Skip to main content

Episode DAY 25 (Thur 22/08/13): DAILY SHOW (90m)

Third time lucky perhaps?

Why is everyone saying Matt's homophobic? Did I miss something? What did he do 2nite for people to assume that?

jaz is the bitch for condoning it....the person doing it has no blame??
She's not doing anything! She mentioned Drew was affectionate, she could have been talking about how he reacted to Jade not choosing him therefore needing affection.

Im so sick of the fans only voting for peoples looks, like gtfo hoes. How the eff did Matt get that much percentage last week, eff outta here hoe.

random thoughts...

- overall, one of the better shows of the season, top 3 perhaps. lots to like. the only downside was way too many "events" - i'd rather see more interactions and interesting conversations

- take it from the top: yay, no host(ess)!

- could have done without the recap at the start, but largely the show was new material. it actually took much of the real air time to watch on IQ

- could have done without ben's talking to the pictures, but that's getting easier to fast forward

- interesting to see the new bedroom ceded to the nominees. it's a nice gesture, but I wonder how long it will last

- speaking of which, I really liked the little diary room vignettes of various housemates reactions to and predictions for the united house

- also interesting that so many of them expect more friction and fireworks.

- how about the meatheads getting sick of tully and appreciating mikayla more... if they really are controlling this game, that could be a substantial shift

- tully really is sour. good for conflict, but she's about at tiresome as ben at this point. yay for not seeing her cry, but her reactions are bi-polar and stomping off everytime something doesn't go her way is dramaqueencity.

- speaking of which, tully whispering to jasmine about "oh, i noticed drew and I getting really affectionate"...? Really? you just noticed? from what we're seeing, you mostly initiate it you cheater! and jasmine encouraging makes them out like a couple of blokes at the bar sizing up the meat at closing time... and then for them both to say "better than..." ? like, c'mon, is jade that much competition to you? the jealousy makes you both ugly - inside, where a loofa ain't gonna reach. ugh.

- on the other hand, tim and drew were killing it. loved the way they handled the food challenge - though I would have kept the prawns and scallops and dumped the crab and bugs - those are way too much work for the return, and they lost the football anyway (which we knew would happen - the only surprise was they did it in 5 minutes instead of 10)

- tim and tahan got some great playtime as the junglebook twins. good to see tahan having a bit of fun, as she's getting a bit repetitive as a complainer.

- really liked that jade won the showdown, and much prefer this format - no hosts, and zipping through the challenges. Can't complain about her choice to swap herself for Ben, though if it was me I'd seriously be tempted to save Mikayla for the lulz - sure, you risk leaving yourself up for eviction, but you gotta hope the 3-in-a-row on mikayla works to rally interest in saving you.

- also can't complain about jade (now pronounced: jah-day) taking Latie into the PSuite. In fact, I think those girls would be good for her, get her mojo back after the messing around with the boys heads. She just looks at relationships differently (not how I do, for sure), and has obviously struggled with the reactions - particularly of those NOT involved. But Latie is proving to be the SuperBestFriend for all situations. If the three of them can powerlink, we may have to call them the Heathers or the Plastics. Awesome.

- Drew is starting to get on Mrs. Riddim's nerves. His skating by with Tully and not standing up for jah-day is really opportunistic and selfish.

- Speaking of Mrs. Riddim, she says the "Suck Balls" challenge was "Slow-mo not ho-mo". That's the secret to 13 years of marriage - someone who cracks you up.

- And though I'm probably forgetting lots else, I want to finish by acknolwedging and giving major props to BB showing ANOTHER adult conversation, this time over dinner with regard to child spanking. Seriously, keep it up, guys, and you'll show how BB can evolve with the times and still remain relevant. You might be surprised how even the tweens think about these things, have their own opinions and want to hear people talk about them. So please, more of this.

She didn't say "Drew is affectionate though", I think she said "Drew and I are very affectionate".

Mikkayla and the Twins are my absolute favourites right now along with Tim. Tim had me in stitches, he's just a star. I hope Matt goes... doesn't really do anything for the show and he think's he is the man of the house in my eyes.

Nice to see A LOT of interactions on tonights show. This BB is improving heaps. It was nice to see Jasmine open up, mum was crying with her!

She's not doing anything! She mentioned Drew was affectionate, she could have been talking about how he reacted to Jade not choosing him therefore needing affection.

hmm i'm not sure were on the same page...love that big bear but...reminds me of Ben from Grizzly Adams....

Why is everyone saying Matt's homophobic? Did I miss something? What did he do 2nite for people to assume that?

He wiped his mouth after the accidental kiss with Caleb. Nothing homophobic about a guy who isn't gay wiping his mouth after accidentally kissing another guy. It doesn't mean he gives a fuck whether other people do it, just that he doesn't want to.

finally someone who agrees with me girrrrl. im sick of these 14 year old females tryna drag me for hating on this emotional distressed hoe. two words girl; evict yoself!

Also when Ben comforted Mikkayla I loved it. That was gold.. Such great housemates... starting to see some claws come out though and it's all stemming from Tully and her big yap.

random thoughts...

- overall, one of the better shows of the season, top 3 perhaps. lots to like. the only downside was way too many "events" - i'd rather see more interactions and interesting conversations

- take it from the top: yay, no host(ess)!

- could have done without the recap at the start, but largely the show was new material. it actually took much of the real air time to watch on IQ

- could have done without ben's talking to the pictures, but that's getting easier to fast forward

- interesting to see the new bedroom ceded to the nominees. it's a nice gesture, but I wonder how long it will last

- speaking of which, I really liked the little diary room vignettes of various housemates reactions to and predictions for the united house

- also interesting that so many of them expect more friction and fireworks.

- how about the meatheads getting sick of tully and appreciating mikayla more... if they really are controlling this game, that could be a substantial shift

- tully really is sour. good for conflict, but she's about at tiresome as ben at this point. yay for not seeing her cry, but her reactions are bi-polar and stomping off everytime something doesn't go her way is dramaqueencity.

- speaking of which, tully whispering to jasmine about "oh, i noticed drew and I getting really affectionate"...? Really? you just noticed? from what we're seeing, you mostly initiate it you cheater! and jasmine encouraging makes them out like a couple of blokes at the bar sizing up the meat at closing time... and then for them both to say "better than..." ? like, c'mon, is jade that much competition to you? the jealousy makes you both ugly - inside, where a loofa ain't gonna reach. ugh.

- on the other hand, tim and drew were killing it. loved the way they handled the food challenge - though I would have kept the prawns and scallops and dumped the crab and bugs - those are way too much work for the return, and they lost the football anyway (which we knew would happen - the only surprise was they did it in 5 minutes instead of 10)

- tim and tahan got some great playtime as the junglebook twins. good to see tahan having a bit of fun, as she's getting a bit repetitive as a complainer.

- really liked that jade won the showdown, and much prefer this format - no hosts, and zipping through the challenges. Can't complain about her choice to swap herself for Ben, though if it was me I'd seriously be tempted to save Mikayla for the lulz - sure, you risk leaving yourself up for eviction, but you gotta hope the 3-in-a-row on mikayla works to rally interest in saving you.

- also can't complain about jade (now pronounced: jah-day) taking Latie into the PSuite. In fact, I think those girls would be good for her, get her mojo back after the messing around with the boys heads. She just looks at relationships differently (not how I do, for sure), and has obviously struggled with the reactions - particularly of those NOT involved. But Latie is proving to be the SuperBestFriend for all situations. If the three of them can powerlink, we may have to call them the Heathers or the Plastics. Awesome.

- Drew is starting to get on Mrs. Riddim's nerves. His skating by with Tully and not standing up for jah-day is really opportunistic and selfish.

- Speaking of Mrs. Riddim, she says the "Suck Balls" challenge was "Slow-mo not ho-mo". That's the secret to 13 years of marriage - someone who cracks you up.

- And though I'm probably forgetting lots else, I want to finish by acknolwedging and giving major props to BB showing ANOTHER adult conversation, this time over dinner with regard to child spanking. Seriously, keep it up, guys, and you'll show how BB can evolve with the times and still remain relevant. You might be surprised how even the tweens think about these things, have their own opinions and want to hear people talk about them. So please, more of this.

Mrs. Riddim needs to make her presence felt here....she is a wise woman and obviously holds a lot of respect from mr. riddim. I like her and i've never met her.

He wiped his mouth after the accidental kiss with Caleb. Nothing homophobic about a guy who isn't gay wiping his mouth after accidentally kissing another guy. It doesn't mean he gives a fuck whether other people do it, just that he doesn't want to.

Thank you for answering :D

Third time lucky perhaps?

I'll take the bait. :p Whilst playing 'kissing balls' Matt wasn't a fan of Caleb's cooties when they accidentally kissed and wiped his mouth. I didn't particularly see it as homophobic - maybe Caleb is just a sloppy kisser.

I'll take the bait. :p Whilst playing 'kissing balls' Matt wasn't a fan of Caleb's cooties when they accidentally kissed and wiped his mouth. I didn't particularly see it as homophobic - maybe Caleb is just a sloppy kisser.

Haha! Yes, Caleb does seem sloppy! Thanks for replying as well :D Hate when people say something like that is "homophobic". Obviously they haven't been around people who REALLY are. Any straight guy would wipe his mouth after kissing another guy!

Agree!! That's such a great quality & I find Tahan the most interesting out of the girls & she is not cheap like some of the other girls. She is got Style!

Really enjoyed today's show. Nice to see good coverage of all the housemates, instead of focusing on just a few. Much preferred the shortened showdown coverage too.

Jade definitely had a day of highs and lows. Not surprised by her choices for the swap and presidential suite. She could have made more controversial choices, but I think choosing Ben and the sisters actually made her come across quite well. I think any housemate in her position with the recorded message for Tully would have done the same and deleted it too.

Tim and Drew in the diary room was total win. Allowed them to have fun, but also win a good meal for the housemates. Hope we see more of them having fun/doing challenges together.

Starting to warm to Mikkayla more and more, and dislike Tully more and more! Would have liked to have seen more of the conversation between her and Jas regarding being affectionate with Drew, as I can't believe it was just that short exchange. I guess BB edited it that way to keep the 'love triangle/square' story going.

Jas or Matt to go this week would be my preference.

Back