Skip to main content

Do you know any of the house mates personally?

Damian (season 2) was as much a cheesy douche when I knew him in high school as he was on the show. Didn't go to the same school (private boys vs private girls school) but had mutual friends and his sister went to my school, and he dated a friend of mine. I have/had many mutual acquaintances with Nelson '05 as well...he doesn't seem as horrible in real life as he was on the show.

Well I have made no secret of the fact I know Tully personally. My opinions on this are scattered throughout the forum but I can answer questions if someone desperately wants to know.
[MENTION=16031]mikidiki[/MENTION] your experiences sound great... in its hey day that would've been an absolute bucket list experience for me, I have to say.

When I was in high school I would've given anything to hang out with a HM, which is pretty sad really. That's partly why the show is different for me now, now that you can follow the HMs on twitter & instagram, or find their facebook page, they seem less elusive and the magic of it is slightly decreased for me. Also, knowing someone on the show prior to them going on (which was always a dream of mine, by the way) has probably added to this feeling as well. But I digress...

Did you find it tough being friends with Tully and seeing what people thought of her and her actions?

Ha, I feel so nosy now. This just really interests me.

I dont really count this as knowing him personally, but I used to work in retail and served Daniel from '03 regularly. Also seen him at a few of my very first house parties... He was friends of the older brothers and much older than me, so we never really spoke. It was probably only one or two parties, but I remember him, he was just like he was on the show, and really quiet! Haven't seen him since I left that job 2 years ago.

I used to go to the same gym as Bridgette. I never spoke to her. To tell you the truth I was a little scared of her. I looked at her once as I recognised her and she looked at me back in an unfriendly way so I ignored her after that.

She always used to hog the tanning bed there.

I dont really count this as knowing him personally, but I used to work in retail and served Daniel from '03 regularly. Also seen him at a few of my very first house parties... He was friends of the older brothers and much older than me, so we never really spoke. It was probably only one or two parties, but I remember him, he was just like he was on the show, and really quiet! Haven't seen him since I left that job 2 years ago.

I loved him...what did he end up doing? He is the one who came third (chrissie second and reggie first) and got given the video camera right?

Did you find it tough being friends with Tully and seeing what people thought of her and her actions?

Ha, I feel so nosy now. This just really interests me.

It's ok... I did post this in public forum, after all!

It was kinda hard at first, especially since at the beginning of the show she was deemed as being very "cool" and was certainly popular with viewers and then over the weeks she very quickly became the most hated. So, where people around me had once been really interested in this cool and interesting person I knew and wanted to know all about her, they then wanted to know all the dirt, I was constantly being asked if she was really like in real life, and even questioned as to why I wanted to be associated with her. That was hard to see and it was hard to hear, and it was difficult for me to connect the Tully I knew with the Tully I was seeing, and by the end I was almost mourning the Tully I knew because I became convinced that she was gone. It was trying at times. But, the good news is that now she is out, she is back to to her old self and I don't have to worry anymore.

I used to go to the same gym as Bridgette. I never spoke to her. To tell you the truth I was a little scared of her. I looked at her once as I recognised her and she looked at me back in an unfriendly way so I ignored her after that.

She always used to hog the tanning bed there.

That sounds like Brigitte. Although I have recently learnt that a friend of mine is friends with her... but still, Brigette didn't seem like a person I could warm to.

It's ok... I did post this in public forum, after all!

It was kinda hard at first, especially since at the beginning of the show she was deemed as being very "cool" and was certainly popular with viewers and then over the weeks she very quickly became the most hated. So, where people around me had once been really interested in this cool and interesting person I knew and wanted to know all about her, they then wanted to know all the dirt, I was constantly being asked if she was really like in real life, and even questioned as to why I wanted to be associated with her. That was hard to see and it was hard to hear, and it was difficult for me to connect the Tully I knew with the Tully I was seeing, and by the end I was almost mourning the Tully I knew because I became convinced that she was gone. It was trying at times. But, the good news is that now she is out, she is back to to her old self and I don't have to worry anymore.

I think you dealt with it really well and carried yourself really well too.

She's definitely really different outside the house because even I find myself liking Real World Tully! I hope she doesn't hate us all too much and comes back to us! :p

Well I have made no secret of the fact I know Tully personally. My opinions on this are scattered throughout the forum but I can answer questions if someone desperately wants to know.
[MENTION=16031]mikidiki[/MENTION] your experiences sound great... in its hey day that would've been an absolute bucket list experience for me, I have to say.

When I was in high school I would've given anything to hang out with a HM, which is pretty sad really. That's partly why the show is different for me now, now that you can follow the HMs on twitter & instagram, or find their facebook page, they seem less elusive and the magic of it is slightly decreased for me. Also, knowing someone on the show prior to them going on (which was always a dream of mine, by the way) has probably added to this feeling as well. But I digress...

I honestly think Tully would be such a great friend, very awesome you have her as a friend

My boyfriend's friends friend (hope that makes sense) if one of the Big Brother's. I also go to uni with Claire Madden from whatever season she was in.

I loved him...what did he end up doing? He is the one who came third (chrissie second and reggie first) and got given the video camera right?

Yep thats him. I know he went back and worked for intencity (sort of like timezone) for a few years, but after that im not sure. Still lives in Adelaide unless that has changed in the past few years.

I think you dealt with it really well and carried yourself really well too.

She's definitely really different outside the house because even I find myself liking Real World Tully! I hope she doesn't hate us all too much and comes back to us! :p

I think she just might, when it all dies down a bit. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if she has already lurked on here ;)

Thanks, btw.

I didn't like watching Tully the last few weeks, but she surprised me at how likable she was when she got out. I think she would be a fun person to hang out with in person and I think it's great she has a good friend support system with you included jessy girl. xx

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION] yes well done for handling it so well and it must have hurt knowing that your friend was receiving so much backlash from the Australian public

There are people on this site that know Tully and I am sure that they would say what you saw of her in the house is what you would see of her on the outside.

I make these comments cause some users don't want it to be general knowledge that they know Tully. Because they like to have the privacy and I respect that.

There are people on this site that know Tully and I am sure that they would say what you saw of her in the house is what you would see of her on the outside.

I make these comments cause some users don't want it to be general knowledge that they know Tully. Because they like to have the privacy and I respect that.
Okay yes I understand and completely respect their decision. But when I made this thread I didn't exactly force people to make it public that they knew someone. It is completely up to them if they want to :)

Thanks [MENTION=33654]Alice Houston[/MENTION] and [MENTION=36320]stephx[/MENTION].

I haven't made a secret of it, but had this thread not been created I probably wouldn't have made a big statement about it. But I'm totally cool with whatever questions people might have.

Yeah, she does have quite a few friends on this forum. Among them are people who signed up well before the current season started so they are just "regular members" who happen to know Tully. I don't know if that actually makes a difference, but for some reason I feel like it does! Totally respect their privacy as well, they are entitled to it afterall.

Back