Skip to main content

Episode Day 2 (9/9/14) Live Show: The Storm Has Arrived

Don't forget, she'd have to be drinking those shakes, too.

It's for $10000, and it's only for a week. I wouldn't pass up $10000 just so I can eat some solid food for a week. The shakes would provide adequate nutrition - as Priya said, they aren't going to starve. A week of slight discomfort is totally worth it. Hell, if I were in that situation, I would drink nothing but shakes for my entire stay in the Big Brother house if it meant I'd be guaranteed that $10000. I guess for some people it'd be a big deal not eating solid food, but anybody who would let that opportunity pass them by so easily has to be insane. Housemates no longer walk out of that house and receive consolation prizes as they used to - long term rewards for short term sacrifices and all that jazz.

It's for $10000, and it's only for a week. I wouldn't pass up $10000 just so I can eat some solid food for a week. The shakes would provide adequate nutrition - as Priya said, they aren't going to starve. A week of slight discomfort is totally worth it. Hell, if I were in that situation, I would drink nothing but shakes for my entire stay in the Big Brother house if it meant I'd be guaranteed that $10000. I guess for some people it'd be a big deal not eating solid food, but anybody who would let that opportunity pass them by so easily has to be insane. Housemates no longer walk out of that house and receive consolation prizes as they used to - long term rewards for short term sacrifices and all that jazz.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Starting with 04, you won a car if you got evicted (plus a trip to Singapore, $2,000 from Visa, a pair of cell phones). It was crazy. I wonder why they stopped doing that. Budget restrictions, I'm guessing.

Really Drag it out till tommorow!

Its pathetic that they even had 24 hours to think about it and we have to wait 48 hours to see the shit hit the fan, as the consequence for their decision. It will obviously put targets on their backs for nominations, but they were told that they would all get a chance as Head of House. I wonder if they will have to win it through Friday night games. It would royally piss them off, if the same people kept winning and kept the power. I wouldnt mind betting that the 2 that took the $10,000 each, get offered GOOD FOOD one day this week and the housemates have to prepare it and serve it to them in the fish bowl, so they can all watch them eat.

Last edited:
10K will last a lot longer than their 15 minutes. I don't believe anyone would not have taken the money. The HM's can just think of the week without food as a healthy diet :p

Reactions: Sly
10K will last a lot longer than their 15 minutes. I don't believe anyone would not have taken the money. The HM's can just think of the week without food as a healthy diet :p

Yes and well, there will not be many dishes to wash and clean up - so they can just get to know each other being lazy by the pool or working out in the gym .... no dominance over the Kitchen etc :)

The Jason punishment seemed to be done to show off his auction voice, and he certainly didn't count slowly like Big Brother said he had to.

I don't think there was any doubt about them taking the 10,000. The other options seemed pointless anyway. We really should have been shown the aftermath rather than them dragging it over till the next day, I very much doubt it was 'live' like they said as well. This whole simple twist is being spread across 3 days now.

I'm sure this has all been said but to summarise:

• A "storm" - more like a gentle breeze!
  • Footage from the first night other than what was broadcast last night - less than 90 seconds! Pathetic
  • Footage from the first full day wasn't much better. The only genuinely interesting bit of footage was Gemma talking in the treehouse.
  • The show really doesn't have that 24/7 feel anymore - it's all "Action." "Cut." "Action." "Cut." Everything feels so disconnected.
  • They seem to have done it every year since around BB7 but holding back HMs just to create a second show is pointless. Surely they can come up with a more interesting premise for episode 2.
  • The crowd. The fucking crowd. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!! It's bad enough we have to listen to you cheer every bland bit of emptiness that comes from Sonia's mouth without having to endure you through the limited highlights too. They did not need to be faded in during the money bit either - you were shouting at a screen you idiots!!! They couldn't here you!!!!!
All in all the producers are letting the viewers down big time already. I get the impression in terms of what goes on in the house they may be upping their game this year, but if you reduce the show to soundbites and edited clips only airing in the TV show it's just fucking pointless.

Well, at least the Deputy Big Brothers are doing a good job, as ever. I'm liking a lot of these HMs. Gemma and Skye remind me a lot of myself. I think I'll love to hate Priya, and Jason's trying to be the Ben13 of this season. We'll be seeing more of him as time goes on.

I'm just disappointed we won't get to see the fallout of the $10,000 temptation until tomorrow. Unfortunately, that means we won't be seeing any tasks this week. It might've been the usual "get to know your fellow HMs" task they do every first week or so.

The only thing that worries me is the money. Now that Priya and Katie have won $10,000 each, will the "Grand Finale" jackpot be at $230,000? And what if BB tries tempting others with money? They'll be nothing left for the winner.

Agree with all of this! And Shakes actually (for me at least) is more appealing than their staples! and for $10,000 I would have said yes on the spot!

If it weren't for the mess that is Katie we could've had the HMs reactions to Prisus' psychological gymnastics last night.

[*]The crowd. The fucking crowd. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!! It's bad enough we have to listen to you cheer every bland bit of emptiness that comes from Sonia's mouth without having to endure you through the limited highlights too. They did not need to be faded in during the money bit either - you were shouting at a screen you idiots!!! They couldn't here you!!!!!
[/LIST]
We were told to. Every time we cheer or clap or yell stuff out, mike is on the side telling us too. Even sonia was egging us on last night while Priya and Katie were making their decision.

We were told to. Every time we cheer or clap or yell stuff out, mike is on the side telling us too. Even sonia was egging us on last night while Priya and Katie were making their decision.

It makes no sense, though. Priya and Katie couldn't hear anything from the house.

It happens on a lot of shows with live audiences. But this years Launch Night had its issues and was really F L A T . I'm sure Mike, Sonia & the crew will be stunting, begging & gagging for it every time.
0d4edb1f8b85b6c6_JT.gif

Back