Skip to main content

Eurovision! Australia's in!

Well I'm posting on a bb forum on a Saturday night, so I guess I'm not either.

Well that makes two of us. I'm just technically working now though, so that's my excuse.

Let's not deviate too far from the topic at hand though. So, reepy, did you watch Eurovision tonight?

It is all just so pointless. What is the point of it all?[DOUBLEPOST=1432379872][/DOUBLEPOST]

Peer pressure sucks, but at least it doesn't hurt like pier pressure.

To be fair is not all that different to the other karaoke/talent (Idol, x factor, the voice etc...) reality rubbish that pollutes the airwaves. It's supposedly a platform for the acts to move on to bigger and better things (abba??) but sadly for them it rarely ever eventuates. lol

To be fair is not all that different to the other karaoke/talent (Idol, x factor, the voice etc...) reality rubbish that pollutes the airwaves. It's supposedly a platform for the acts to move on to bigger and better things (abba??) but sadly for them it rarely ever eventuates. lol

That is true. They should just shut down Eurovision because there is no point to it all. They should realise that it is useless, all utterly useless. Time is but a fleeting dream.

lol :D

As long as some people enjoy it (similar to Big Brother and its haters who constantly whinge about being on air) it'll continue to exist. the only thing that bothers about this 'even't is its sudden popularity in Australia. I liked it more back in the 90s when it was some obscure weird SBS oddity that only weirdos admitted to watching. :p

This could be a silly question but is Australia now a permanent entry or is it just for this year? Do they often have non-European countries competing? Like a different one each maybe?

Sorry, I am a neophyte as you can tell.

lol :D

As long as some people enjoy it (similar to Big Brother and its haters who constantly whinge about being on air) it'll continue to exist. the only thing that bothers about this 'even't is it's sudden popularity in Australia. I liked it more back in the 90s when it was some obscure weird SBS oddity that only weirdos admitted to watching. :p

Enjoyment. What is that? Is it some emotion that humans have? Some way of feeling? A positive feeling? Well if it is a positive feeling then as long as people can enjoy it then I suppose it is fine.

This could be a silly question but is Australia now a permanent entry or is it just for this year? Do they often have non-European countries competing? Like a different one each maybe?

Sorry, I am a neophyte as you can tell.

No expert here but I'm pretty sure it's a one off. My question is what prompted the invite in the first place? My guess would be that someone at Eurovision go wind that it was popular in Australia hence the invite.

Enjoyment. What is that? Is it some emotion that humans have? Some way of feeling? A positive feeling? Well if it is a positive feeling then as long as people can enjoy it then I suppose it is fine.

You're getting all philosophical on me rb. :D

No expert here but I'm pretty sure it's a one off. My question is what prompted the invite in the first place? My guess would be that someone at Eurovision go wind that it was popular in Australia hence the invite.

Ok, yeah all of that makes sense. Quite peculiar really.[DOUBLEPOST=1432385092][/DOUBLEPOST]

Lol no, he can represent NZ I think!

I'm just thinking. Sorry.

SBS blew a tonne of money buying direct final entry for Guy. It will come down to their ratings return and advertising revenue, so TBD.

Back