Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

0EB9E916-6D8D-444E-A9DE-6AE21B429D71.jpeg
I’m a little uneasy with the way this is being reported on. There’s a general principle in media that even if it’s high profile there’s an abundance of cation around reporting civilian suicide deaths… They’re rarely if ever covered out of respect and it can be seen as glorifying suicide.

That said as soon as it’s a “celebrity” all of that is thrown out the window and it’s suddenly fair game to shout it loud and clear for everyone.

I can understand the cause of death is much harder to contain in this situation but the general lack of tact when it comes to how it’s reported is glaringly obvious.

Ideally a simple statement at the bottom of an article followed by an offer of help is the best way to inform the public while acknowledging that it’s a sensitive/triggering topic.

Last edited:
Pele
He and Maradona can have a kick around on the other side!
And
Vivienne Westwood
She was big back in the 70's in London.

Anita Pointer (the one with the fab shoulder pads)
maxresdefault.jpg

Ideally a simple statement at the bottom of an article followed by an offer of help is the best way to inform the public while acknowledging that it’s a sensitive/triggering topic.
This is how suicide deaths are reported in Australia. The article doesn't say it outright, and the clue is a statement at the bottom referring people to Lifeline and other support lines if in distress etc.

When I looked this one up, I got a full rundown I could have done without.

Adam Rich, aged 54

Back