Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Looking forward to Tennant and Donna.
View attachment 59437

I don't mind Jodie, I put the blame on Chibnall for the poor storylines.

And yes, all new episodes will only be shown in Australia on Disney+. They are taking it from the ABC, though I'm not sure about repeats of old episodes (I caught a bit of the Matt Smith ganger story last night).

Farrrrrrrk that Ganger episode freaked me out at the time!!!

Blink was my all time fav. episode. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat, shitting myself. Some of the twists & turns got me in the feels.

Disney+ ? I'll have to look into that a bit more. I wants Dr Who, but don't want to fork out my hard earn cash for it when i've had it for decades for free on the ABC.

…the Tardis interior looks so fantastic!… it’s my dream Tardis that I’ve always wanted!… simplistic… airy and uncluttered… I love those side corridors… it’s probably my favourite along with Tenant's Tardis and believe it or not… Hartnell's original Tardis… haha!… I love Tenant’s reaction lol!… it cracks me up… cheers.

Last edited:
This was my brief review.

So I signed up to Disney+ ($13.95 for a month, then I'll cancel).
Watched The Star Beast today.

I really liked it.
Donna was the star. but David acquitted himself well.
Rose was fine (I've seen criticism of her being wooden) and I thought any trans issues were handled with sensitivity (again, others disagree).
Meep (referred to once as "the Beep") was fun.
It was nice to see Sylvia, and to learn that Wilf is still alive and being taken care of financially by Kate.
I liked the UNIT sergeant too (there's a thread about him, and he really is very good looking).

I only have two very minor niggles.
The Wrarth Warriors weren't very convincing, looking a bit like toys. I think they needed work on the eyes.
And I'm not sure it needed to create a battle of sexes by stating that women have some kind of power to let things go that men don't.

Yeah, and one thing I'm not sure about is that women are able to let go of things but men aren't. Why create a battle of the sexes?
…Meglos… that’s because women are from Arcateen V and men are from Dravid… everybody knows that!… lol!… cheers.

…I guess I’ll never see these new episodes… I can’t be arsed to get a subscription to Disney and then unsubscribe… it’s a matter of principle to me at least… I’ve watched it for free since the first ever episode as a 10 year old… there’s no fucking way that I’m paying for it now… so I’ll just have to read your reviews from all of you… thanking you all in advance… cheers.

…that’s really a bug bear to me… I know that they’ll be able to do higher quality episodes because of Disney’s cash flow behind them but it’s such a slap into the face of the loyal fans that can’t afford subscriptions… I could afford it myself easily but fuck em’… no way!… I’m so steamed by this… cheers.

…I guess I’ll never see these new episodes… I can’t be arsed to get a subscription to Disney and then unsubscribe… it’s a matter of principle to me at least… I’ve watched it for free since the first ever episode as a 10 year old… there’s no fucking way that I’m paying for it now… so I’ll just have to read your reviews from all of you… thanking you all in advance… cheers.
I'm not saying you have to, and I didn't want to either... but I signed up for $13.95 a month today and intend to cancel after the third episode.
It's really easy and I think, worth that small amount of money.

I'm not saying you have to, and I didn't want to either... but I signed up for $13.85 a month today and intend to cancel after the third episode.
It's really easy and I think, worth that small amount of money.
…I know that you’re not saying that I have to my good friend… I may not have worded it the right way… so if I offended you… I apologise… what you’re doing is a brainwave… it’s a great way around it actually… and… it is a small amount I agree… well done my friend… (the truth be known… I always forget to unsubscribe to these things and months later my beloved wife gives me hell when she reads our bank statement for subscribing to ‘even more rubbish’) lol!… but having to pay for it?… no way… cheers.

I understand you standing on principle though.
Maybe you can buy them when they come out on blu-ray or DVD?
…that’s a great idea actually… I know that it’s still paying to see the episodes but I paying for them because I want to and not because they’re making me pay for seeing the episodes (through Disney)… I know it’s silly but I just that type of guy I guess?… lol!… cheers.

…I also like the idea that Matt Smith makes a guest appearance… I’m guessing he’s a bad guy in it… but it is good to see him… (if it is him of course but it sure looked like him)… cheers.

Back