Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Even with next weeks I’m surprised they’re delving into Yaz’s family again. It’s time for us to see more of Graeme and Ryan’s past.

Plus I loved Grace so much! Will be great to see her in flashbacks or the past.

The stories this season haven’t really grabbed me yet I must say. Did I hear we’re getting some non Chibnall stories next?

I was worried about Chibnall, and while I don't think he's ruining the show or anything, he isn't who I would have chosen. His previous DW and Torchwood stories have largely been gimmicky and violent. I also think he is deliberately throwing everything but the kitchen sink in, Was there really any need plot-wise for the pregnant man?

I was worried about Chibnall, and while I don't think he's ruining the show or anything, he isn't who I would have chosen. His previous DW and Torchwood stories have largely been gimmicky and violent. I also think he is deliberately throwing everything but the kitchen sink in, Was there really any need plot-wise for the pregnant man?

No, I thought the pregnant man subplot was largely filler because the main story didn’t really have enough to it. That and providing Graham and Ryan with something to do. I guess that could be the downside of having three companions, sometimes they’ll need to given some side story just to occupy them all.

That was quite the boring episode.

Frustrating thing is that Jodie is doing well as the doctor but the writing is letting her down badly.

...hello all... I've not had much computer access for the last few days because I've been away and have only now been able to do some 'catch up' work which includes watching my most favourite shows with Doctor Who being the most favourite... so here goes...

...The Tsuranga Conundrum:... that's a great name for an episode methinks!... "if we've wasted the last 4 hours on the wrong Planet......."... moans Graham... aw man I love Bradley Walsh in this cast... it's almost like he has Tourette's syndrome at times... (or... he's just a whingeing Pom like me lol!)... he always says what he thinks to the nth degree whenever something irks him... I like him for that if nothing else... hmmm!... a sonic mine eh?... nasty nasty nasty...

...I'm loving all of the background computers and graphics in these episodes... there's always a different variation in each episode which I really like... (it must be the geekiness coming out of me I imagine lol!)... and yet another great looking Spaceship in this episode... they really are paying attention to details with their models nowadays... kudos to them all...

dr 1.jpg dr4.jpgdra.jpg drb.jpg

2m03hy.gif
2m060d.gif
2m03ad.gif

...so they're 4 days away from The Tardis eh?... oh dear... surely by now The Doctor needs to have a 'Tardis recovery' device built into her Sonic Screwdriver to prevent this happening by now?... she just pushes a certain button and The Tardis appears in front of her perhaps?... (then again... it could be too disruptive to plotlines I guess so scrap that idea I suppose?... lol!..

...sorry about repeating myself yet again but these set designs really are amazing aren't they?... haha!... I love how Graham just happens to be 'on the spot' when that guy was snooping into his sisters medical records... Graham's such a snooping little busy body himself methinks... my god... are Ryan and Yas even in this episode this week?... they've hardly been seen so far...

...Astos Astos Astos... you just HAD to go into that pod didn't you?... even though The Doctor specifically said "you are not to engage"... (that sounds a tad bit too much like an 'American' phrase spoken by The Doctor just there to me... "you are not to engage"... hmmmmmm!... **raises eyebrow**)... Astos then says to Mabli... "it tricked me"... how?... you were just stupid enough to go into the pod after having numerous warnings from The Doctor not to do that very thing... you weren't 'tricked' by anyone or anything whatsoever into putting yourself into that position you knucklehead... sheesh!... moving on...

dr6.jpg
2m01e5.gif
2m02jr.gif

...haha!... so now were watching an offshoot creature from the movie 'Gremlins' by the looks of it lol!... oh wow!... Ryan just spoke!... so he IS there!... (he didn't have to remember too many lines this week did he?)... and... Yas just spoke!... wow!... so it's a 'Pating'?... lol!... fair enough... is that the sound that the creature makes when it does a poo or a fart I wonder?... seriously though... what the hell is that pregnant guy in this episode for?... is this foreshadowing that Ryan or Graham will get pregnant in a future show or something?... lol!... (I'm just being silly now aren't I?)...

...that was a sad moment when Ryan told Yas how his mum died when he was 13 years old and how he was the one that found her... a touching moment indeed... um... this pregnant guy that's about to give birth... I imagine that it would be like peeing a bowling ball through his tally whacker if he's having a 'natural' birth'... OUCHIES!... **Sticky's eyes wince at the thought**... that 'Android' guy is the least convincing Android that I've ever seen... he's so wooden in his role... he's the most least convincing character in this episode for me anyway... haha!... Yas' 'Bend it like Beckham' Soccer kick was a beauty wasn't it?... lol!...

...so they're going to cut open pregnant guys stomach for him to give birth eh?... thank god for that... lol!... but!... I still have no idea as to why he is even in this episode to be honest... his appearance seems pointless to me... "I shouldn't have watched that... that can't be unseen!" says Graham as that guy gives birth lol!... 'Avocado Pear'?... REALLY?... he's going to call the baby 'AVOCADO PEAR'?... bwahahaha!... what a twonk!... lol!... (it seems like The Chibs is having a bit of a dig at all of the new silly kids names that are popping up nowadays to me lol!)... so the show ends but we still don't see them getting back The Tardis?... a tad bit strange...

...well... I think that this episode wasn't as good as all of the previous ones so far this season to be honest... not much excitement... not much of anything really... the saving grace for it has been seeing all of the crispy clean set interiors and the background computer graphics etc... they are so on top of their marks with them... well done them methinks!... the story itself was quite weak and all of the episodes have been written by The Chibs so far haven't they?... perhaps it's time for guest writers to have their turn now?... hopefully that starts next week onwards... overall I liked this weeks episode but it was nowhere near the quality of the previous episodes storywise for me so far... oh well... they can't ALL be winners I guess?... lol!... now to catch up on 'Whovians'... cheers.

Last edited:
It is a nice name, but as with "The Rings Of Akhaten' and others like it, I can never remember it without checking.

...haha!... Meglos my friend... it might be a deliberate ploy by The Chibs and previously The Moff to ensure that we have to look the names up just to garnish more interest from people?... somewhat similar to Advertisers that make the most stupid and annoying Ads just so that we remeber the Ads lol!... who knows?... cheers.

...I've just read this after having just posted mine Meglos... I'm glad that someone else agrees with me on this... I saw absolutely no reason as for him being in this episode... it just didn't 'fit' for me either...

No, I thought the pregnant man subplot was largely filler because the main story didn’t really have enough to it. That and providing Graham and Ryan with something to do. I guess that could be the downside of having three companions, sometimes they’ll need to given some side story just to occupy them all.

...actually oddjob... I think that you nailed it my friend... I didn't even realise that Ryan and Yas were even in this episode for a while there... I think that The Chibs needs to give the other writers a go now that he has established what all of the characters are now... hopefully that's from next week onwards as I said before... cheers.

That was quite the boring episode.

Frustrating thing is that Jodie is doing well as the doctor but the writing is letting her down badly.

...yes I agree reepbot... Jodie is carrying this show so well but The Chibs needs more dynamic writers to have their turn now... hopefully he is smart enough to do that... if not... the show might slip a little... cheers.

I am not finding DW satisfying
I can't get into it
I watched 1 & 2, and tried 3, gave up in disgust, arachnids yuck
I tried No 4 and fell asleep....
This is painful to admit, I just don't feel it........and don't care when or if I catch up

I am not finding DW satisfying
I can't get into it
I watched 1 & 2, and tried 3, gave up in disgust, arachnids yuck
I tried No 4 and fell asleep....
This is painful to admit, I just don't feel it........and don't care when or if I catch up

3 was the Rosa Parks episode which was excellent, maybe you missed that?
Spiders was 4, monument was 5, and 6 is tomorrow.

Back