Skip to main content

CLICK FRENZY -20/11/12, 1st Oz Net Sale

I may have to have a couple of ciders to calm me down.

Good idea, medicinal purposes only. I just went into bookstore using the list murf posted, nothing there that took my fancy. Don't think I can go the long way round to browse. Sunday shopping with #1 it will be.

Interesting - Bevilles add doesn't say that sucker phrase - until stocks last (scummy shops usually only have 1)- just available 24 hours online only.......

So, maybe this is going to be a good one not a rip off, relax 24hrs - probably good shopping at 3am

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

hahaha, ok the DJ site just goes round and round and doesn't load for me. The Myer site not too bad. [MENTION=29803]mutleyp[/MENTION], I got you Power Rangers & Justin Bieber fragrance (big reduction on that one, who'd have thought it?).

hahaha, ok the DJ site just goes round and round and doesn't load for me. The Myer site not too bad. [MENTION=29803]mutleyp[/MENTION], I got you Power Rangers & Justin Bieber fragrance (big reduction on that one, who'd have thought it?).

Hahaha nice I needed more insect repellent

IT WAS supposed to be "the sale that stopped the nation". Instead, it was the sale that crashed the internet.
National sales event Click Frenzy opened for business at 7pm AEDST and its host website crashed moments after it began.
The failure to launch denied registered shoppers details of the discounts on offer, forcing them to visit the websites of participating retailers.
But the organiser's website wasn't the only page to fall victim to Click Frenzy's overwhelming popularity.
Many websites from participating retailers were unreachable before or shortly after the sale opened, crushed by the number of requests.
Priceline's website became unavailable minutes before the event began, and Myer's website was showing an "Error 503" message instead of discounted goods within the opening 10 minutes of the event.
Other Click Frenzy victims included major electronics retailer Bing Lee.
Even online retailers failed to survive the shopping stampede. Kogan.com.au fell victim to a "bad gateway" due to too many visitors, the Recreate Yourself website disappeared, and Mwave.com.au, which promised technology bargains, also failed to load.
Some websites barely survived the visitor onslaught. A bare-bones version of Dick Smith's website loaded to early visitors willing to wait for it, only to recover later.
Some withstood the shopping rush, however, including Sportscraft, Target, Ted's Cameras and Toys `R Us.
Click Frenzy discounts were not apparent on every participating website, however, and some required codes to be entered as shoppers checked out of sites, which were not readily available.
Warnings of increased traffic had sounded out well ahead of Click Frenzy's 7pm AEDST kick-off.
Department store chain David Jones hosted a copycat event, dubbed Christmas Frenzy, that crashed its website earlier in the day.
Click Frenzy also began trending on Twitter throughout Australia late today, though many tweets were not positive as websites began to crash.
Event organisers were not immediately available for comment.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/b...ch/story-fn5lic6c-1226520660974#ixzz2CkpPrveh

Myers have anything good?

Dealsdirect site is working

I am mostly looking for books, they had some not bad prices.
Just checked dealsdirect, I want a Lay-Z spa ($399 down fro $899), but would probably end up full of household pets.

What a croc of shit. That always was gonna happen.

Yep, I am over it. Going to individual sites and having them all go slow. A shame.
lol just heard commentator on TV say that someone should have realised they would need more than a Commodore 64 to host a sale like this.

Dick Smith is working

Well, thought it might go like this.....all crashy, shame as there do seem to be real bargains, still many hours left if they get sorted out a bit.

Retailers have paid between 2k and 30k to be a part of this. They've been scammed. What an epic fail. But retailers themselves have hurt themselves by offering shit and not anything good and not at discounted prices. This is NOTHING like cyber monday in the states. It sucks donkey dick.

Someone just found jeans 40% off and went to buy, had to join, joined, went to buy jeans gone up by 20%.

The actual Click Frenzy site is finally working for me now!

Edit: Ok not exactly, I can get to the site but when I click on a deal it says Frenzy Overload

I keep getting server too busy. What a fuck up, how could they not figure that out ahead of time? Cowie did :)

Back