Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Thanks so much Melgos, I'm researching now. Someone who usually helps me with links and tips has gone away on hols - so your a lifesaver.
I'm trying to learn more about research over these holidays, do you have any tips, how to sites that are useful?

Thanks for the tips Meglos & Burn. I had a research lesson with a friend yesterday and just watched - oooo I loved it. Kylie is kind of left as tinkerbell and could always float back in sometime. The whole thing looked wonderful, loved the previews series 4 looks heaps of fun.

Last edited:
I have a 'torrent of research' on the Christmas Episode if more people are interested.
(I'm not sure where Meglos got the information from..maybe it was 'Staged'

It's certainly one of the most action packed episodes I've seen in a long time.

Be sure to PM me if you'd like to know about the 'research' as well.

1221.jpg

Ahhh...but what is this 'secret' research Ye all speak about ?

dalek-pr0n.jpg

As soon as my download limit refreshes (soon) ,I can download the Xmas special. Perhaps then I will be keen to research the ep. Wiki has'nt posted it yet.:rolleyes:

drr.jpg

Last edited:
The mind boggles as to what those suction caps could achieve. If memory serves me correctly, that still was published on the net by the Sun newspaper in the UK, along with one or two others. A link still exists here

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article192064.ece

but it's a shadow of its former self. Pity, they should maintain their archives better. I enjoy quality broadsheet journalism, of which The Sun is up there with the best.

Thanx for that 'research' CS.
Now ...to hunt down the film !

katy_manning0014.jpg

...Cannot resist slipping this pic in ! Hope I do'nt get banned (again)

We're off to a good start here in 2008. I can see we're all striving to maintain the very high standards of Who fandom here at BBBA.

Did anyone notice the fine detail and quality materials used to construct the Dalek model? I couldn't help feasting my eyes on the lovely kitchen sink plunger.

Shame the Doctor's companion was in the way but I guess this was the best pic LB could find at such short notice. :D

(And I wonder what the good Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart would say about all this...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but bad news for any Rose lovers out there - she just got married again. Here's some links:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article3116003.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=504322&in_page_id=1773

AND guess who went to the Doctor Who Exhibition in Manchester last month? MEEEEEEEEE. I don't have time now, but I'll post some pics soon. I got my photo taken with a dalek, but it isn't quite like the Katy Manning version above, although I did give K9 a quick cuddle.

My research is going badly :( very very slow research.... 3 weeks of research for me now....trying not to read back on previous posts in case i spoil it for myself....

How is everyone? Not been in here since November, cannot wait for the new season to begin....

Happy New Year everyone :)

Happy new year funninone, hope you get your research sorted out.

nutmeg :D
Would love to see those pics, somehow I didn't think you'd do the Katy Manning pose :p

Happy New Year all. Nutmeg you lucky thing, show us your photos. Hope you had a great time. If it was me over there I would have taken in David in Hamlet, & John Barrowman in Aladin, sigh.

Can't wait for new Who & Torchwood. Anyone watched any Sarah Jane? And then K9 is coming too. Love that both Who & Torchwood are supposed to have more fun themes this year.
Did anyone catch David T in the ABC show on sunday, Chatterly Affair? He was a prof of English, witness for the defence. It was a great little show.

A great big budget Who movie would be a nice thing to consider - worldwide ready made audience.

I'm looking forward to watching SJA, either on Tv or otherwise. I never liked her much originally but loved her in School Reunion, she seemed a much more subtle and evocative actor.

The first series of SJA was wonderful, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you enjoyed School Reunion or nu who.

And because i'm such a nerd ....

If you haven't looked in your local comic shop lately (and i'm talking comic shop, not a newsagent) then you've missed out the first issue of Doctor Who Classics from IDW Publishing.

If you get in quick you'll be able to pick up #2 which was released this week.

Doctor Who Classics is IDW's reprinting of DW stories from the days when Marvel had the rights to DW.

Of course IDW now has those rights, and no, they're not just using them to reprint old stuff because coming this month they will also be launching a new Doctor Who comic (though it may only be a six issue mini-series) featuring #10 and Martha.

So if you're a real die hard DW fan then it's time to start stalking your local comic shop.
Or you know ... "research" it like I do ....

I must have been desperate but recently I read the Poseidon Adventure book. Absolute garbage. Not a proud episode in my life.

Well here I am quoting myself. Nobody else have anything interesting to say? :p

(hem)

Just watched Voyage of the Damned last night. Couldn't believe the back references to The Poseidon Adventure - the overweight couple and their difficulty and what happens to them later. I swear the dialogue was similar.

I did NOT see Kylie and David standing at the bow, leaning forward to the strains of THAT movie song.

Classic bit at 47:05 into the movie when the Doctor is about to depart somewhere and Astrid tells the Doctor to wait because of an old tradition on her planet.

She quickly graps a first aid box to stand on. Steps up to the Doctor and grabs his lapels. We coincidentally hear a firework in the background as the tradition is enacted. They each look awkward then the Doctor speaks:

"Yeah um" *gasp* "That's a real tradition, yeah" *pant*

Pure gold!

Gee Kylie was gorgeous. Only momentary glimpses of her looking her age - sagging at the corners of her mouth and age wrinkles on her upper eyelids. For the large part she was a veritable budgeriegar in the prime of her youth. Ooh yeah, her acting was excellent.

Did Kylie get into peril? Did Kylie die? Will she be back in a future episode?

At around 1h1m the old guide informs us Astrid's molecules are suspended in stasis. "Stop me falling" cries Atsrid. At 1h3m55s the Doctor says to Atsrid "There's an old tradition" and so says good-bye. "And now you can travel forever" and releases her etheral essence so that she may be free to travel the stars forever. "You're not falling Atsrid, you're flying!"

Both Astrid and Rose will be back, I'm sure!

Oh, the tour guide said "So Great Britain is a part of, ah, European and just across the British Channel you've got Great France and Great Germany". The Doctor replied, "Ah, its just, just France and Germany, only Britain is Great".

ROFL. Just loved it!

Now isn't the Doctor a sexist bastard? The old tour guide asked if he could tag along and the Doctor said he always travelled alone! His poker face said it all. I thought it was classic!

Perfect way to spend a Friday evening!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review Clean Sanchez. I hope Astrid will be back too.

New guest star announced for the new series :

Alex Kingston (Dr Corday out of ER)

Oooh! With all the announcements the BBC are feeding everyone it sounds like a bumper season!

Anyone know if DW will be broadcast in HD on the ABC here in Oz at least?

I've seen a HD TV advertised on special for $999. 37" (is that horizontal or diagonal?), 1366x768 resolution, 1200:1 contrast and 400cd/m2 brightness. 8ms response time (I think 6ms is the norm for good quality?).

Back