Skip to main content

Episode Day 13: Saturday Showdown (2nd Show)

This afternoon I watched the repeats of the daily shows on Go. One of the things I picked up on the repeats that I missed when I watched it the first time was a conversation that Tahan had with Mikkayla after Mikkayla had reentered the Safe House. Both were lying on the bed, and Tahan told Mikkayla that it was a borderline choice between Heidi and Tully as to who she would send back into the Halfway House. Tahan said she chose Heidi because if she had chosen Tully, who had already spent a week in the Halfway House, it would be seen as too cruel by the other HMs, and would go against her.

Is Tahan strategically fanning the flames of discord between Mikkayla and Tully, or does she genuinely dislike Tully?

I had no idea Big Brother was repeated on GO. This could come in handy for me. So thankyou.

Definately think nominations are filmed in Sydney and Showdown could be too. The arena stuff felt a bit green screen to me, but unless Goldman is in Sydney (and he could do his part from anywhere really) they couldn't really have done that final scene in the commentary booth.

There is nothing wrong at all with having two different sets in two cities - I just think the second set needs to be a bit better. It works OK with just Shelly for Showdown (if that is the case), but the nominations set up just looked awkward with Sonia trapped in one spot in the middle. A made for purpose different set would be better than a recreation of the main set which doesn't 100% work.

If it is the main Dreamworld stage they are using for both then they need to use it better when there is no crowd. Shelly doesn't really need to be infront of the screen for Showdown - making more of using the control room and other behind the scenes locations could be better. For nominations they simple need to turn the audience around so Sonia can get to her white stage and the audience on the stage kind of circles that.

Definately think nominations are filmed in Sydney and Showdown could be too. The arena stuff felt a bit green screen to me, but unless Goldman is in Sydney (and he could do his part from anywhere really) they couldn't really have done that final scene in the commentary booth.

There is nothing wrong at all with having two different sets in two cities - I just think the second set needs to be a bit better. It works OK with just Shelly for Showdown (if that is the case), but the nominations set up just looked awkward with Sonia trapped in one spot in the middle. A made for purpose different set would be better than a recreation of the main set which doesn't 100% work.

If it is the main Dreamworld stage they are using for both then they need to use it better when there is no crowd. Shelly doesn't really need to be infront of the screen for Showdown - making more of using the control room and other behind the scenes locations could be better. For nominations they simple need to turn the audience around so Sonia can get to her white stage and the audience on the stage kind of circles that.

Last night Showdown made it very clear that all three hosts are on the Gold Coast for the filming...

this is a silly conspiracy theory.

I've asked Alex what happens in week 5 if Showdown only lasts for 4 weeks. His reply:

"week 5 = the game changes completely! Stay tuned."

Last night Showdown made it very clear that all three hosts are on the Gold Coast for the filming...

this is a silly conspiracy theory.

I've asked Alex what happens in week 5 if Showdown only lasts for 4 weeks. His reply:

"week 5 = the game changes completely! Stay tuned."

But why would they fly everyone to queenland to film something that doesnt require them to be on location? They are commentating as the event happens.

Michael lives and works in Adelaide and its faster to get hime ADL to SYD and back again that it would be to QLD. Having them all in Sydney makes much more sense financially and logistically.

And what was the point in having Shelly walk in on the boys?? 50% of the people here arent dumb enough to believe they were all filming together and commentating live

But why would they fly everyone to queenland to film something that doesnt require them to be on location? They are commentating as the event happens.

Michael lives and works in Adelaide and its faster to get hime ADL to SYD and back again that it would be to QLD. Having them all in Sydney makes much more sense financially and logistically.

And what was the point in having Shelly walk in on the boys?? 50% of the people here arent dumb enough to believe they were all filming together and commentating live

You might need to watch the Behind the Scenes video that hit the net the night before the first Showdown.

A lot of people feel this was Alex's way of telling us that we're wrong about how we think "Showdown" is filmed as last week the general consensus was Mike and Michael were at Dreamworld and Shelley was in Sydney, but now we know that's not the case.

Back