Skip to main content

Doctor Who

…sorry Meglos… I guess that I should’ve put them all in spoiler tags so as to not stuff it up for others?… fuckit!… sorry mate… cheers.

…wow!… I’m so glad that you mentioned that it was on TONIGHT Meglos… I had no idea that it was!… thanks my friend… cheers. 👀👍😀

…sorry Meglos… I guess that I should’ve put them all in spoiler tags so as to not stuff it up for others?… fuckit!… sorry mate… cheers.
Yes, can't wait for tonight!

No problem, I didn't look at any of the posts or links, I'll do that after I've seen the episode.

…wow!… Russel T Davis is a masterful craftsman… that episode was magnificent!… I was completely in love with Tegan in my younger days… so good to see her at this age… she’s still beautiful… good to see Ruth Doctor… good to see Yaz gone and they are starting with a new crew… this episode had everything and more…it blew my mind… it couldn’t have been better as far as I’m concerned … wow!…just WOW!… cheers.

It really was great, Jodie's best by far.
I never had a problem with her Doctor, only the way she was written.
The returning companions were a joy. Tegan, Ace, cameos by Jo, Ian and Mel.
It does remind you though that the old companions had that something extra that the 'fam' just don't have. Yaz, Dan and Graham were fine in this episode but they were outclassed by the classics.

The returning Doctors were great too, apart from David Bradley who just doesn't capture Wiliam Hartnell. I don't really see the point in recasting, We want to see the original actor more than we want to see the character.

It really was great, Jodie's best by far.
I never had a problem with her Doctor, only the way she was written.
The returning companions were a joy. Tegan, Ace, cameos by Jo, Ian and Mel.
It does remind you though that the old companions had that something extra that the 'fam' just don't have. Yaz, Dan and Graham were fine in this episode but they were outclassed by the classics.

The returning Doctors were great too, apart from David Bradley who just doesn't capture Wiliam Hartnell. I don't really see the point in recasting, We want to see the original actor more than we want to see the character.
…I so agree with you about David Bradley… he doesn’t capture the essence of William Hartnell’s Doctor at all… nice try but he doesn’t quite work… I’ll miss Jodies Doctor… she would’ve been great under Russel’s wing… she suffered with poor scripts for her Doctor… perhaps writing for a lead female character was beyond the scriptwriters abilities perhaps?… I never ever liked Ace at the time but she seemed more tolerable this time… the cameo’s with the old companions was great though… seeing The Doctors returning as they are now makes me think that when they finish their runs as The Doctor and regenerate that their bodies live on in another astral dimension and then begin to age like a mortal perhaps?… it may explain why they are not their same young selves at the point of their regeneration maybe?… just a thought… but yes… such a wonderful mind blowing episode for me… 10/10 on the Mr Sticky scale for sure 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍… cheers.

…I’m guessing that David’s Doctor will be maybe 2 or 3 episodes only to serve as a ‘transition’ period only…(sadly for me)… but have great fun David while you can lol!… cheers.

Reactions: kxk
It will be interesting to see how he gets Donna back.
I hope they restore her memories.
…Donna was my most favourite companion ever… she deserves to get her memories back… I thought that it was a cruel thing to do to her at the time… she deserves way better… cheers.

…I’m guessing that David’s Doctor will be maybe 2 or 3 episodes only to serve as a ‘transition’ period only…(sadly for me)… but have great fun David while you can lol!… cheers.
It's confirmed he's doing three specials next November with the actual new Doctor debuting in a Christmas special afterwards.

Really is the shows "jump the shark" moment though and shows how much trouble the show is in they're having to bring back Tennant to try and entice back viewers rather than have faith in the new Doctor they've cast.

It's confirmed he's doing three specials next November with the actual new Doctor debuting in a Christmas special afterwards.

Really is the shows "jump the shark" moment though and shows how much trouble the show is in they're having to bring back Tennant to try and entice back viewers rather than have faith in the new Doctor they've cast.
I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt before saying it jumped the shark.
But that's certainly one way it could turn out.
It depends whether the viewers who were lured back stick around for the Gatwa Doctor. Apparently he does have a young fanbase.

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt before saying it jumped the shark.
But that's certainly one way it could turn out.
It depends whether the viewers who were lured back stick around for the Gatwa Doctor. Apparently he does have a young fanbase.

…I’m just hoping that the modern day Shakespeare Russell T Davis can pull the show out of the quagmire of shit that Moffatt left the show in ( the fat Daleks and ‘modernising’ of the Cybermen armour and poor script writing just to name a few)… I bet Russell was horrified at what Moffatt did to his baby after he handed it over to him… Chibnell tried his best at reviving the show when he inherited the mess Moffat handed him but really didn’t succeed so Russell must’ve thought ‘I don’t want my baby to die!’ so he took it back to save it dying an agonising death… I really hope that he brings it back to its former glory… I really do… cheers.

…and… I just want to get this off my chest… I’ve always hated the fact that they gave Daleks the ability to fly… there was a certain vulnerability about them when people escaping them used stairs to get away from them that I liked… cheers.

Back