Skip to main content

Construction starts on new house in Sydney Olympic Park

Even if the outdoor set is safer than it looks it doesn't look good enough for any overhead shots on TV - they're going to have to do them from very close in to avoid the fence being shown or more likely have a bit of fakery to make the garden at least look somewhat "VIP", just as the old house was supposedly cut into a cliffside.

There doesn't even look to be a second boundary around it.

As with any set, it only has to look good on camera.

If they intend on doing aerials/exterior shots, they'll likely paint the back of the facades black or hang camo netting to blend it a bit better.

Look if they got Aerial shots of the big white tent and just called it “The Big Brother Vaccination Hub” it could be camp

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they just used the overhead shots from the last two seasons, but just avoid ones where the backyard can be seen - and only film evicted housemates walking out so only the eye can be seen. Also the VIP eye would be horribly edited onto the side of house from the old aerial shots.

Set your expectations as low as they can go, then you can't be disappointed. Is how I've been going into the show since the Seven-era began. 😂

Exactly.
Set your expectations lower than a snakes arsehole, and Seven will still find a way to disappoint you even more.

I remember when the MKR “kitchen” was just drone shots of 7’s old offices in sydney with a botched MKR superimposed on top of the building,

Seems the production value over at 7 is still piss poor 💀

And yet, SEVEN will spend money re-creating end credits of nearly every show they play. Just another reason I gave up on commercial FTA

*SIGH*

Any end credits, of shows that I KNOW have longer credits are cut to just the last few seconds, showing just the production company and commissioning entity / copyright notice etc.

Other times they re-do all the credit titles, in their own font of choice, squashed into the bottom fifth of the screen, with an ad for one of their own programs in the upper four fifths.

Not to mention 52 minute shows get hacked down to the "new" normal - what is it now - 44 minutes ?

Not sure how to explain it any differently. 🤔

*SIGH*

Any end credits, of shows that I KNOW have longer credits are cut to just the last few seconds, showing just the production company and commissioning entity / copyright notice etc.

Other times they re-do all the credit titles, in their own font of choice, squashed into the bottom fifth of the screen, with an ad for one of their own programs in the upper four fifths.

Not to mention 52 minute shows get hacked down to the "new" normal - what is it now - 44 minutes ?

Not sure how to explain it any differently. 🤔

The nerve of them!

Is the new season of Big Brother - Back To The Future being filmed at Olympic Park or is it at another new location?

I wouldn't completely bet against them moving on straight after it. Presumably it's only become available due to lockdowns preventing it's usual calendar of events and I suspect Seven hired it out for six months to film VIP and their third season, and will either look for something more permanent after or vacate and hire it, or somewhere similar, out for six months at the end of next year to do the same again.

I wouldn't completely bet against them moving on straight after it. Presumably it's only become available due to lockdowns preventing it's usual calendar of events and I suspect Seven hired it out for six months to film VIP and their third season, and will either look for something more permanent after or vacate and hire it, or somewhere similar, out for six months at the end of next year to do the same again.
Back when we found out about Olympic the Development Application referred to four seasons, so they must have locked in two years:

The application seems to suggest 4 season as well? Maybe they are setting up for the future to have Audience on site seeing as it can handle large crowds (for finale / launch) and to make money / an attraction of the house again post season?

Shots of the yard for Back to the future

Wonder how far away the shipping container arena is? It looks like a deserted Olympics event arena, with the red bleachers at one end and more seating on the right. Wherever it is, they have to travel by van to get to it.

Back