Skip to main content

Does this forum die?

KINGSTON! What happened to you? I remember you were everywhere last year.

Are you endangered? :wideyed:

article-0-0D716888000005DC-309_468x286.jpg

I think I am actually only hear and watching BB this year because of the off season threads between last year and this :) So settle in and stick around!

How is the dream job going @Kingston ?
Is it as wonderful as you hoped?

And re this forum, take a look around down below.

What are your interests? There are active parts of this forum all year round.
Doctor Who and Fashion, music, other TV, and funnies keep on rolling.
Start a thread that interests you OP.

How is the dream job going @Kingston ?
Is it as wonderful as you hoped?

It has been awesome! 3 months has just flown by... There are a few things I imagined would be different but nothing that has disapointed me... It really doesn't feel like work most of the time... Other than irregular operations which are a bit challenging when people are delayed and we don't have answers it's a breeze... Comapred to other jobs I've had, there is zero stress and I actually look forward to going to work...

Reactions: kxk
Hi, so this is my first year as a poster on the forum and I'm just wondering what happens in the off-season of Big Brother... How inactive does this forum become? Does anyone post here? Are the non BB threads used more?

Thanks!
That is not dead which can eternal lie.

A lot of people stay. I've been here since 2006 and have made tons of friends while BB was on and also while not. Although to be honest I'm now facebook/instgram friends with them and talk less on here, but the Today I thread always seems to keep going in the off season.

It has been awesome! 3 months has just flown by... There are a few things I imagined would be different but nothing that has disapointed me... It really doesn't feel like work most of the time... Other than irregular operations which are a bit challenging when people are delayed and we don't have answers it's a breeze... Comapred to other jobs I've had, there is zero stress and I actually look forward to going to work...

Glad it's living up to your expectations @Kingston. Is your job what is keeping you from being here as often as you used to?[DOUBLEPOST=1416382440][/DOUBLEPOST]I've been here consistently with no breaks at all ever since I joined a very long time ago. Even during the off-season (and even the hiatus), I visit just about every day and there is always plenty going on.

Reactions: kxk
...oh my god Zebulon... these forums don't die once Big Brother is over!... there's all the follow up of the aftermath of the show with people tracking the goings on of the housemates outside the house on both the 'Australian Big Brother talk' and the 'Housemates Forum' to start with...

...and when we don't have our Big Brother on there's always 'International Big Brother' whereas I for one watched the UK version for the first time this year... (my god that is vicious compared to ours believe me!)... American/Canadian and South African Big Brother have also been followed on this thread before now too!...

...on 'The Rabbit's Ears' thread people talk about all of the other shows on Australian TV... you should go and investigate... the other forums are just general chit chat forums where you can talk about anything that you wish... music/games/ videos... whatever!...

...so there you have it... plenty of stuff to do once this season finishes... I hope that I've been of help... cheers.

...oh my god Zebulon... these forums don't die once Big Brother is over!... there's all the follow up of the aftermath of the show with people tracking the goings on of the housemates outside the house on both the 'Australian Big Brother talk' and the 'Housemates Forum' to start with...

...and when we don't have our Big Brother on there's always 'International Big Brother' whereas I for one watched the UK version for the first time this year... (my god that is vicious compared to ours believe me!)... American/Canadian and South African Big Brother have also been followed on this thread before now too!...

...on 'The Rabbit's Ears' thread people talk about all of the other shows on Australian TV... you should go and investigate... the other forums are just general chit chat forums where you can talk about anything that you wish... music/games/ videos... whatever!...

...so there you have it... plenty of stuff to do once this season finishes... I hope that I've been of help... cheers.

I think I'll be back for BBUK next year - this one was my first as well, but just lurked in the thread lol. May actually post now that I "know" a few more people. :)

I think I'll be back for BBUK next year - this one was my first as well, but just lurked in the thread lol. May actually post now that I "know" a few more people. :)

...yeah that's good Oswin... that BBUK was sooooo intense wasn't it?... I watched the celebrity version too where Gary Busey won it... I was so glad that he did... that James guy was such an arsehole as far as I was concerned... I have to admit... I preferred the 2 UK versions better than our one this year to be honest!... it was more full-on and way more entertaining... I intend to get into the US and Canadian versions next time they are up too... cheers.

...yeah that's good Oswin... that BBUK was sooooo intense wasn't it?... I watched the celebrity version too where Gary Busey won it... I was so glad that he did... that James guy was such an arsehole as far as I was concerned... I have to admit... I preferred the 2 UK versions better than our one this year to be honest!... it was more full-on and way more entertaining... I intend to get into the US and Canadian versions next time they are up too... cheers.

BBUK was very intense. At the time I thought maybe too much so, but at the end of the day it kept me watching and was a great insight into how other countries do it (and I also fell a bit in love with Emma Willis in the process lol). I'll probably watch the celeb version again as well - that one has sucked me in too, I'm afraid. Not sure about watching the US version just yet, but have heard good things about Canada so might give that one a try (at least a few episodes). :)

Glad it's living up to your expectations @Kingston. Is your job what is keeping you from being here as often as you used to?

Thanks... I acutally have more downtime now than I did before... Hoepfully once I get settled down and things start calming down around here I'll start posting a bit more...

I was even posting on here in the years BB was not on the air Although half of that time was trying to educate Despatz that the world isn't 6000 years old. How evolution works and why creationism / intelligent design is nonsense. That then transitioned into explaining global warming. What the science is, what we know, what we don't know. Why many common arguments against it are flawed and why. So generally It was just being a counter point to his non scientific nonsense. It was fascinating and gave me a strong insight into how irrationally seemingly intelligent people think. The amount of cognitive dissonances. Also I ended up just reading up on these topics a lot and that was fun.

So it always stays active.

Back