Skip to main content

Does this forum die?

During the off season Sonia will be on maternity leave. She will have some time free to browse this forum. We should start taking bets on when Sonia will deliver the baby. Time, date, name ect.

That's a good idea for a thread post BB

@Zebulon - some of my fave off season threads were Game of Thrones, Post BB HM Antics (rarely about the HM's) and the What's for Dinner thread. The Pets one is always a good one as well.

Excuse me.....post BB is ALWAYS about the frocks and the awards nights and the cats *HRRRMMMFFFF*

Reactions: kxk
I've only lurked for a few of the seasons, I joined last year, but didn't bother signing into it until this season.

I if remember, I'll check it out off season from time to time, but I started watching the last few of BBUK and loved the difference, so I'll have to come back for that, for sure.

I was even posting on here in the years BB was not on the air Although half of that time was trying to educate Despatz that the world isn't 6000 years old. How evolution works and why creationism / intelligent design is nonsense. That then transitioned into explaining global warming. What the science is, what we know, what we don't know. Why many common arguments against it are flawed and why. So generally It was just being a counter point to his non scientific nonsense. It was fascinating and gave me a strong insight into how irrationally seemingly intelligent people think. The amount of cognitive dissonances. Also I ended up just reading up on these topics a lot and that was fun.

So it always stays active.
Your comment pleases me. I've read some of Despatz's stuff. I am always left feeling uncomfortable

I think this off season will be much quieter than last year. The reason I say that is because the 2014 housemates on the whole have been underwhelming to say the least and I just don't see many of them trying to salvage their fleeting 15 minutes via social media which a handful of last year's hms did relatively successfully after their season had finished. And it was that social media fame whoring that kept several member in here posting about what they were getting up to in the off season, without that posting will slow down to a trickle I presume.

I think this off season will be much quieter than last year. The reason I say that is because the 2014 housemates on the whole have been underwhelming to say the least and I just don't see many of them trying to salvage their fleeting 15 minutes via social media which a handful of last year's hms did relatively successfully after their season had finished. And it was that social media fame whoring that kept several member in here posting about what they were getting up to in the off season, without that posting will slow down to a trickle I presume.

Perhaps, although a lot of the post BB antics conversation last year wasn't actually about BB lol. Sure this was a great place to catch up on what was happening with the hm's but for me it was hanging out with the people on here that kept me coming back.

Back