Skip to main content

Does anyone go on big brother soley to win $$$$

So you are saying that any parent who is away from their child for a couple of months is not providing a stable environment? What about the mum's and dad's who work away for weeks at a time in the mines, are they bad parents. Children are very adaptable, of course they are sad if their parents are away for an extended period but as long as their is a stable significant person caring for them they will be fine.

I know that people have to go away to work - but I never said they were a bad parent (Your words). I also know that children are very adaptable and handle situations like this better than adults.

Are you implying what is best for a child is that one parent leaves for periods of time?:confused:

LOL - I'm coming off like Kyle Sandilands eh

Can someone help me?

I get what you are saying, in that by Shaz saying that she is doing this for her kids to win the money for their future, then, why has she waited for Big Brother? Why not get a night job packing shelves & putting that money into an account just for their "future". And I agree with you too in that there is absolutely nothing wrong with her saying she was going on BB for herself. More power to her, mums are people too, not just kid-slaves:p

** Please also note I am in no way implying that she *has* to get a 2nd job for her kids, just using it as an example to counteract the BB prize money thingy**

I get what you are saying, in that by Shaz saying that she is doing this for her kids to win the money for their future, then, why has she waited for Big Brother? Why not get a night job packing shelves & putting that money into an account just for their "future". And I agree with you too in that there is absolutely nothing wrong with her saying she was going on BB for herself. More power to her, mums are people too, not just kid-slaves:p

** Please also note I am in no way implying that she *has* to get a 2nd job for her kids, just using it as an example to counteract the BB prize money thingy**

I guess when you get asked what you'd spend the prize money on, it's the most important thing that pops into your head first, and for her it's her kids. So essentially she's doing it "for her kids".

Like for me, I'd say that I'm doing "for my clothes and shoes" hehe

You need to get out more.

Parents (mums and dads) often need to be away from kids for periods for multiple reasons and the kids survive. Are you a parent, I am guessing no.

Anyway, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one :)

Last edited:

Let's put Shaz to one side for a moment and forget the reason she is going to be away from her children. Conrad's argument is not that going into the BB house causes harm to her children Conrad's argument is that ANY parent who is away for any extended period of time for any reason is causing harm to their child and not providing a stable environment and that is rubbish.

My (theatre nurse) sister in law went to Banda Ache in 2004 for 3 months to help in their temporary hospital and left behind her two girls so according to Conrad she has caused them harm and did not provide them with a stable environment.

Judging mothers or fathers for their parenting is not cool.

Last edited:

Thank You - Your understand what I meant -and said it better!

Let's put Shaz to one side for a moment and forget the reason she is going to be away from her children. Conrad's argument is not that going into the BB house causes harm to her children Conrad's argument is that ANY parent who is away for any extended period of time for any reason is causing harm to their child and not providing a stable environment and that is rubbish.

My (theatre nurse) sister in law went to Banda Ache in 2004 for 3 months to help in their temporary hospital and left behind her two girls so according to Conrad she has caused them harm and did not provide them with a stable environment.

His arguments are rubbish and judging mothers or fathers is horrible.

All I said was it would cause more harm than good! :eek:

Chill out Eliza - Your sister in law is a wonderful person who helped people in need!

And before you jump Eliza - I'm not saying Shaz is a bad person! (well not yet.... I'll decide that in a few weeks)

hey [MENTION=34452]Conrad[/MENTION], i got a present for you!

8004548529_4221046beb_c.jpg

for when you finish digging that hole for yourself :p

the number 1 reason I want to go on is because I know I can win it or at least make it to the end.
I want the money.

I actually bought a bunch of Starburst for that housemate promotion, but in hindsight I don't think I could ever have gone on the show.

To be honest I'd really go in for the experience. Hate to sound really cheesy but I really think the house is a journey and whenever I see the hm's get evicted and they walk down the plank I've always thought that would be an unforgettable experience. Also it really appeals to me that you can be locked away from the world away from work, phones, school and basically everything, it'd be a great break LOL

If Big Brother today was what it was between 2001-2007, I can absolutely without hesitation say that I'd have gone on the show solely for the experience and the experience alone. I mean that.

I've missed about 4 episodes in the entirety of Big Brother Australia so I agree, I honestly think if I went on it'd be for the experience. How can anyone plot behaviour that appeals for 3 months? I auditioned for the first time ever this year and said when they asked on the form why did I want to be on BB "Who wouldn't want to be on their favourite tv show ever?". I went up and saw the house in 05 and last year and I have to admit I'd probably go insane, or just become quite withdrawn and moody, as I need my own time regularly and you don't seem to get that on BB. I'd probably be about 3rd one to be evicted. Dreams of winning and the $$$ are just that, dreams!! haha

I mean when I was promoting events and the likes it was hilarious cause people knew who I was but I had no idea who they were, I didn't wait in line, and I got to do lots of super cool things that a lot of others didn't... I just think having been on BB could spice up my life a little and I'm going to milk the BB experience for all it's worth both inside and outside the house...

Problem is you can't turn the BB fame off as it has such a massive audience, I was on a 3 part ABC doco in 2010 and I got recognised about 5 times during the airing of the show (well those were the times people actually stopped me in the street to talk to me), and it was fun and I'm glad I had that experience but if it was every day, like a BB housemate who'd been in the house a considerable time I think it'd become quite invasive and uncomfortable. I would still recognise housemates from 2001 so that BB fame could well go for years and years!

Back