Skip to main content

Construction starts on new house in Sydney Olympic Park

But still cheap and ugly.

interesting! I would imagine the rounded edges would be the camera run considering the lower roof clearance
Do they even use camera runs any more? I think they'd just use those sides for staff access, and for smuggling "evicted" HMs to and fro to secret rooms and maybe a rewards apartment or something.

I haven't focused on the dimensions but it looks big inside, bigger than the North Head shed? I'm feeling lazy.

Do they even use camera runs any more? I think they'd just use those sides for staff access, and for smuggling "evicted" HMs to and fro to secret rooms and maybe a rewards apartment or something.

I haven't focused on the dimensions but it looks big inside, bigger than the North Head shed? I'm feeling lazy.
They do still use them yeah.
Doesnā€™t appear they will in the yard though. Looks like good ole ply walls

I just pictured them showing the evicted housemates sitting at the stop reflecting on the eviction before getting onto a bus that pulls up and then drives off into the distance. šŸ˜„
Seven are so cheap they probably would.

There seems to be very little changed in the layout of the "backyard" from their last effort. A pool in a raised deck at the back wall - how creative. :rolleyes:

First of all, how dare you.

Second of all, thatā€™s perfect for the ghetto Iā€™m a Celeb experience
I agreeā€¦ Itā€™s time to let Dreamworld go.

Even if they wanted to the show likely canā€™t return to Dreamworld. Dreamworld no longer own the land where the original house was built, it was sold to a developer prior to the 2012 revival.

Also after what happened a few years ago with the abandoned house itā€™s unlikely the land owner would even allow a return.

Lastly the show needed to move onā€¦ The show isnā€™t as popular as it once was, itā€™s no longer live, and neither Dreamworld nor the show really benefit from the relationship anymore.

The only legitimate reason the show would consider or benefit from a return is nostalgia.

What a setup it was there though, i understand the hope for it to go back there. I feel lucky that I got to experience those years watching through highschool. The iconic housemates experiencing something so unique and crazy at the same time as us, the nominations tension, the big build up to the weekly eviction and the atmosphere of the crowd with Gretel front and centre, crossing housemates off one by one on the giant eviction poster we kept on the fridge lol, the awesome prizes each evictee got. Even the up late episodes felt like event television. Not sure anything else ever can or will replicate the energy and excitement that those seasons of BBAU brought.

Last edited:
First of all, how dare you.

Second of all, thatā€™s perfect for the ghetto Iā€™m a Celeb experience
Haha yes perfectly ghetto which is exactly my point for a shiny new modern concept. It wonā€™t work. Honestly though, why would a production company based in a large city like Sydney uproot everything to build a house in Queensland? I get the nostalgia but stop commenting about Dreamworld, the demographic from back then has grown up. Let it gooooo, let it goooo.

Haha yes perfectly ghetto which is exactly my point for a shiny new modern concept. It wonā€™t work. Honestly though, why would a production company based in a large city like Sydney uproot everything to build a house in Queensland? I get the nostalgia but stop commenting about Dreamworld, the demographic from back then has grown up. Let it gooooo, let it goooo.
Ha, bah humbug. In all honesty though, and location/production issues aside, the main reason why I want it back is because of space reasons. Rewatching the older seasons, the houseguests have so much more room to run around compared to the last house, which felt almost claustrophobic at times. Complaints about being from the 2000s can be easily rectified with renovations, and tbh I do think most of the 9 era house looked more modern than the reboot.

Iā€™m hoping the new compound ends up looking good on the inside, but also not really expecting much from scoping the out.

Last edited:
Of course it won't be, but wouldn't be surprised if they use stock footage of crowd shots to try and make out it is.

How heavy is traffic in the area?

The White Pavilion is typically where the pat a sheep type thing is held during the Easter Show.

I wasnt aware that the big brother house was moving there but the location has been pretty busy since I cycle in the area.

Noticed a security guy at the gate recently but surprised on the location as its very close to the street.

Back