Skip to main content

Eurovision 2019

So, Australia 131 votes from the public. Up to No. 4. 3 countries left. 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew you would say that, lol.
That was fun. Thanks Affable.
Time for me to haul my butt out for a run.

Have a good day. 🙂

We try to bring culture to Europe and all we get is a ninth place finish.

All well. It takes time for genius to be recognised.

We try to bring culture to Europe and all we get is a ninth place finish.

All well. It takes time for genius to be recognised.

Next time Australia needs to send a good artist who can actually sing well. Her song is terrible. Lucky to not have been ranked lower.

I liked her song but the staging was annoying. Relieved the Swedish and Italian songs didn't win as they sounded boring to me, quite simple and safe.

I liked her song but the staging was annoying. Relieved the Swedish and Italian songs didn't win as they sounded boring to me, quite simple and safe.

Your views are quite alternative to mine.

Staging for Kate was fantastic. Her song is absolute rubbish though.

Swedish song I did not like. Italian song was fantastic. Loved it. Mahmood is such a talented singer and should have won.

Results reflected my view as well that Semi Final 2 was much stronger than Semi Final 1. I was not surprised at all.

I've been trying to explain to an overseas friend who didn't think much of the Australian entry... that we don't actually like her much either. Same as when Isaiah Fireface did it.

I've been trying to explain to an overseas friend who didn't think much of the Australian entry... that we don't actually like her much either. Same as when Isaiah Fireface did it.

She actually won Semi Final 1 which doesn’t say much as the entries in that semi final were quite weak.

I was reading Twitter before and quite a few people had come to the realisation that the staging was fantastic but the song was not great. Europe definitely made the right choice.

Enough people liked for her to win our national final by far and she also won her semi coming 2nd in the televote.

Belarus must have voted strategically, right?

Their jury votes got thrown out because their jury members revealed how they voted prior to the final being on TV. Instead an aggregated result was used to give their votes.

Back