what's his face this gig:(
Who are the selectors? Googling...

I thought Guy did a brilliant job.

Oooooooo she sounds lovely and looks classy and elegant, all round gorgeous. We can be proud:)
Do you realise whenever you voice support for one performer, you find the need to mindlessly hate on another performer?

Sia, Shannon, Dami and Guy are ALL great Australian performers. We can actually be proud of all of them.

Do you realise whenever you voice support for one performer, you find the need to mindlessly hate on another performer?

Sia, Shannon, Dami and Guy are ALL great Australian performers. We can actually be proud of all of them.
I wanted Nikki Webster. Does that test your theory?

Shannon what's his face? Oh no. If he ever represents us at Eurovision then we have officially run out of ideas.

Back