Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

George Clayton Johnson, 86. Writer of the first episode of Star Trek, Logan's Run, and several episodes of the Twilight Zone.

Wayne Rogers, 82, star of M*A*S*H

500full-wayne-rogers.jpg

...oh wow... Wayne Rogers... I watch so many repeats of MASH that I can usually mouth the entire scene sometimes... lol!... it's so hard to think of him being 82 years old when he died because the show is so timeless and it never occurs to me they they grow so old as that... I liked Wayne as Trapper a lot better than BJ Hunnicut... RIP Wayne Rogers... cheers.

Agree. She was an amazing singer. It's a tragedy. There are new drugs to treat Hepatitis C now that are much less harsh on the body. It's so sad they were too late for her.

...oh wow... Wayne Rogers... I watch so many repeats of MASH that I can usually mouth the entire scene sometimes... lol!... it's so hard to think of him being 82 years old when he died because the show is so timeless and it never occurs to me they they grow so old as that... I liked Wayne as Trapper a lot better than BJ Hunnicut... RIP Wayne Rogers... cheers.
Yes, remembering them as they were is easier on the brain. Alan Alda has been seen in more high profile roles so seeing him age, while a shock, isn't as bad. I liked him as Arnold Vinick in West Wing. There were slices of Hawkeye there.

Yeah that's why I didn't post a recent photo of him, that's the way I'll remember him. That's the way it went with MASH though, every replacement was a little step down. Trapper -> BJ, Frank -> Charles, Henry -> Sherman, Radar -> Klinger (promoted from minor to major character).

Yeah that's why I didn't post a recent photo of him, that's the way I'll remember him. That's the way it went with MASH though, every replacement was a little step down. Trapper -> BJ, Frank -> Charles, Henry -> Sherman, Radar -> Klinger (promoted from minor to major character).

I always felt Charles was better than Frank because they actually made him a good surgeon.

MASH is one of those shows that you can watch time and time again over the years as sooner or later a favourite scene or episode will come up. The horizontal pinstripe suit scene is one of mine. I have always wondered if Alda's laughing is because he genuinely had no idea that that was going to happen.

Back