Skip to main content

Celebrity BBUSA confirmed for Winter 2018

Interesting it'll air on 9Go - if it's true (Google brings up nothing!). Remember Endemol not CBS own the format so CBS's ownership of Ten means nothing. Indeed Endemol is now owned by Fox, who cut ties with Ten, and are themselves about to be owned by Disney.

More photos been released today - new gym upstairs, pool table on the balcony -all because the backyard has been significantly reduced in size to include just a hot tub, laundry area and seating area, in order to create a separate task area, allowing producers to rig comps (no, not in that way!) almost continually due to the increased pace of the show. The celebs move in tomorrow, a week ahead of the premiere.

CBS own the broadcast rights to BBUS... They are the ones selling the right to air BB on to another network NOT Endemol Shine... I'm thinking that perhaps the sale to Nine might have had to do with I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! airing at the same time... It's likely Channel 10 didn't want a conflict between the two shows airing at the same time on the same network...

Interesting they've gone the route that they've gone with the back yard... No doubts though that they'll still have the house on lockdown while competitions are being set up...

Wow I’m surprised that it’s airing on Nine and not Channel 10 considering it’s owned by CBS...

Was watching go on Monday night and they showed the promo - they said it was coming February 14th?? I think not sure

okay i know this is gonna sound so stupid, but i just recorded the ad on 9Go! and don't know how to go about posting it on here lmao.
if that's something you guys wanna see.

alright y'all, i literally made an extra youtube account just to post it.
you're welcome.

also, i love how they use the 2014 australian big brother theme song in the ad....

What better way to advertise BBUSA than with a collection of BBUK logos.

Will be interesting to see how it does - obviously a different format to what Aussies are used too so if it did take off (and I don't think it will) and lead to an Aussie revival I wonder whether they'd go down the US rule route, or more likely just decide it's the "celebrity" aspect that appeals.

What better way to advertise BBUSA than with a collection of BBUK logos.

Will be interesting to see how it does - obviously a different format to what Aussies are used too so if it did take off (and I don't think it will) and lead to an Aussie revival I wonder whether they'd go down the US rule route, or more likely just decide it's the "celebrity" aspect that appeals.

If this was airing on Ten I think they'd be testing the waters for a BBUS style revival... But it's airing on 9Go and I really think it speaks more to wanting to provide some counter programing during the the Olympics and I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! than it does for any sort of legit revival intentions on their behalf...

The show is also airing on 9Go if a few hundred viewers watch it they will have made their money back... I do think the will find a few loyal viewers...

obviously a different format to what Aussies are used too so if it did take off (and I don't think it will)

I do believe there is opportunity for a BBUS style format to work for Australian audiences... It's just got to be altered in such a way that it's a blending of the two formats rather than a stark changed... Stripping the show will help include more socialized story-lines rather than game driven dynamics... Public voting that makes the viewers at home engaged in 'playing' the game... Overall great casting... And undoubtedly the live feed must be an element...

I have no qualms about the format working as it's really not as most of the ideas behind the format are really that foreign to then it just has to be done in a way that they can understand and adapt to...

Last edited:
Hey there!!

Of course I am watching. I love it so far. I have watched all the episodes on the app so I am up to date with the USA. :D
Hello you!

I am hoping to binge tonight while my partner watches the olympics or commenwealth games or what ever sport is playing.

Happy Valentine’s Day :kiss:

Back