Skip to main content

David Appreciation Thread

It does! It seems everyone has some kind of connection to it. Two of my grandparents lived at Umina Beach. That's actually the one I was remembering was difficult to get into. Not Terrigal haha.
I love Umina Beach, that was our yearly holiday destination when I was a kid. I spent a weekend there earlier this year and I saw that it hadn't changed a bit! Loved it.

Driving up from Sydney - 2 P-platers, each with a car load.

EWW! I understand your concern there, not because they are necessarily bad drivers but because of other arsehats on the road.

Are you being stealth mum for the trip up? (I know I would be..lol)

EWW! I understand your concern there, not because they are necessarily bad drivers but because of other arsehats on the road.

Are you being stealth mum for the trip up? (I know I would be..lol)

Haha - no. I'll be at work, probably sending multiple texts about unimportant things just so I know he is ok when he replies lol.

Oldest daughter has travelled overseas a lot, and younger daughter is currently living and studying in the US (actually she is at Harry Potter World in Florida at the moment, fulfilling her biggest desire - not studying at all!), so I've learnt to step back and try to keep the 'mum worry' under control.

Haha - no. I'll be at work, probably sending multiple texts about unimportant things just so I know he is ok when he replies lol.

Oldest daughter has travelled overseas a lot, and younger daughter is currently living and studying in the US (actually she is at Harry Potter World in Florida at the moment, fulfilling her biggest desire - not studying at all!), so I've learnt to step back and try to keep the 'mum worry' under control.

Crap, my idea of stealth mum is sending a shit tonne of unimportant texts.:beaver:

I know what you mean though as my eldest has been a traveller on her lonesome. I will not mention to either of my girls of your daughter being at Harry Potter World right now- the cyber stink eye could result in Armageddon . (they are heading to SUPANOVA this weekend)

It's right and ok to worry but it's cool to know you have raised kids well, to KNOW that when it comes down to it, they are mature enough to "set free". ;)

This made me laugh!

kTynaUg.jpg

Yeah, I love Terrigal too. The only problem is that it's a bit of a bitch to get in and out of. That might just be me though :hilarious:

I actually went on a Contiki after year 12 instead of Schoolies (mum was so worried about my brother and I going on schoolies she paid for us both to go on tours to Europe instead). I'm so happy she did though. I think I probably ended up having a lot more fun (and ironically got in much more trouble) than I would have on the GC anyway. I went on another one when I was 19-20 and it was just as fun/crazy :)
They're so fun! I've made some friends for life on them. I did a five week one across America and then I did one around Europe. I miss them but I don't think I could do another one. You need a holiday to recover from them lol.

next time I'll be racking your brains to get your opinion on where to stay... ;)

I've spent a lot of time on the central coast. Love it.

Yeah a bit. Most locals avoid terrigal anyway - especially in holidays. We have heaps of nice beaches on the coast!

Wow, feeling the love for the Central Coast. I was born and raised in Terrigal, there are a lot nicer beaches and areas than Terrigal in my opinion like @bleachy_dude said. North Avoca and Killcare beaches are probably my favourite :)

Wow, feeling the love for the Central Coast. I was born and raised in Terrigal, there are a lot nicer beaches and areas than Terrigal in my opinion like @bleachy_dude said. North Avoca and Killcare beaches are probably my favourite :)
My brother, nephew and niece are lifesavers at The Entrance beach so since it is really the only beach I visit when up the Coast it's my favourite.

Last edited:
I loved that interview.

I had a total David stan moment today - I was getting scans done on my leg and I was thinking 'I wonder if they know David?'. Lol.

And this is why I think he is amazing:

David Hodis ‏@RealLifeDave 9m9 minutes ago
Thoughts go out to @PJHughes45 and his family. May you find strength in each other. You're in great hands at St Vinnies. #staystrong

If any of you don't know, Phil Hughes is an Australian cricketer who got hit in the head with a bouncer today and had surgery, and now is in ICU.

Back