Skip to main content

Doctor Who

A cheery Slitheen snowman has come to wish us well,
He hopes that we will stay a while if we can stand the smell...

image.php

Absolutely spectacular!

No spoilers from me until I know everyone here has watched it ;)

...it's the day after the episode was aired so I think that we're right to post about it if you wish... (well that's my call anyway inumeenu)... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...for some reason I have to post this in two parts... so here is part one...

...here we go...the final episode for this season (barring the Xmas special of course) lol!... I just thought that I'd let you all know just in case you were not aware... ;):biggrin:... (haha!)... whoa!... Jenna in that 'American diner' outfit!... (a quick 'wolf whistle' from me lol!)... and then...over to Gallifrey!!!!...(my heart skips a beat from total excitement)...

...I already have two questions even at this early stage of the show...

(1)...why is there a new 'Clara' in the show?...
(2)... why wouldn't those civilians step away from The Doctor when that craft showed up?... (loyalty for The Docttor for some reason no doubt)...

...back to the show... to see The Doctor laying on that bed in the loft of the barn sent me straight back to when Clara grabbed his leg when he was a crying child lol!... I don't know why but I would love to visit that barn... I think that it is a great set that they have created for the show...it just looks so 'peaceful and cosy' to me...

..."get off my planet!"... what a brilliant stance The Doctor took... seeing all of those soldiers downing their weapons was so fantastic!... that's question #2 answered at least... loyalty to The Doctor as I thought... they obviously all look to him as their 'saviour' from the current 'President Time Lord'...

...what the?....Clara's back!... "Doctor you killed that man!"... "we're on Gallifrey... death is Time Lord for 'man-flu!"... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:... an all time classic Doctor Who line right there folks!!!...

...oh wow!... I actually felt sorry for that Dalek imprisoned in 'The Cloisters' when he kept saying "Exterminate... ME!"... the look on Clara's face when she heard... "4 and a half billion years"... was sending chills through me... for her to realise just how long The Doctor waited to revive her was great TV to watch... another great performance from Jenna...

...holey shit!!!!... The Doctor goes full circle and steals an original Tardis!!!!!... it's the original console and interior!... Clara still has no heartbeat... hmmmmmm!... something is wrong and The Doctor knows it but isn't saying... someone is knocking on the door of The Tardis... it's 'Me'... she's in a 'Time Bubble' at the end of Time itself...

...who is 'The hybrid?'... Clara's memory will be wiped by The Doctor so it is as if they have never met... I so hated this when it happened to Donna Noble so I really do hope that he doesn't do that to Clara... please don't... that is so cruel... let Clara die rather than do that!...

...oh my god!!!!... The Doctor's memory is being wiped!!!...it's going to be about him not remembering Clara instead!... what the hell are you doing 'The Moff and Co?'... will The Doctor also forget what happened in the past 2-3 years with Clara and Danny Pink and all of those other adventures that had anything to do with Clara?... I hope not because The Doctor learned a lot of things about the Daleks/Weeping Angels etc etc etc... he needs to remember all of those things!... or will he remember those adventures but minus Clara being part of them?... jeez 'The Moff and Co'... you may have opened a big can of worms for yourselves there boys...

...part two to follow... cheers.

...so here is part 2... why am I having so much trouble with posting this?...

...so Clara still lives minus a pulse and scampers off in the stolen Tardis with 'Me'... what?... is that the start of a spin-off show or something?... Jenna and Maisie in adventures of their own now?... so!... Clara's still alive minus a heartbeat eh?... so she really lives up to her nickname of 'The Impossible Girl' doesn't she?...

...I just hope that this isn't 'The Moff and Co' taking the opportunity to reset The Doctor's personality?... I would so hate that!... he better be exactly the same personality that he was 'The Moff' or I'm flying to England to punch you in the mouth big time!... you're on notice 'The Moff!'...

...well question #1 above has been answered now... the 'new' Clara was the original Clara all the time!... so The Doctor gets his 'proper' Tardis back at last!... when he enters it he puts his felt jacket on and gets a new... a new... a new... SONIC SCREWDRIVER!!!!... yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa!... thank god that Clara took off with those stupid 'sonic sunnies'!...

...bloody hell I have to split this into 3 parts to post it!... what's going on?... oh well... part 3 to follow... cheers.

Last edited:
...part 3...

...that was such a fantastic episode that answered so many questions... thank god that it didn't finish last week as I thought... I couldn't have stood it if I had to wait half a year to see the conclusion to the story... the ending with The Doctor putting that jacket on and getting his new sonic screwdriver makes for a completely new start next season... newer and bigger and better episodes hopefully...

...from the promo for the Christmas special episode looks great... when The Doctor says... "River!"... it shows that he is not taking a step backwards from River Song at least... from what I briefly saw we have Greg Davies and Matt Lucas starring alongside Peter and Alex in the show so it should be great... cheers.

...for some reason I have to post this in two parts...

Because it's so bloody long ;)

Love everything you said Mr sticky, and I agree! sensational episode, and like you the only doubt I have is if the Doctor has forgotten Clara totally, that would be a tragedy as well as wiping out all the learning and growth he's had since meeting her.

And thank GOD the sonic screwdriver is back.

The critics loved it too!

Press reaction to Hell Bent is in and Radio Times thought the episode a definite hit. "If I was left unmoved by the predictable and, to my mind, tedious events of Face the Raven, episode 12 certainly does push my buttons. It touches me in unexpected ways; it convincingly opens up a well of sorrow and, yes, several times I had a tear in my eye. The first being when the Doctor strums “a sad song” on his guitar, a blues version of a familiar Murray Gold theme. “What’s it called?” “I think that it’s called Clara...” That really got me."

The Guardian called the episode "A psychedelic, head-spinning finale that piled twist upon revelation on top of rug pull." It highlighted the way the story treated the Doctor's home planet. "Moffat’s take on Gallifrey grows richer and more intriguing. We’d always presumed the place to be a fusty, ceremonial place, sort of a sci-fi House of Lords, watching over the universe from a considered distance. And as long as they’ve featured in the show, they’ve always been liable for corruption. But this Gallifrey is an altogether darker construction."

Digital spy however, thought the conclusion to Clara's story misfired. "'Hell Bent' is at points thrilling and affecting - and as ever is blessed by two sensational lead performances from Capaldi and Coleman, who not only anchor but pretty much carry the entire hour. But given that it brings Coleman's time on the series to a close, it's the shaky climax that people will remember, and unfortunately that could end up overshadowing the episode's (many and various) good points."

The reaction in Mashable was also mixed "The show gives us several vague answers to the question of who the hybrid is. We'll get to that. But the finale itself is a hybrid — both brilliant and unfocused, neat in some ways and messy in others. It manages to simultaneously build on and undo the finer points of the two near faultless episodes that proceeded it."

MTV disagreed "Doctor Who gave Jenna Coleman’s Clara not only the best Companion exit in the long history of the series, but one of the most unabashedly gleeful lady power moments on television".Den of Geek thought the final scenes of Clara were firmly aimed at the fans. "Moffat's almost winking at people here. Some haven't liked how Clara became more like the Doctor. Now she's nicked a TARDIS from Gallifrey, and is running in her own way from the Time Lords. Doesn't sound familiar at all, that."

io9 believed the ending saved the episode. "The plot of the episode (and the season) felt severely half-baked, to say the least, and great moments intermingled freely with a certain amount of WTF. But that ending? Was the greatest. That ending retroactively made the whole thing great." Meanwhile IGN called it "a great finish for the character. "

Finally Tv.com said it was "a very satisfying ending to a season that featured a few minor hiccups, but was an otherwise enjoyable and strong season in the TARDIS"

So what did you think Mr Sticky? Or is the fantastic essay still in preparation? Looking forward to it :D

...it's great to know that someone actually likes my ravings... ramblings and rantings lol!...

Because it's so bloody long ;)

Love everything you said Mr sticky, and I agree! sensational episode, and like you the only doubt I have is if the Doctor has forgotten Clara totally, that would be a tragedy as well as wiping out all the learning and growth he's had since meeting her.

And thank GOD the sonic screwdriver is back.

...hahaha!... you're probably spot on there Meglos lol!... yay! the sonic screwdriver!... cheers.

I did like that last episode, especially the end. Definitely going to rewatch it. I dunno with Dr Who, a few things not making sense, not getting explained, is part of the deal. If you're not prepared to enjoy them at face value you probably shouldn't be watching - or digging too deep into what people say on twitter.

Oh and this...

I have no time - ehhh, just fitting in the Doctor x 3 times at least.

Life is a bit hectic, should wind down a bit next week thank heavens, work stuff etc. We are winding up a major matter. soon.
(Sorry @reepbot I haven't had time to get back and see your answers, to my 6 questions:) in the other thread.
That was rude of me, just got a tag about 4th grade or some crap, LOL, I didn't do 4th skipped that one.)

Oh wow, oh how FANTASTIC and satisfying ...and lovely, and wild, and wonderful. Clara is back to being lovely, and woohoo - what kind of spin off may we get???
Cole School, could have clara and nutjob ME whizzing kids around.
Were Jenny & Capt Jack in another end of the world spot?

@Mr Stickyfingers loving your comments, and I adore that barn setting too the lighting is gorgeous, and it would seem to be the MOMENT barn as well as his old home.

Peter looked so beautiful at times - @Mr Stickyfingers can you please stop calling him 'old man' he is only about 4 years older than River.
I love his face.

As @Meglos posted, radiotimes is running awesome Doctor articles, article about last weeks episode is wonderful.
And they have a 2 part in depth interview with Steven Moffat, very, very interesting.

Cheers all, and to all I may not be responding to in other threads etc, run off my feet, and will need to work until 4am on stuff if I am to watch the repeats.
Christmas looks like a fun caper.

Alex Kingston is up for a ‘naughty’ Doctor Who spin-off with John Barrowman
9751052-low_res-doctor-who.jpg

Doctor Who actress Alex Kingston, who plays the Time Lord’s wife in the hit BBC show, has spoken about a River Song spin-off TV series and who should star alongside her.

Promoting the upcoming Christmas Special, where we discover she is also married to a giant robot called King Hydroflax (played by The Inbetweeners’ Greg Davies), Kingston told Digital Spy that she would like a spin-off of her own. She said:

‘After the 9 O’clock watershed? With Captain Jack? Might be naughty!’

Kingston and Barrowman together on the same screen is a thought that might get everyone hot under the collar.
giphy.gif

TV’s John Barrowman has played the pansexual Captain Jack Harkness since 2005 and has appeared alongside both Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant, though not with Matt Smith and has yet to appear with Peter Capaldi’s Twelfth Doctor.

Alex also spoke to Digital Spy about who the next Doctor Who companion should be, and it’s not her! She commented:

‘I think the beauty of a character like River Song is that she’ll come in for an adventure and then she goes off again, and I think that’s what the fans love.

‘If she were a constant companion, I’m not sure the fans would enjoy that so much.’
giphy.gif

In The Husbands Of River Song, the Doctor Who Christmas Special, River does not recognise Peter Capaldi’s Doctor, and enrols him in a daring diamond heist across space and time.

...after having watched this episode for the 3rd time now... a few random thoughts of the episode on my part...

(1)... being that Ashildr (Me) is immortal and also that Captain Jack is immortal... if they hooked up and had a child or two... would those children be born as immortals?... would they live forever?...

(2)... when The Doctor (Hartnell) first ever stole a Tardis why hadn't the Time Lords installed tracking devices on the rest of them in the fleet just so that it didn't happen again... (or have I forgotten or missed something?)... please correct me if I'm wrong...

(3)... when The Doctor shot that Timelord and he changed from a white 'he' to a black 'she' as seen below...

a change.jpg

...is 'The Moff' setting us up for a future long distant arc for a female to be introduced as the new Doctor for when Peter Capaldi decides to call it a day?... not only did he change their sex but also their colour... just saying...

(4)... is River Song going to become The Doctors new permanent companion?... and who would take the dominant role between them?... (my bet is it would be The Doctor)...

(5)... is it me or has anyone else thought that Ohila...the head priestess from 'The Sisterhood of Khan' seems to have a too much power with the Time Lords?... I was always under the impression that the Time Lords held them at bay with their influence with anything to do with Gallifreyan affairs?... (maybe I'm reading too much into all of this as usual?)... lol...

(6)... Clara obviously knows that Ashildr (Me) was ultimately responsible for her death so why is she 'matey palsy walsy' with her?... if I was Clara I would be really pissed off with that if nothing else... (again... maybe it's just me?)... lol!...

(7)... and finally... even though Ashildr and Clara are very intelligent women... surely that cannot read Gallifreyan... Ashildr was reading their Tardis operational manual at one stage as seen below...

2015-12-07_18-15-33.jpg

2015-12-07_18-24-09.jpg

...and even though Clara has had past experiences in driving The Doctor's Tardis surely she can't be so comfortable in using a totally different Tardis console so easily could she?... yeah I know... I'm being way too anal aren't I?... I'll shut up now lol!... hmmmmm!... I might watch it again methinks!... lol!... cheers.

I have no time - ehhh, just fitting in the Doctor x 3 times at least.

Life is a bit hectic, should wind down a bit next week thank heavens, work stuff etc. We are winding up a major matter. soon.
(Sorry @reepbot I haven't had time to get back and see your answers, to my 6 questions:) in the other thread.
That was rude of me, just got a tag about 4th grade or some crap, LOL, I didn't do 4th skipped that one.)

Oh wow, oh how FANTASTIC and satisfying ...and lovely, and wild, and wonderful. Clara is back to being lovely, and woohoo - what kind of spin off may we get???
Cole School, could have clara and nutjob ME whizzing kids around.
Were Jenny & Capt Jack in another end of the world spot?

@Mr Stickyfingers loving your comments, and I adore that barn setting too the lighting is gorgeous, and it would seem to be the MOMENT barn as well as his old home.

Peter looked so beautiful at times - @Mr Stickyfingers can you please stop calling him 'old man' he is only about 4 years older than River.
I love his face.

As @Meglos posted, radiotimes is running awesome Doctor articles, article about last weeks episode is wonderful.
And they have a 2 part in depth interview with Steven Moffat, very, very interesting.

Cheers all, and to all I may not be responding to in other threads etc, run off my feet, and will need to work until 4am on stuff if I am to watch the repeats.
Christmas looks like a fun caper.

That's ok.

Back