Skip to main content

Episode Day 51 (Tues 17/09/13): Late Night Feast

I want to also point out that Tahan over reacted about Tully choosing Drew over her. From what I saw they were having a good chat and Tahan was making Tully think about life on the outside and she was going to answer then Drew walks out and Tully gave the look like "I dont know how to get rid of Drew, can I talk to you later?" She seems like the sort of girl that has MAJOR trust issues as she broke down when Ed was giving her some home truths and at the point she was drunk as shit and of course took it the wrong way again but she thought she was being fucked over by not only Ed who suddenly was this whole different weird person but Drew for Matt & Ed putting that seed of doubt in her head.

Funniest thing was when Drew went on about Ed being an AFL player and he doesnt give a dick! haha

Last edited:
I want to also point out that Tahan over reacted about Tully choosing Drew over her. From what I saw they were having a good chat and Tahan was making Tully think about life on the outside and she was going to answer then Drew walks out and Tully gave the look like "I dont know how to get rid of Drew, can I talk to you later?" She seems like the sort of girl that has MAJOR trust issues as she broke down when Ed was giving her some home truths and at the point she was drunk as shit and of course took it the wrong way again but she thought she was being fucked over by not only Ed who suddenly was the whole different weird person but Drew for Matt & Ed putting that seed of doubt in her head.

Funniest thing was when Drew went on about Ed being an AFL player and he doesnt give a dick! haha

I agree, Tully clearly does have trust issues and doesn't handle it at all well when someone she feels close to lies to her about even the smallest thing. I think she sees it as a major betrayal and in a way feels rejected for it which causes her to react the way she does?

God, Drew's providing some of the best lines of the season for me this year. Last week's "I can't believe I just shut a make-up case in disgust. Fuck me." after talking to Tully, and his whole spiel about "not giving a dick" regarding the fact Ed used to be a football player. I don't even know what it is because written out these things don't seem that hysterical. It must be the way he says them.

I'm no fan of Tully but Ed's hypocrisy is amazing - telling her that Drew is just playing her, all the while playing Jade hardcore.

Understand people being annoyed as Monday's eviction show covered the same ground - but this is kind of what we've been asking for for years and it's interesting seeing the same footage edited for a more mature audience and it did provide for a better show. It all felt a lot rawer, and of course this time the Drew and Tully stuff was centered around Drew and Tully - not Ben getting in the way as was the focus of the daily show. And by not putting Ben at the centre of the situation, Ben finding himself in those situations was actually a lot funnier.

As for the events themselves, Ed proving to be an absolute dick. Wish Drew would man up and kick Tully to the kerb, Mikkayla vs Tahan was hilarious and it was nice to have a show not all based around Tim or Ben.

I think that they all are afraid to nominate the person with the super power because they don't know what the super power is and are afraid the person with the SP can see it and turn it back on them. That being said Drew wasted his nom on Tahan that wasn't the least bit strategic (I'm sure it was partly done by process of elimination) but he should have put Mikkayla up because the Sugars and Tahan figured to be there anyway and he doesn't want to nom Jade or Tully. Hard to say what he wants to do about Tim, he might be trying to stay on good terms with Tim. If I were him I would have nominated Ed anyway, it shouldn't have made much difference really since Ed should know that after that garbage he pulled at the feast Drew would hate him.

They should just do away with the super-power IMO. Question though - I understand that they do not nominate the one with the super-power because they think the holder will know who nominated them (although I'm not sure why they care), but how many of these super-powers have actually given the holder that ability? I don't recall any, so why not nominate the holder?

Understand people being annoyed as Monday's eviction show covered the same ground - but this is kind of what we've been asking for for years and it's interesting seeing the same footage edited for a more mature audience and it did provide for a better show. It all felt a lot rawer, and of course this time the Drew and Tully stuff was centered around Drew and Tully - not Ben getting in the way as was the focus of the daily show. And by not putting Ben at the centre of the situation, Ben finding himself in those situations was actually a lot funnier.

As for the events themselves, Ed proving to be an absolute dick. Wish Drew would man up and kick Tully to the kerb, Mikkayla vs Tahan was hilarious and it was nice to have a show not all based around Tim or Ben.

Nice post.

RE: Kicking Tully to the curb - It is his girlfriend. The guy is in love with her. She is an emotional wreck, and he knows that, but plenty of guys have emotional pre- menstral girlfriends. Rather than leave her I wish he would help her and stop facilitating her childishness, which is not doing either of them any favours. Tully needs to be trained, and not feared. She is a spoilt child, whose parents are too afraid to say no, or a naughty indulged puppy. Drew, if he really does feel for her, should realise his facilatation of her self-indulgent immaturity is not helping anyone except their opponents, and is only hurting the both of them.

While this site was down i did go to FB, read 5 or 6 posts and gave up. I guess people don't appreciate what they have got till its gone.

I wonder if thoughtful people here could go to the fb site and raise awareness. It is clear from the shows, the promos, the polls (Was the bromance wedding a) funny b)heartwarming d) awesome) that Channel 9 have contempt for the BB audience. The tweets they post on screen are lowest common denominator stuff - actually, there don;t seem to be any idiots here. The odd troll, plenty of people whose opinions I disagree with, but no real idiots. Nine seems to be catering to people who I don't know exist. None of my friends are that stupid, none of the fans here either. I like the show despite all the stupid manipulations and tricks they do to try to pretend it is all sparkly and new. I like watching the housemates interact. Why don't they get that? Because they clearly hate the show, are willing to use it for ratings, but clearly hold the viewers in contempt and think we want to hear about Ed and Matt's bloody bromance. Dah fa? Matt and Caleb, ok, that was something. Something I found a bit weird, but something. As Matt said 'Ed was just a good Aussie bloke.' That's all it was. Nothing special, just the two blokes left being friends. Matt could find nothing to say about Ed because he thinks nothing about Ed. Just a good bloke, like the guy at your old job or in that class you used to talk to at lunch whose name you don't remember. Urgle.

So, anyway, what if we go over to fb and post comments based on tactics, on what would be good. 'Ben is the best one to get this superpower, lol' says @FPacker on twitter displayed on the screen during the episode. No, he wasn't. Mikkayla would be, because of the Cat stuff and Hang on, are these people that stupid? Who is the audience? And who does the voting? 9 does everything to give people the mushroom treatment and reinforce the most superficial of impressions and thoughts. NO body language or psychological analysis. No extended unedited conversations. No decent questions after eviction. Bloody bloody. Would it help to go to fb....

Just went and read the comments. Sweet jesus.

Last edited:
Hungry and angry.

Must admit I pretty much filter the tweets out now - don't even notice them anymore.

Apart from not being able to post due to the Indonesian hacker Ari666 I was a little disappointed with the feast last night. Most of the footage was used to evict Matt or save Ed on Monday night.

Oh well glad the forum is back, thumbs up to the admins for their efforts

Nice post.

RE: Kicking Tully to the curb - It is his girlfriend. The guy is in love with her. She is an emotional wreck, and he knows that, but plenty of guys have emotional pre- menstral girlfriends. Rather than leave her I wish he would help her and stop facilitating her childishness, which is not doing either of them any favours. Tully needs to be trained, and not feared. She is a spoilt child, whose parents are too afraid to say no, or a naughty indulged puppy. Drew, if he really does feel for her, should realise his facilatation of her self-indulgent immaturity is not helping anyone except their opponents, and is only hurting the both of them.

How exactly would you suggest he "train" her in the confines of that house & within an appropriate time frame. I don't quite see how he can get out of this mess gracefully without seeming like a douche.

I wonder if thoughtful people here could go to the fb site and raise awareness. It is clear from the shows, the promos, the polls (Was the bromance wedding a) funny b)heartwarming d) awesome) that Channel 9 have contempt for the BB audience. The tweets they post on screen are lowest common denominator stuff - actually, there don;t seem to be any idiots here. The odd troll, plenty of people whose opinions I disagree with, but no real idiots. Nine seems to be catering to people who I don't know exist. None of my friends are that stupid, none of the fans here either. I like the show despite all the stupid manipulations and tricks they do to try to pretend it is all sparkly and new. I like watching the housemates interact. Why don't they get that? Because they clearly hate the show, are willing to use it for ratings, but clearly hold the viewers in contempt and think we want to here about Ed and Matt's bloody bromance. Dah fa? Matt and Caleb, ok, that was something. Something I found a bit weird, but something. As Matt said 'Ed was just a good Aussie bloke.' That's all it was. Nothing special, just the two blokes left being friends. Matt could find nothing to say about Ed because he thinks nothing about Ed. Just a good bloke, like the guy at your old job or in that class you used to talk to at lunch whose name you don't remember. Urgle.

So, anyway, what if we go over to fb and post comments based on tactics, on what would be good. 'Ben is the best one to get this superpower, lol' says @FPacker on twitter displayed on the screen during the episode Hang on, are these people as stupid? Who is the audience? And who does the voting? ( does everything to give people the mushroom treatment and reinforce the most superficial of impressions and thoughts. NO body language analysis. No extended unedited conversations. No decent questions after eviction. Bloody bloody. Would it help to go to fb....

Just went and read the comments. Sweet jesus.

I actually agree with you :)

Also - wtf was Ed's answer to what he wanted to be famous for. It turned from being a hero to only doing it so people wouldn't be able to say no when he used them and asked for stuff lol. I thought.. yeah, that's bout right...

That whole conversation was wretched. It was 10 narcissists trying to one up each other with over the top stories that it became absolutely absurd.

Last edited:
Are you joking? Angelina Jolie, Eva Mendes, Natalie Portman.. and throwback to Marilyn Monroe. All those women have moles.

Agreed. And I saw her cameo in Camp and she stood out as beyond gorgeous. There must be something about professional makeup for her because she is so much more beautiful in her modeling shots and her appearance in that show.

IMO Sunday night would be better with an extra 1/2-hour added to include the aftermath from Saturday morning. Tonight's show should have been extended to 90 minutes to include the fall-out from the 2 fights, instead of skipping over Saturday completely like they did :mad:

Really what should happen is that they shouldn't wait until October 2 to move the evictions to Wednesday. I dont know why they continue to have evictions on the day after a 3 day break from footage.

I think that they all are afraid to nominate the person with the super power because they don't know what the super power is and are afraid the person with the SP can see it and turn it back on them.

I agree that is what most people think but on two different occasions Drew voted for the super power holder. Remember he is the one who nominated Matt when he was the shredder. I also remember him doing it once before that but can't remember the details.

Back