Skip to main content

Episode Day 19 - Daily Show - Friday 16 August 2013

Yeah, Jade seems to be just trading on her looks... I liked her initially, but she's still so one-dimensional. I was hoping to see more character from her. I actually thought that Tehan was going to be the 'clueless young chick', but she's actually pretty switched on, and continues to surprise me with her insightful comments!

Rohans speech in the Diary Room about emotions was some of the worst acting I've seen on the show. Just terrible. Surely no one bought that?

I certainly didn't buy it! I can't wait till he's evicted! (hopefully this Monday)

p.s - I agree with all the above comments about Jade - she's just now coming across as DESPERATE!!! Get over yourself Jade, Ed doesn't like you that way and don't think about crawling back to Drew - he should have been FIRST best, NOT second best!

It's obvious she isn't used to guys turning her down, as much as she disagrees. She looks so slimy going from guy to guy.

Drew obviously likes her but he's stuck between his self respect and just saying fuck it and going with it.

I'm new so thought I'd say hi. Looks like a good forum.

Jade want's to use Drew to stay in the house as long as possible (thinks a relationship is the way to go)

Tully wants to screw Drew over by appearing to be the relationship queen and knowing everything & making him out to be stupid

Tim wants to screw Drew over first & is pissed that the girls are doing it before he can

I agree with most of that except the Tim bit. I like Tim and think he makes a lot of sense most of the time. Tully does my head in. She thinks she is too cool for school when really she needs to grow up. Her and Jade come across very needy.

Yeah, Jade seems to be just trading on her looks... I liked her initially, but she's still so one-dimensional. I was hoping to see more character from her. I actually thought that Tehan was going to be the 'clueless young chick', but she's actually pretty switched on, and continues to surprise me with her insightful comments!

Agree, I judged Tahan too fast and she has better quantities than I gave her credit for. She needs to let go of the hair dyer thing tho.

They've probably been provoking it.

As a dog person trust me that you are reading too much into a little growl in that circumstance. Totally agree re Jade. I imagine she has had a lot of people drawn to her by her looks in life so has become used to trading on that. It doesn't necessarily make her a bad person but it's what she knows. And now she is out her her depth having to use (and possibly discovery) her personality instead.

The "butt ugly" comment says A LOT. It probably really threw her to deal with someone not wanting someone on looks. That's certainly how she has picked her guys in the house!!! However it could have just been a bitter remark that she hopes the other person will hear and be hurt by.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Chump, welcome to the land of laughter, disagreements and wanting more.... enjoy!!!!
bounce.gif

I agree with most of that except the Tim bit. I like Tim and think he makes a lot of sense most of the time. Tully does my head in. She thinks she is too cool for school when really she needs to grow up. Her and Jade come across very needy.

Agree, I judged Tahan too fast and she has better quantities than I gave her credit for. She needs to let go of the hair dyer thing tho.

As a dog person trust me that you are reading too much into a little growl in that circumstance. Totally agree re Jade. I imagine she has had a lot of people drawn to her by her looks in life so has become used to trading on that. It doesn't necessarily make her a bad person but it's what she knows. And now she is out her her depth having to use (and possibly discovery) her personality instead.

The "butt ugly" comment says A LOT. It probably really threw her to deal with someone not wanting someone on looks. That's certainly how she has picked her guys in the house!!! However it could have just been a bitter remark that she hopes the other person will hear and be hurt by.

great insight chump. welcome to the forum. really found what you said about jade quite interesting. I think i may have been a bit too harsh on her. it's what she knows and as such she is now struggling to deal with the rejection and the double standard of Ed getting away with how he treated her. not saying I'm feeling too much sympathy for her but have a better handle on her. I guess if I were a model and got dumped it would be hard to understand if the other girl wasn't as model like as me. Men can like women for other things other than a model body and looks (although many footy players do seem to be attracted to them).

Hiya, Chuck :) I'm a newbie, too.

Re: your comment about Jade possibly saying the "butt ugly chick" comment in the hopes that the girl may hear it; I believe that girl would live in Italy so I don't think there would be much chance of that. :)

Pretty sure its Matt/Caleb/Tully/Tahan & Co. Then there is Tim/Mikkayla/Drew & Co.

TBH, I thought Tim was referring to himself as being in the "cool group." That would fit with his egotistical nature. On the other hand, he could have been excluding himself, thereby portraying himself as part of an "outsider group," even though that is a bit of a contradiction in terms.

I think Tully wrote herself back into the game with last night's episode. She has given up the crying and brooding, and is engaging in meaningful conversations, with a hint of romantic provocation.

If Tully survives eviction night, she may go on to be another Estelle, and a real threat to Tim and his clique.

I would be happy to see Ben and Rohan go on Monday night.

TBH, I thought Tim was referring to himself as being in the "cool group." That would fit with his egotistical nature. On the other hand, he could have been excluding himself, thereby portraying himself as part of an "outsider group," even though that is a bit of a contradiction in terms.

Yeah I think he prefers to think of himself as an outsider. Pretty sure Tim has referred to them as the Meatheads & Models as well. I see Tim and Matt as the current clique leaders. Matt is a bit smarter though and goes about more discretely than Tim.

I think Tully wrote herself back into the game with last night's episode. She has given up the crying and brooding, and is engaging in meaningful conversations, with a hint of romantic provocation.

If Tully survives eviction night, she may go on to be another Estelle, and a real threat to Tim and his clique.

I would be happy to see Ben and Rohan go on Monday night.

I'll admit she did grow on me tonight even with her terrible Ombré hair. I'm just not sure if it's enough to save her. If she were to stay I wouldn't be too distraught because at least she ads to the show unlike some of the other pot-plants up.

Hiya, Chuck :) I'm a newbie, too.

Re: your comment about Jade possibly saying the "butt ugly chick" comment in the hopes that the girl may hear it; I believe that girl would live in Italy so I don't think there would be much chance of that. :)

Doh! Your probably right. I guess we go back to her being superficial then ha ha

Good morning Chump.. Welcome to BBBA. Hope to see you at the Showdown Show. Tonight.

I'll do my best. We have guests and they aren't into BB so I could be playing catch up later ..... Weeknights I'm all on tho

I got the sense he was considering himself not in the cool group. But I also think he knows its cool to not be cool (ya get me?).

So many things about Tim that are not what I would consider good qualities yet I can't help but like him. I love that he ate the ice cream again and flat out said he doesn't care about Tehans hair. I reckon if he was given the power of swapping someone from halfway to safe house (like mikayyla was) he would save himself and probably find it funny and be completely non apologetic about it and not go through all the guilt or whatever that Mikkayla and Tehan have

Last edited by a moderator:
curious what Tulley said, when speaking with Drew.
Drew stated "if you can buy a can of affection",was Tulley's reply "it's like ambi pur for affection", or are my ears deceiving me.

edit: replayed the scene several times, Tulleys definitely saying ambi pur.
that whole scene had to be a staged ad for ambi pur.
nice segway, NOT!! what an odd reference "can of affection".

Welcome to the Forum Bazooka :D and how did I miss this? And your right. Well it's one thing to have the Ambi Pur adds, but this just sounds strange.

And I mentioned Jade said to Ed "Does my bra look alright?" But yeah, Tiarne was right, Jade said "Does my bra look stupid?" Well Jade you look more stupid asking Ed such a question. Why didn't she ask Tully? Oh, bad idea. She would've raced off to report it to Tahan and Drew :D

And I mentioned Jade said to Ed "Does my bra look alright?" But yeah, Tiarne was right, Jade said "Does my bra look stupid?" Well Jade you look more stupid asking Ed such a question. Why didn't she ask Tully? Oh, bad idea. She would've raced off to report it to Tahan and Drew :D

I think Jade asked Ed about her bra to get him to look at her body.... she is tying everything to get his attention and Her desperation makes me cringe. Can't she see he's just not interested?

Back