Skip to main content

Civilian Big brother UK 2018

One of Cameron's youtube videos
What a cheeky shit 😂😂😂

I actually agree with many of his points. I do thank the feminists before me who fought tirelessly for equality. But I do think the battle for equal rights has been won in the West.

From what some of my gay friends have shared with me, it sounds like coming to terms with their sexuality is hardest in those late teen years.

I struggled in to my early 20's... I still kind of do on some levels at 34...

What a cheeky shit 😂😂😂

I actually agree with many of his points. I do thank the feminists before me who fought tirelessly for equality. But I do think the battle for equal rights has been won in the West.

I disagree... We have equal rights by law but not always in practice... We also have a massive conservative movement bent on regressivism... Trying to dial back some of the societal progress we've made... I mean Brett Kavanaugh was just confirmed to the US Supreme Court for goodness sake!!

I disagree... We have equal rights by law but not always in practice... We also have a massive conservative movement bent on regressivism... Trying to dial back some of the societal progress we've made... I mean Brett Kavanaugh was just confirmed to the US Supreme Court for goodness sake!!
I’m not entirely sure how “massive” that conservative movement you speak of is. In my experience there has always been that minority Handmaid Tale type voter. I think there has been a great move towards equality in the West in the last 10 years. I’m not suggesting there aren’t many sides when it comes to what changes would best serve our future, but for right now I think women have never been more equal in the West.

To touch on Brett Kavanaugh, and I am by no means an expert on who he is and what he has done, but I do believe you need to prove guilt, not simply assume it based on what someone says. Take cbb Roxy as a case point. She 100% believed she was physically assaulted. Doesn’t make it true, just means that is what she felt and believed happened.

I struggled in to my early 20's... I still kind of do on some levels at 34...
😢😢😢

I am still friends with Mutley and he was sledged only a few months ago by a stranger for simply walking down the street, living his life with the man he loves.

I just can’t even imagine the daily battles you have endured. Makes me so sad
😘😘😘

I’m not entirely sure how “massive” that conservative movement you speak of is. In my experience there has always been that minority Handmaid Tale type voter. I think there has been a great move towards equality in the West in the last 10 years. I’m not suggesting there aren’t many sides when it comes to what changes would best serve our future, but for right now I think women have never been more equal in the West.

To touch on Brett Kavanaugh, and I am by no means an expert on who he is and what he has done, but I do believe you need to prove guilt, not simply assume it based on what someone says. Take cbb Roxy as a case point. She 100% believed she was physically assaulted. Doesn’t make it true, just means that is what she felt and believed happened.

The movement I'm speaking about may not be massive by shear numbers but their ability to mobilize when it comes time to vote candidates that support them is extremely powerful... I can think of a handful of extreme right-wing victories that have been won in just the last few years...

As for Kavanaugh... I didn't trust the guy for a number of reasons well before the sexual assault allegations came out... IMO he was never a good fit and the allegations and resulting investigation were just the icing on the cake... Also due the fact that the scope of the FBI investigation was extremely limited we may never know if he is or isn't guilty...

😢😢😢

I am still friends with Mutley and he was sledged only a few months ago by a stranger for simply walking down the street, living his life with the man he loves.

I just can’t even imagine the daily battles you have endured. Makes me so sad
😘😘😘

That's extremely sad... I'm lucky that in my adult life I haven't really had to face anything like that... My struggles have been more internal and coming to grips with being gay/out/etc...

I can barely justify it but I get the feeling the whole of Cameron is one big act. Like he has pre planned his entire narrative prior to the show starting. There is something not right about Cameron. He has played his coming out brilliantly as far as the show goes. He has the housemates fawning over him and the public are in raptures. Imagine if was just a very smart kid with a plan. Never say never.

Crikey what a jerk that Lewis is. Get him out.

Great task, the China trip. Well done producers. See ya Isaac you let the game get to you, You should of just relaxed you might of gone further.

Funny you should say that. that 'coming out' scene looked a little bit too scripted for me. Maybe he came out without being gay?

Regarding his planned narrative, that wouldn't surprise me either. He may be the most calculating HM in there atm. He sits there brooding all of the time. His eyes hardly moving, his face motionless, he is focusing on his game plan.

There is nothing wrong with having a game plan and seeing it through. It depends though HOW you do it. Cameron is quite happy to miss out on possible friendships and has no qualm to hurt others who appear weaker than he is, see Kay.

Isaac out : Good riddance.

First impression of the newcomers : Still processing, not available yet.

Are they still called intruders? Intruders used to be good, they were supposed to stir the pot a bit and bring new life and above all, make the resident HMs feel insecure and turn them into nasty little animals.
It used to work perfectly in the past.

But somehow I'm getting the feeling that this time the visiting house guests have only been put there to fill that gaping hole that now has become apparent.

The producers don't seem to want any more excitement which could easily derail their plans as to who the winner will be. This has become like a children's show: Y'all behave nicely and big Daddy will give you booze and cake.

Isabella, from the little I saw, seems nice enough, probably pleasant to hang out with but fighting and arguing? NEVER! She'll be the first one to be evicted (voted out) because she ignorantly alluded that she had a sexy or hot or something along those lines, ass.
This doesn't sit well with the conservative voting sisterhood, she's a goner already.

Hussain? In his sunglasses and immaculately manicured beard - is he a model? Or maybe some minor celebrity? I can't see him to get involved in any way, so what the hell is he doing here in the first place?

I hope I'm wrong about all of this, but I have a bad feeling I might be right lol

One of Cameron's youtube videos

His true colours! How revealing.

One of the comments on Youtube re this video:

Hysterical ranting of a kid who is desperate for subscribers so picks an emotive subject and goes all out controversial because he’s overheard the older lads trying to look all current and intellectual. Hopefully you’ve emotionally matured a little over the last couple of years.

Firstly I have no idea where they live, I am merely surmising from the way they behave. What next? Will it be deemed inappropriate to say that Cian is from Ireland or Northern Ireland because his accent sounds Irish to me?

While I don't really want to take this thread off the topic of BBUK, I feel there needs to be some clarification here.

There is a difference between saying someone is from X country (or X town in Y country) and saying they are from 'the bad part' of X country and then using that to justify how you perceive someone to act. Perhaps this wasn't your intent, but that is how I interpreted it. Let's say you've watched an imaginary 'Joe Bloggs' do something you dislike and you think they are a bad person because of this. That's an opinion you've made based on what you've seen and would be absolutely fine to discuss. But to then say something like 'Joe Bloggs must be from the bad part of town' because of their actions ... this is where it becomes discrimination. It could be construed that what you're really suggesting is that anyone who lives in the same locality as Joe Bloggs is going to be a bad person too. You could replace 'bad person' with 'alcoholic' - is everyone on Joe Bloggs' street an alcoholic because you've seen Joe down at the bar regularly getting drunk? No. You could substitute locality with another common attribute such as gender, cultural background, etc ... but it is still a form of discrimination.

I'm not actively following this BBUK season at the moment and don't know much about the current UK housemates or house events. Even so, I think the unedited post went too far and so it was toned down. This isn't a heavily moderated forum but, when necessary, action will be taken. I think most people here appreciate this 'only when required' approach but also understand that some comments just don't belong on this forum.

While I don't really want to take this thread off the topic of BBUK, I feel there needs to be some clarification here.

There is a difference between saying someone is from X country (or X town in Y country) and saying they are from 'the bad part' of X country and then using that to justify how you perceive someone to act. Perhaps this wasn't your intent, but that is how I interpreted it. Let's say you've watched an imaginary 'Joe Bloggs' do something you dislike and you think they are a bad person because of this. That's an opinion you've made based on what you've seen and would be absolutely fine to discuss. But to then say something like 'Joe Bloggs must be from the bad part of town' because of their actions ... this is where it becomes discrimination. It could be construed that what you're really suggesting is that anyone who lives in the same locality as Joe Bloggs is going to be a bad person too. You could replace 'bad person' with 'alcoholic' - is everyone on Joe Bloggs' street an alcoholic because you've seen Joe down at the bar regularly getting drunk? No. You could substitute locality with another common attribute such as gender, cultural background, etc ... but it is still a form of discrimination.

I'm not actively following this BBUK season at the moment and don't know much about the current UK housemates or house events. Even so, I think the unedited post went too far and so it was toned down. This isn't a heavily moderated forum but, when necessary, action will be taken. I think most people here appreciate this 'only when required' approach but also understand that some comments just don't belong on this forum.

Fuck this "labeling" shit and let's call it exactly what it was... RACIST!!!

"The bad part of town" = Ghetto... Calling two people of colour in the house ghetto is racist... Also implying people of colour have a tendency to want to be "ghetto" and fight is also racist...

Reactions: Tee
Wow! I’ve really been on the fence about this series... Up until recently it felt decent and a refreshing change but not GREAT... The last two episodes have been amazing!!! They’ve completely changed my outlook of the series so far...

Reactions: Tee
Cian has slipped down my list of favs in the last two days... He’s going to drive me insane if he keeps up his attention seeking... His rant about Lewis coming to talk to him about Cameron was a bit out of line... IMO his immaturity really started to shine through...

I absolutely adore Tomasz... Underneath the gameplayer is a kind, caring, and humble guy who just wants to be loved... My heart melts at how appreciative his is when people do nice things for him...

That aside Zoe is my winner... I love how honest and straight forward she is... The fact that she’s able to be both those things without coming across as a bitch is admirable...

I’m enjoying seeing a bit of a change in Lewis... Although he still bitches and moans he really seems to be coming out of his shell... IMO he is kind of like a male version of Nikki Grahme...

I like the new housemate Isabella but that Hassein guy....💩

While I like her Isabella knows she needs to fit in to survive... I think it's natural but can't help but feel like she's sucking up a bit... Hussain could be interesting... I won't hate him just yet...

I like the new housemate Isabella but that Hassein guy....💩

That said kind of funny to watch my first impressions come true... Isabella still reminds me of a posher and maybe more mature version of Josie... Hussain is very much a Lewis G... To the point where other HM's have compared him... That said I think Hussian is less of a pratt...

what was it Tomaz said " Like Lewis G but a shit version" ...or something along those lines.

Back