Skip to main content

Estelle's reaction to her nomination

You sound like another shadow, just like Bradley. Do you choose not to stand her just because the rest of her Housemates don't? That would be typical. This is the problem with the majority of the Australian public (specifically teens), they don't have the ability to think with their OWN mind or distinguish between right or wrong. So many girls are voting for George because they believe there is some silly """love story""" of sorts between himself and Layla. They are only using each other as scratching posts and agreed that it will never be anymore than a friendship? Why are so many people blind to this?

Get a better grasp on reality!

Speaking of getting a better grasp on reality...

Did you ever consider that Estelle may be a tad annoying and that is why she gets the bulk of the votes?

I know I find your inaccurate generalisations and assumptions very annoying, and yet I would still feel sad for you and want to comfort you if you were upset.

I do feel sorry for her, I really do. But that won't mean I will be sending any save votes her way.

She is better off at home amongst family and friends and personally don't see her being suitable for Big Brother at all, be it her doing or the others. She is not mentally mature to handle this social setting.

You you have to nominate someone, so it makes sense that you would nominate the person who annoys you the most. That doesn't mean you hate them, or want to see them cry, and that doesn't mean you can't feel sorry for them when they are sad. It's just part of the game.
Quoted for truth. I don't think there is any "hypocrisy" connected with comforting someone if they are upset, whether you nominated them or not. I've hated that mindset since BB01 and the whole Jonny Rotten bullshit.
I found it more interesting that I didn't see Ava jumping over everyone to comfort her. Where was she, blowing Josh in the corner? :rolleyes:

I am sure ava did at a later time. In that moment things happened so quickly. Estelle got whisked away by Ben rather swiftly. This was the moment I actually liked what Ben was doing.

I have everything crossed she gets a decent public vote this week, so that if nothing else, she realises she has support outside the house, if not inside. It might also make the others realise that a lot of people do not like the way she is being treated. Save Estelle!

This is what I hoped for in the last eviction. But instead we had a huge majority save vote for Angie and Estelle barely scraped by. I have no hope for the Australian public. I'm sure next eviction we'll see George inexplicably getting a huge save vote

I can't believe people are saying she was faking it. Didn't you see how genuinely upset she was on last night's Nominations show? Can't you tell the difference between someone fighting back tears and deliberately forcing them out?

Estelle has basically been nominated week after week for no reason other than that the rest of the housemates don't like her. It's not like she has been involved in any fights or done anything controversial, which means that every time she's nominated she knows that its because of who she is, rather than anything she's actually done. That would be incredibly hurtful and hard for a lot of people to deal with when it happens week after week.

Some people have no empathy. There are a couple of people on here who don't.

Hang on a minute, part of the show is HAVING to nominate a housemate each week for eviction. She is voted each week because she is driving her housemates in-fucking-sane. She doesn't have to be involved with fights or anything controversial, she is nominated because she is the housemate the majority want to see evicted. That is the game!

If I had to vote in the house last night, I would have given her points, as she is amongst my least favourite housemates and I feel she would drive me bonkers. But that is not to say I wouldn't feel sadness for her sadness when the result was read.

Then you are not a psychopath and that a good thing.

The thing is though that in another group of people she may have been very popular because of her kind of kooky take on things. The dynamics in every group is different and popularity or lack of it is often not based on someone being bad or annoying, just that the rest of the group decides they are bad or annoying. They may genuinely think those things but in another group people may love those very personality traits.

just a random thought, its like muriel's wedding, estelle = muriel, ava = the one rachel griffith was playing and of course all the other bitches who belittled these 2.

I do feel sorry for her, I really do. But that won't mean I will be sending any save votes her way.

She is better off at home amongst family and friends and personally don't see her being suitable for Big Brother at all, be it her doing or the others. She is not mentally mature to handle this social setting.

Actually I think she's handled the situation very well considering what she's had to deal with. I'm not sure how someone like Angie or Layla would be coping if they were in Estelle's situation the other night, third time up and a huge number of votes.

I am starting to think she'd be better off out though. I can't even imagine how disheartening it must feel in her position. I'm looking forward to the day the others have to eat each other to survive.

She's more suited to Big Brother than most of the others... If it were any other year, she would be doing really well! This year's Housemates kinda suck. I'm definitely voting to save Estelle!

I wish this week she got the highest save vote however the reality is that she will either get evicted or just scrape by again. Never wanted a housemate to stay as much as I do with her. Actually never voted until last week and this. I really think she deserves her spot in there.

If/when she goes a lot of the others are going to feel very validated. Especially Angie who seems to hate her.

I wish this week she got the highest save vote however the reality is that she will either get evicted or just scrape by again. Never wanted a housemate to stay as much as I do with her. Actually never voted until last week and this. I really think she deserves her spot in there.

If/when she goes a lot of the others are going to feel very validated. Especially Angie who seems to hate her.

This is me too.

I've never wanted a housemate to stay as much as I do with her and have never voted on ANY reality show up until last week where I voted 150 times for her. Heck, I only started posting on this forum because of her.

I am getting the hang of double quoting!

I feel so techy!!

Then you are not a psychopath and that a good thing.

I wish you would tell that to the guy I have chained up in my garden shed.

Ha!

Only psychopaths derive pleasure from nominating someone. If I was in that house I would make it clear to the person I was nominating that I did not like them. I would not be fake.

I think your definition of psychopath might just be a tad askew...

Can you not see how it is possible to actually nominate someone you like, because they are driving you bonkers?

Have you never had a visitor come and stay for a week or two and within three days of their visit you want to strangle them? You still love them, you just can't live in such close proximity with them and you can't wait until they are gone. That is how I imagine the house. Your favourite person in the world is going to get on your tits, if you are stuck with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for weeks on end, without a break.

Actually I think she's handled the situation very well considering what she's had to deal with. I'm not sure how someone like Angie or Layla would be coping if they were in Estelle's situation the other night, third time up and a huge number of votes.

I am starting to think she'd be better off out though. I can't even imagine how disheartening it must feel in her position. I'm looking forward to the day the others have to eat each other to survive.

yesss... turn on each other... release the hatred.... release the anger... become that which you hate

I can't believe people are saying she was faking it. Didn't you see how genuinely upset she was on last night's Nominations show?

Ignore those douchebags. Most likely benjamin nuthuggers.

She's more suited to Big Brother than most of the others... If it were any other year, she would be doing really well! This year's Housemates kinda suck. I'm definitely voting to save Estelle!

As a stand alone character I find she's a total blank. If it weren't for this years housemates her highlight reel would be similar to Georges (full of stuff from their respective relationships).

As a stand alone character I find she's a total blank. If it weren't for this years housemates her highlight reel would be similar to Georges (full of stuff from their respective relationships).

The whole cast sucks. Ill take Estelle over Ben and the bitch crew anyday.

I was surprised that Ava didn't console her.

I am watching the taped show of that night right now. At the end after BB announced the nominees he said "now you can have Ava back"

That reminded me Ava was sent window cleaning. She wasn't in the lounge room. That's why we didn't see her go comforting Estelle straight away.

Mystery solved. :)

Back