Skip to main content

Episode Day 51 (28/10/14) Single eviction + HMs swap with next door

I love four new people and I'm happy with Ryan's choice but I predict they will only stay there for one week. Big Brother really disappointed me this year and to be honest I only watch 10 mins of each episode and skipping most parts on YouTube when I watch it in Europe.

Travis will probably have a major sook and BB will cave...as the wussy BB this year does... A LOT so even a week may be a stretch.

Are we talking about the housemates gossiping and saying that he was flirting with Marina here ? Honestly.. This made him insecure and paranoid ?? Oh my...

Yes, but that happening to him goes against the false construct some people have created for him in their heads and so they don't actually observe what is happening.

His whole spat with Leo saying he was flirting a lot. He nominated Leo for that. He was surprised in the bedroom last week people were talking, that it was an issue. He is dealing with Aisha being upset. Lina mentioned him flirting when she came in, making him think it's an issue. Last night he had a discussion with Aisha about it being other people talking. He confronted Leo about it. We actually saw Lina is now deliberately trying to flirt and cause trouble.

Yet people just go, 'travis is a meat head and a baby.' When you may criticize how he handles it, but you need to context or else it is meaningless. However this is why BB has gone down hill. People don't actually watch and pay attention. It's harder in this darkest timeline of BB with NINE, but this is a case where it is all there. However as a housemate goes, 'Trav acted stupid' that is all people watching use to base their opinion. With no memory of moments before in the episode. They were told what to think. This is why shit people like Ben or the soon to win Ryan succeed. They just tell viewers opinions to have.

The not subtle nuisances of a discussion, 'I am not flirting though' and then going and confronting a person he knows was saying he was flirting 'a lot' is apparently too hard to understand.

Well yeah, I have got to say that I miss Gretel on the show, she so often used to hit the nail on the head with the housemates, at least that's how I remember her and she was astute, observant, witty, and made us laugh. Sonya has never made me laugh once, she's made me feel awkward quite a few times, though. She's a lovely lady, don't get me wrong, but personally I think she's more suited to something like a dance reality show, or The Block or some thing like that.. I think she'd be more than wonderful in one of those shows and she'd probably encourage me to watch them. ;)

However I just don't feel like she is well placed being the 'one and only' BB 2012+ presenter.. The prerequisite to being a BB presenter should be some wit, a dose of humour, social observation skills, awareness of the audience and what people are wanting, ability to dish it out just a tad when housemates do stupid things, and a nice face to look at is always nice (not looking at Sandilands here)..

Sonya is really missing some of those ingredients.. Thank goodness she's nice to look at and all that, but having the wrong person doing the presenting really can take something away from a show. Sorry to Sonya lovers out there lol. That is all.
i think the difference may be due to their relative stature within the org. sonia seems to have less influence, less say, less freedom to freestyle, and most likely is largely following instruction. i dont think its a lack of wit or a case of being a softy, just look at her cutting down ryan or her work outside of bbau... i think she is pretty much hamstrung by the network in much the same way alex is ;)

My man & I were commenting last night how Prisus never takes her heavy eye make-up off. She seems to cake the eyeliner on everyday. The state of her pores the other night when she fell asleep in the diary room with the camera up close and personal. Dying to wash her make-up off.

My man & I were commenting last night how Prisus never takes her heavy eye make-up off. She seems to cake the eyeliner on everyday. The state of her pores the other night when she fell asleep in the diary room with the camera up close and personal. Dying to wash her make-up off.

A show of insecurity to constantly have to be made up. It's sad IMO. I am actually starting to feel sorry for the woman.

Did anyone hear the F-word in Tuesday's ep? It was about six minutes into the show, when Cat, Lawson, Leo, Travis and Aisha were sitting around outside, joking about how little sleep they'd had.

Lawson: I've seen three sunrises in a row.
Cat: I've seen... three sunrises (laughing) in a f***ing row.

Lawson's microphone was louder than Cat's, but it's still clear what she says.

It was like a tiny insight into what life in the house must really be like, a reminder of all the fun stuff Channel 9 won't show us.

You're right. Cat did say that.

i think the difference may be due to their relative stature within the org. sonia seems to have less influence, less say, less freedom to freestyle, and most likely is largely following instruction. i dont think its a lack of wit or a case of being a softy, just look at her cutting down ryan or her work outside of bbau... i think she is pretty much hamstrung by the network in much the same way alex is ;)
Yeah that may be the reason they chose her. I don't agree that she is witty, she has never once come back with a snappy, smart response or asking questions that dig into the issues, and is pretty flat in that regard.

At least Teflon used the swap pretty well, by breaking up the couples. It was obvious to us, but I dont think it clicked in his head, until BB planted the seeds.
I think he would always have split Travis and Aisha up (because Travis gets on his goat these days) and he's probably sick of the constant PDA's PLUS with the 'tension' caused by Clawson dramas - I don't think he needed any prompting and it then made sense to split ALL the couples ...
From something along the lines of Ryan appreciating Priya more I also don't get the feeling he sent her for any other reason than she was the only other female he could send without reuniting one of the pairs

this is Travis' 3rd visit to the sanctuary ... after so many days in there alone after the Ben non-event visit you'd think he's going to start bouncing off the walls in there and will annoy Leo big time!

we probably won't see much of the "4 next door" unless some serious strategising is going on ... are they going to be allowed to visit like the original 4 did? or are they permanently in the Sanctuary until allowed to rejoin the group?

If Priya's fans don't put their money where their mouths are this week and actually vote for her she may be gone ... I thought after last week's vote they would have voted to save her this week but again with the complacency

or maybe its only this forum that loving her?

Yeah, it really sounded like BB wasn't prepared for that answer. Had to confer for a few moments there.. ;)

It is odd since all the existing housemates are nominated. I guess this lot will be in there until the next set of nominations, which will be brutal as I'm thinking it'll be a double.. ( with 3 favourites in there - sorry Cat supporters.. lol.)
That's weird. You quoted my post but I didn't write that. Have I been hacked lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1414568078][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think 16 pages when I left, 110 pages when I came back. How many pages can I skip?
There will be a quiz. I hope you read everything.

This photo reminded me of Travis's reaction to being swapped into the Sanctuary

Attachments

• Angry Cat.jpg
    Angry Cat.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2
Back