Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

Aww Tess. I thought of you when I heard this news. x
Oh Thank you, Alias. X
I thought of all the Bowie songs we have played in the music thread over the years too.
My best mate called tonight and broke the news to me ...we cried like idiots. its just so awful

January 11, 2016: The music video for David Bowie’s recently released 2016 single ‘Lazarus’ shows the rock star in a hospital bed singing the words “I’m in heaven”.

• resizer.aspx
    NOW
    9RAW: Bowie’s eerie 2016 single
  • resizer.aspx
    NEXT
    9RAW: Young Bowie performs ‘Space Oddity’
  • resizer.aspx

9RAW: Bowie’s hilarious Extras scene
  • resizer.aspx

9RAW: Zoolander 'Walk Off' scene
  • resizer.aspx

9RAW: Meldrum interviews Bowie about controversial video

Fans have been left wondering whether music icon David Bowie deliberately foreshadowed his own death in his latest single Lazarus.

The music video, released on January 7 – just one day before Bowie’s 69th birthday and the launch of new album Blackstar – shows Bowie lying in bed, eyes blindfolded and adorned with eye-shaped baubles.

“Look up here, I’m in heaven / I’ve got scars that can’t be seen / I’ve got drama, can’t be stolen / Everybody knows me now,” Bowie sings.

This appears to echo the purported ancient Greek practice of placing coins over the eyes of the dead as payment to the ferryman Charon, a mythical figure responsible for transporting souls across the River Styx to the land of the dead.

to watch the video clips mentioned above head here:
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...-iconic-moments-on-camera#M0h02Lb5QqkK2s1e.99

Hey Mr S. Thanks for this link. What an awful day for Bowie fans hey. To think we were talking about him a couple of months ago in your thread.

...yeah so true Groover... I've posted an answer to your post in the music thread which touches upon this... he will be so missed by so many... a true legend indeed... cheers.

...aw how sad... 69 and he died of Cancer too?... that's eerie... I loved his miserable droll character in 'Galaxy Quest' with Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver... he was so perfect for that character and so funny too... R.I.P Alan Rickman :(:sorry:... cheers.

I liked him as Snape in the Harry Potter movies. Plus as Hans Gruber in Die Hard (I think that was his first major film role?).

I liked him as Snape in the Harry Potter movies. Plus as Hans Gruber in Die Hard (I think that was his first major film role?).

...he was a perfect villain in Die Hard wasn't he?... I liked him in a movie called 'Bottle Shock' too... a bit more of a laid back role for him in that... he could apply himself into any role so easily... a great actor indeed... cheers.

Back