Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Breaking news : Steven Moffat leaving, to be replaced by Chris Chibnall (Torchwood, Broadchurch)

...oh wow!... that's amazing news Meglos... if you had told me this news 8-12 months ago I would've been dancing around and as happy as hell because as you all know... I have been one of his harshest critics on here when...

(1)... he changed the Cybermen's look and made them look like old English Knights with that new armour on... they didn't look like Cybermen anymore...

(2)... he changed the Daleks appearance too when he introduced those big fat chunky 'gay' looking Daleks that we have never seen since... thank God that he reverted back to the old Daleks again...

(3)... the 'sonic sunglasses'... enough said...

...as I said at the time... I believe that he was just trying to stamp his mark on the show and that was all with all of those changes just so that we didn't forget his years with the show in my opinion... BUT!... in the last two seasons he has really come good with Doctor Who... he has so totally redeemed himself with the directions that he has pushed this show as of late... 'Missy'... the 'War Doctor'... 'Gallifrey'... the perfect casting of Peter Capaldi... so many positive changes for the show... just as he has perfected the formula for the perfect show that is Doctor Who he is now leaving?... I've called him a 'bastard' for other reasons before but this time because he is now deserting us!... you BASTARD Moffatt!...

...so we are getting Chris Chibnall who is responsible for Torchwood and Broadchurch now?... so instead of 'The Moff' we now have 'The Chib'?... excellent!... I wonder if Doctor Who will now become even grittier and darker and moodier now?... interesting times ahead methinks!... oh well... see you later 'The Moff'... thanks for coming good at the end of your run!... (he'll probably spend all of his time just writing for 'Sherlock' now I guess)... welcome aboard Chris Chibnall... and don't you dare leave us Peter Capaldi!!!!... oh!... and please bring back 'Captain Jack' as requested above lol!... cheers.

I'm gonna be honest: while I'll miss Moffat, I was more upset to read there won't be a new series at all this year :(

Instead this year we get that 'Class' spinoff. No idea what to expect from that. Concept sounds a bit silly though.

...who the?... what the?...where the?... how the?... WHAT??????... now that sucks big time!!!!... what happened?... couldn't 'The Moff' be bothered anymore?... that is so wrong!... and let's be serious for a moment... how can that 'class' show even come near to substituting for our beloved Doctor Who?... who will bother to actually watch it after the first 2-3 episodes out of curiosity?... seriously?... I'm devastated!!!... that is just so wrong!!!!... cheers... :mad::punch::rage::spitoutdummy::arghh::(:sick::sorry:.

12651169_980867308634627_4157590686673817203_n.jpg

Cool isn't it?
Kind of sums up our peaceful thread:)

I want to adjust this a bit .

@Mr Stickyfingers can you help please?
I would like to change this to remove "facebook" - replace it with "here", and a version that replaces facebook with "the net/web".
Is that possible???

And is it possible to shrink it for an avatar?

...hey kxk... my desk computer has poohed it's pants and is off to be fixed tomorrow but I'm hoping to get it back in 4-5 days... when I do I promise that I will do it for you my dear kxk... I'm on here because I'm using my beloved darling wife's laptop at the moment which I just hate using but it's all I have at my disposal at the moment so yeah!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
As Steven Moffat receives his OBE he looks ahead to the next series of Doctor Who and Sherlock

The writer called the two series "dream jobs"

As_Steven_Moffat_receives_his_OBE_he_looks_ahead_to_the_next_series_of_Doctor_Who_and_Sherlock.jpg

By Huw Fullerton

Friday 5 February 2016 at 11:35AM
Outgoing Doctor Who showrunner and Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat has received an OBE (Order of the British Empire) for contributions to drama, and has given his thanks for the “dream jobs” that allowed it to happen.

"I've got not one, but two dream jobs so to get this lovely thing for already indulging myself in public, seems like an excess of good fortune,” Moffat told the Scottish Daily Record after a presentation from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.

"It was very thrilling and formal and slightly, slightly, just very slightly, like being back at school. But nicer because everyone got a prize."

He added: "Talking to other people before I came in, I kind of feel everyone's here for a better reason than me.”

Moffat also discussed the future of Doctor Who, which was recently announced to be passing into the hands of new showrunner Chris Chibnall in 2018 after a final series from Moffat.

“I’m quite excited to do something that’s not Doctor Who,” he said.

>>>>Ahead of me this year I have 14 Doctor Who <<<<

and 3 Sherlock films," he told The Scottish Daily Record. "So the last thing I’m doing is contemplating work beyond that. But the day's coming when I’ll have to.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________

...did any of you fellow Whovians pick up on that about the 14 Doctor Who episodes ahead of him?... I love the sounds of that!... cheers.

As Steven Moffat receives his OBE he looks ahead to the next series of Doctor Who and Sherlock

As_Steven_Moffat_receives_his_OBE_he_looks_ahead_to_the_next_series_of_Doctor_Who_and_Sherlock.jpg

By Huw Fullerton

Outgoing Doctor Who showrunner and Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat has received an OBE (Order of the British Empire) for contributions to drama, and has given his thanks for the “dream jobs” that allowed it to happen.

"I've got not one, but two dream jobs so to get this lovely thing for already indulging myself in public, seems like an excess of good fortune,” Moffat told the Scottish Daily Record after a presentation from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.

"It was very thrilling and formal and slightly, slightly, just very slightly, like being back at school. But nicer because everyone got a prize."

He added: "Talking to other people before I came in, I kind of feel everyone's here for a better reason than me.”

Moffat also discussed the future of Doctor Who, which was recently announced to be passing into the hands of new showrunner Chris Chibnall in 2018 after a final series from Moffat.

and 3 Sherlock films," he told The Scottish Daily Record. "So the last thing I’m doing is contemplating work beyond that. But the day's coming when I’ll have to.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________

...did any of you fellow Whovians pick up on that about the 14 Doctor Who episodes ahead of him?... I love the sounds of that!... cheers.

Yep!
He's got this years Christmas special, 12 episodes in 2017, followed by another Christmas special before Chiball takes over

By Huw Fullerton

i wonder what Moffat will do for his last season? two parters like last year? a whole season arc? single episodes? i definetely think that what he is going to write will be heavily influenced by what Capaldi decides. because if capaldi decides to stay then moffat can just write the 2017 christmas special as just a harmless romp. but if capaldi decides to go then the christmas special will have to double as a regeneration episode. if i was moffat i would be really wanting to know about what capaldi is deciding so i can start eally preparing for the upcoming season.

there are other questions i keep thinking about. will missy play a huge role? what about the daleks? could matt smith come back with david tennant at the finale? what about captain jack?

i wonder what Moffat will do for his last season? two parters like last year? a whole season arc? single episodes? i definetely think that what he is going to write will be heavily influenced by what Capaldi decides. because if capaldi decides to stay then moffat can just write the 2017 christmas special as just a harmless romp. but if capaldi decides to go then the christmas special will have to double as a regeneration episode. if i was moffat i would be really wanting to know about what capaldi is deciding so i can start eally preparing for the upcoming season.

there are other questions i keep thinking about. will missy play a huge role? what about the daleks? could matt smith come back with david tennant at the finale? what about captain jack?

...what a great post reepbot... so many good ideas going there... I have to agree with all of this... the whole thing does rely on Cpaldi doesn't it?...I'm hoping that Capaldi stays... I'm also hoping that his Doctor meets Captain Jack... the dynamics between them would be amazing... remember... Captain Jack was a flamboyant swashbuckling derring-do cheeky lad type of character when first introduced on Doctor Who and remained that way until Torchwood... in that show he became a dark and deeply troubled Captain Jack.... hopefully he would remain the same if he returns to Doctor Who... with Captain Jack's 'broodiness' and The Doctor's 'moodiness' it would make for great viewing methinks!... cheers.

Doctor Who's BBC Three spinoff is "brilliant" and Patrick Ness has an "amazing vision"

Class will pit schoolkids against intergalactic monsters later in 2016.

landscape-caretaker1.jpg

Doctor Who will be mostly absent from our telly in 2016 - but a new spinoff,Class, is coming to BBC Three and, word has it, it's "brilliant".

Damian Kanavagh - digital controller for BBC Three - told Digital Spy that writer Patrick Ness and producer Brian Minchin have an "amazing vision" for the series.

"I've read some of the scripts, I've met and talked to Patrick and Brian, and I think their vision for it is amazing," he said.

Class is set in Doctor Who's Coal Hill School and will follow its students as they battle intergalactic monsters and other sinister villains.

http://bcove.me/eo8tjvwq

Back