Skip to main content

Civilian Big brother UK 2018

The shopping task was more like a holiday, and still they were complaining.
Sian owned her role as a flight attendant, the blob with the unhealthy interest in nasal passages looked like a sideshow and Zoe, well, early morning flight with RyanAir after a night of heavy partying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had enough of Lewis F. It’s a joke that he is one of the favourites to win when all he does is be negative and whinge.
Omg same!

He turns absolutely everything into self help chapter!

I think we all know a Lewis, you know that person that has the ability to make any situation an opportunity to bore us with his in-depth interpretation.

Me: fuck I’m thirsty

Lewis type friend: how can you be fooking thirsty when all around you we have fluid sources, like how man? I would understand that statement if you lived in fooking Syria where children are slaughtered in their beds, where there is no running water, but look there man, look there, look there! Fooking taps, fooking bathroom tap, fooking toilet bowl, just drink it!

Me: calm down Lewis type friend, I only stated I’m thirsty

Lewis type friend: you don’t get to fooking tell me what I feel, you don’t get to do that! These are MY fooking feelings and I have a right to share them! I’m fooking sick to death of people like you. You think thirst is all about you, you think I give a fook if you are thirsty? Fook you man! *storms out*

Me: *gets up and gets a drink*

Me too... In a way I agree with you and I think Cian was trying for a bit of the spotlight... I'm also a bit upset that he's outed Cameron... That said ignorance is bliss... I don't think Cian had any issues coming out and might not realize how scary it can be... Especially if you aren't that comfortable with it in the first place... (speaking from experience here)

That said I kind of feel that Cameron is milking this "secret" a bit... I mean he says he's worried about how people on the outside will react to finding out especially because he hasn't talked to them about it... However it's been pretty obvious what he's been talking about the entire time... So if they didn't already know I'm sure they do now... Also from what we've been shown he's the one who brought it up...
I’m not sure about Cameron milking it. I am unsure if he is a brilliant actor, or if he is just a kid struggling with identity. I have got the impression that he is not as aware of cameras in certain areas. It’s like he has forgotten that EVERY conversation is watched. I remember one of the housemates talking about Akeem and stating as soon as the camera is “on” him he performs, or something along those lines, sometimes I think unless the camera is in their face, some of the housemates genuinely forget.

I’m not sure about Cameron milking it. I am unsure if he is a brilliant actor, or if he is just a kid struggling with identity. I have got the impression that he is not as aware of cameras in certain areas. It’s like he has forgotten that EVERY conversation is watched. I remember one of the housemates talking about Akeem and stating as soon as the camera is “on” him he performs, or something along those lines, sometimes I think unless the camera is in their face, some of the housemates genuinely forget.

He’s part of the “over thinkers” club so I doubt he’s forgotten about the cameras... If anything he’s a little too focused on them...

He’s part of the “over thinkers” club so I doubt he’s forgotten about the cameras... If anything he’s a little too focused on them...
Penny finally dropped! He fully reminds me of Karl Pinkerton!

I agree in parts. While I think he is a total over thinker, I don’t think he is at all focussed on the cameras.

Can’t wait to share my thoughts of today’s ep without the fear of being a spoiler!

My favourite list has even changed!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ Ep.

P.s. who is Josie Gibson?

Dystopia,

Your message (Civilian Big brother UK 2018) contains inappropriate content:
"The two HM from the bad part of town with the big egos..."
Labelling housemates (or anyone, really) in this way based on factors like where they live comes across as discriminatory ... please use discretion when posting in the future. Thanks.

Your message may have been removed or altered. Further inappropriate content may result in more serious consequences.

This conversation is closed for new replies.

Wtf? Firstly I have no idea where they live, I am merely surmising from the way they behave. What next? Will it be deemed inappropriate to say that Cian is from Ireland or Northern Ireland because his accent sounds Irish to me?

So, no factors on my side. I don't research the housemates in any way through other media, that includes Twitter and Facebook. I form my opinions solely on what is presented to me in the Daily Highlights Show.

Regarding labelling' - this is just such a convenient word to excuse the stifling of Free Speech these days. We NEED labels, because without labels there is no distinction between right and wrong, or male and female, hot, cold... need I continue? Our language could not exist without labels. As people, we all are being labelled beginning from the day we are born. A naughty child, an obedient child etc...
Now, as adults, superiors label their employees as competent, incompetent, less competent hardly competent, a waste of time, an asset to the company... is this just happening in my dreams or is it actually reality?

It's peculiar how we still struggle with the term 'discrimination'. The word has a negative connotation but only because of habit, because of laziness and convenience. In itself, 'discrimination' means distinction - nothing more, nothing less. We NEED to discriminate many times every day. Without discriminating we cannot make decisions, we are unable to make a choice.

Even the Buddha knew that.

So why am I writing all this down? It is because I'd like to have it spelled out just what kind of terminology is acceptable on this board, in order not to 'offend' someone and to be more 'discreet' and thus not create further inappropriate content.

Fair request, I should think.

Dystopia,

Your message (Civilian Big brother UK 2018) contains inappropriate content:
"The two HM from the bad part of town with the big egos..."
Labelling housemates (or anyone, really) in this way based on factors like where they live comes across as discriminatory ... please use discretion when posting in the future. Thanks.

Your message may have been removed or altered. Further inappropriate content may result in more serious consequences.

This conversation is closed for new replies.

Wtf? Firstly I have no idea where they live, I am merely surmising from the way they behave. What next? Will it be deemed inappropriate to say that Cian is from Ireland or Northern Ireland because his accent sounds Irish to me?

So, no factors on my side. I don't research the housemates in any way through other media, that includes Twitter and Facebook. I form my opinions solely on what is presented to me in the Daily Highlights Show.

Regarding labelling' - this is just such a convenient word to excuse the stifling of Free Speech these days. We NEED labels, because without labels there is no distinction between right and wrong, or male and female, hot, cold... need I continue? Our language could not exist without labels. As people, we all are being labelled beginning from the day we are born. A naughty child, an obedient child etc...
Now, as adults, superiors label their employees as competent, incompetent, less competent hardly competent, a waste of time, an asset to the company... is this just happening in my dreams or is it actually reality?

It's peculiar how we still struggle with the term 'discrimination'. The word has a negative connotation but only because of habit, because of laziness and convenience. In itself, 'discrimination' means distinction - nothing more, nothing less. We NEED to discriminate many times every day. Without discriminating we cannot make decisions, we are unable to make a choice.

Even the Buddha knew that.

So why am I writing all this down? It is because I'd like to have it spelled out just what kind of terminology is acceptable on this board, in order not to 'offend' someone and to be more 'discreet' and thus not create further inappropriate content.

Ironically, this little love letter was in my Inbox under the label Conversations. Yet, I am prevented from replying. So I must ask, why is a monologue labelled Conversation?

Ironically, this little love letter was in my Inbox under the label Conversations. Yet, I am prevented from replying. So I must ask, why is a monologue labelled Conversation?

What they’re trying to tell you is that your arguments don’t matter... Mods have the right to censor you in whatever manner they see fit. If you have a problem with it don’t let the door hit you on your way out... You won’t be missed...

This little war you’re waging on political correctness is NOT productive nor is this an acceptable venue for it...

I can barely justify it but I get the feeling the whole of Cameron is one big act. Like he has pre planned his entire narrative prior to the show starting. There is something not right about Cameron. He has played his coming out brilliantly as far as the show goes. He has the housemates fawning over him and the public are in raptures. Imagine if was just a very smart kid with a plan. Never say never.

Crikey what a jerk that Lewis is. Get him out.

Great task, the China trip. Well done producers. See ya Isaac you let the game get to you, You should of just relaxed you might of gone further.

I can barely justify it but I get the feeling the whole of Cameron is one big act. Like he has pre planned his entire narrative prior to the show starting. There is something not right about Cameron. He has played his coming out brilliantly as far as the show goes. He has the housemates fawning over him and the public are in raptures. Imagine if was just a very smart kid with a plan. Never say never.

Great task, the China trip. Well done producers. See ya Isaac you let the game get to you, You should of just relaxed you might of gone further.

Wouldn't be surprised as he is a huge fan of BB. He probably wanted to milk it more but Cian telling him that he had a crush on him forced him to come out as gay earlier than planned.

I am calling it now both him and Tomasz will be in the final. Would not even be surprised if they ended up as the top 2 housemates.

I think when you try to hide discriminatory racist/sexist comments behind the guise of “labelling” that’s when your comments become a problem.

I think the moderator used a poor choice of words. I personally don’t think you were labelling. I think your comment was based on skin colour and that to me is racist.

You hold ignorant views regarding the word discrimination because you have obviously never been truly impacted. You are using the word discrimination in a throw away sense. Ask some of our female, gay and lesbian members, our trans members, our black, brown and Asian posters if they feel we NEED to discriminates you suggested. I think the response would be a resounding no. You say without discrimination we cannot make decisions, and that we are unable to make choice and to that I say bullshit 💯

Personally I would rather you weren’t reported and censored here. While I agree you should have the right of free speech, you should also listen to the responses. Sometimes the greatest lessons in life come when we realise what we believe to be true isn’t true at all.

I will be DEVASTED if it is an act!

I agree that there is something a bit off about Cameron. He is only 18, and when I think back to my teens I seriously didn’t know the difference between shit and chocolate. I find him endearing and I am really enjoying getting to know him. I think on the whole he is a nice kid. From what some of my gay friends have shared with me, it sounds like coming to terms with their sexuality is hardest in those late teen years.

Don’t even get me started on fooking Lewis! 😂😂😂

I also get that feeling,can't stand him,Tomaz or Lewis

Back