Skip to main content

Big Brother US 2015: #BBTakeover premieres Jun 24th

Anyway...

Saw this today and lol'd.

Rsf37dN.jpg

bM8Z1mg.jpg

Sq7mpDQ.jpg

x7pFWyo.jpg

Austin continues to get weirder - he was continually leaning off the wall so he could look at Julia (he thought she was Liz) and is why his arms gave out so early... lol.

Austin continues to get weirder - he was continually leaning off the wall so he could look at Julia (he thought she was Liz) and is why his arms gave out so early... lol.
he's just so creepy and desperate. and apparently he has a gf on the outside??!?
also why does Shelli always sound like she's about to cry in the diary room

Been watching the feeds for the past four hours. It's been mostly Steve/Jason/Becky (and at one point Meg) shooting shit, talking about who would be America's Fave; what will/won't get shown on the show; what song they want played as a wake-up, Jason and Steve discussing playing chess.

Nothing driving the plot, but it's kinda cool to watch in a voyeuristic sense. I was too young to follow the feeds when they were available for BB Aus; so I don't know if they're better in the US than they were for Aus, but it's kinda cool to see the HGs in their downtime in a non-competitive sense.

Been watching the feeds for the past four hours. It's been mostly Steve/Jason/Becky (and at one point Meg) shooting shit, talking about who would be America's Fave; what will/won't get shown on the show; what song they want played as a wake-up, Jason and Steve discussing playing chess.

Nothing driving the plot, but it's kinda cool to watch in a voyeuristic sense. I was too young to follow the feeds when they were available for BB Aus; so I don't know if they're better in the US than they were for Aus, but it's kinda cool to see the HGs in their downtime in a non-competitive sense.

Can't edit. I mean James. Have been getting the two mixed up all season.

The feeds are definately driving this season as the broadcast show is an absolute dud this year. BBUSA has never been known for it's originality but this season feels even more formulaic than usual and it doesn't help the three big twists revealed on launch night have all just bombed spectacularly. The feeds though let viewers get below the surface and effectively allow viewers to storyline their own season.

As for this season - I bailed a couple of weeks ago and things haven't really moved on sense, though I do like how James is playing his own game. The problem for me though is we've now passed day 50 and really the game hasn't started yet - it really only gets going once we get to the jury stage.

Same old double eviction for first jury week and first 4 jurors getting the chance to return though. There are obvious reasons why they do a double eviction at this stage but they could at least shake up how they do it - a double HoH week but with no battle of the block, so all 4 nominees remain nominated, would have been a good twist on the usual double eviction format.

Last edited:
Well, now we know why the Takeover Twist ended as quickly as it did.

According to Chenbot:
“We had so much going on, it was better to focus on the pure game–because the game is genius–and the twin twist. You don’t want to give the viewers too much to balance out between, ‘Oh, the power of veto. Oh the double HOHs.’ There was enough going on. You have to clean up a little bit. Pure game.”
More details here: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015/08/bb17-bb-takeover-what-happened-julie-chen/

Well, now we know why the Takeover Twist ended as quickly as it did.

According to Chenbot:
“We had so much going on, it was better to focus on the pure game–because the game is genius–and the twin twist. You don’t want to give the viewers too much to balance out between, ‘Oh, the power of veto. Oh the double HOHs.’ There was enough going on. You have to clean up a little bit. Pure game.”
More details here: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015/08/bb17-bb-takeover-what-happened-julie-chen/

Great effort on behalf The Chenbot however I'm not really buying it... I really wanted to like what they had going on this season but at the end of the day they really had no other option... The twist was tanking right from the get go and with almost everything this season it really shows exactly how much the production team and CBS are committed to producing this show... When push comes to shove and cracks in the shiny facade start to show they throw excuses at it and we're all supposed to just continue watching... At the end of the day we are still watching a rehashing of the same program year on year... If there is anything to come out of this series it should be that something has got to give... They can't keep relying on same bag of tricks to keep this show afloat... Julie is right that the HG's are the core of this format and that is what keeps viewers watching series after series... That said I can't think of a single person in the last 5 or 6 series that could not be swapped out and popped in the middle of another series as if nothing had changed...

It doesnt matter whether or not YOU buy it. Chenbot is right this time. Once they dumped the shitty BOTB twist which you were creaming your pants over its been a madhouse in there. Alliances and loyalties changing at the drop of a hat, targets continually shifting, great live feeds almost every night, and any number of different houseguests have a shot at winning this thing. They didnt need the Takeover twist this season and were smart to drop it. A perfect example of that is how this week the eviction target has shifted from Vanessa to Shelli without Vanessa doing anything herself, and HOH Becky up until this morning is still in the dark.

The houseguests are switching things up themselves...they dont need any help from production in the form of unnecessary twists.

And it's also pretty good that we're hearing more of the U.S. "Big Brother", even if it is only things like "Liz, please report to the Diary Room" or "Steve, stop that!" The current guy is no Leon Murray (I think his name's Don Wollman, the co-executive producer), but he's OK. I'd just like to see more interaction between him and the HGs.

Yeah sure.......Im buying that one as much as the possibility of the Clay/Shelli "showmance" surviving.

But even if it was true, it would figure that they finally get a good and unpredictable season where production interference is at a minimum and the feeds are rocking every night... and Mr snarky dumbass-- the resident BB self appointed "expert" opts out of watching.

I actually didn't mind the premier... I'm also enjoying the fact that Battle of the Block is returning for a second summer in a row... Personally I think it shows some maturity in the format... At this point in BB history they've finally realized what I've been saying for years... That the format needs a new permanent element to help switch up the same stagnant game-play we've been watching year on year... It's also something they aren't going to just call off a few weeks in to the series... It took a series or two for the veto to really start making an impact so I'm interested to see if any new strategy emerges... This isn't the most shocking twist ever but it's understated...

I agree that the twin twist is kind of lackluster and will likely fall apart ASAP... That said I'm interested to see how this will unfold... I was living in Australia during 2004 so I missed all of BB5... I also doubt this will play out like it did the last time... I'd also love to see how Grodner & Co recover if this falls to pieces...

I'm also loving the idea of the #BBTakeover twist.
.. Like I said earlier in the post BB game-play has been pretty stagnant year on year... Once again something like this shows maturity in the format... It should be interesting to see what they throw in each week...
t.[/QUOTE]

So I also realize that you seem to have issues with getting the quote function to work properly and part you used doesnt really make a lot of sense so lets analyze your early predictions for the show.

In retrospect you were absolutely wrong about everything. The Battle of the Block stagnated the gameplay instead of switching it up...just like it did last season. And yeah I would call that creaming your jeans. A new permanent element....yeah right, the worst twist they ever came up with.

The takeover twist was found to be unnecessary and dropped as well and the only twist still intact and having an impact is are the twins.

Unlike BBAU which was cancelled and BBUK where the ratings plummeted and production desperately threw shit at the wall in attempts to keep it alive BBUS still remains in first place in its time slot and with key audience segments and is already renewed for season 18 so it doesnt need drastic changes to keep it alive...just better casting and this season it works.

As a prognosticator of future events I give you a big fat 0 out of 10.

Yeah sure.......Im buying that one as much as the possibility of the Clay/Shelli "showmance" surviving.

But even if it was true, it would figure that they finally get a good and unpredictable season where production interference is at a minimum and the feeds are rocking every night... and Mr snarky dumbass-- the resident BB self appointed "expert" opts out of watching.

Once again @blowhard89 proving what a blow hard he actually is... Are you here because you want to post here? Or are you here to troll?

You really only seem to crawl out from under your bridge whenever you think you have an opportunity fail at making me look like an idiot...

BTW I've been "opting" out of watching for a number of years now... It's not just this series...

So I also realize that you seem to have issues with getting the quote function to work properly and part you used doesnt really make a lot of sense so lets analyze your early predictions for the show.

In retrospect you were absolutely wrong about everything. The Battle of the Block stagnated the gameplay instead of switching it up...just like it did last season. And yeah I would call that creaming your jeans. A new permanent element....yeah right, the worst twist they ever came up with.

The takeover twist was found to be unnecessary and dropped as well and the only twist still intact and having an impact is are the twins.

Unlike BBAU which was cancelled and BBUK where the ratings plummeted and production desperately threw shit at the wall in attempts to keep it alive BBUS still remains in first place in its time slot and with key audience segments and is already renewed for season 18 so it doesnt need drastic changes to keep it alive...just better casting and this season it works.

As a prognosticator of future events I give you a big fat 0 out of 10.

What are you getting at by dragging this up? I've already acknowledge this pervious post in saying that I really wanted to like the twists they had this year... I've since changed my mind... And I'm allowed to do that...

This entire series wreaks of effort on behalf the producers... Very little effort went on to making any of thief half assed twists work... It had nothing to do with the "game" being so super awesome this year... They just didn't really want to get up off their asses and make the twist work...

ETA: LOL at you coming after me for not know the quote function? I had to go back and fix your fucked up mess when I replied to your post...

Once again @blowhard89 proving what a blow hard he actually is... Are you here because you want to post here? Or are you here to troll?

You really only seem to crawl out from under your bridge whenever you think you have an opportunity fail at making me look like an idiot...

BTW I've been "opting" out of watching for a number of years now... It's not just this series...

Hey wait a minute...Im the troll? Crawling out from under a bridge?

Am I the guy making snarky remarks about the intelligence of every other person who seems to have posted in this thread?

Am I a self confessed dick?

Am I the guy with the pretentious sig line?

No Im not. Im just the guy who told you preshow that many of your notions about the viability and effectiveness of certain twists were a pile of shit and why and was right. If criticizing your stupid opinions makes me a troll then its a badge I can wear with honor. I mean what stupid fuck wants the BOB to be instituted as a permanent twist? Only someone who doesnt even watch the show I guess, and now that you say you've been opting out of watching for quite a while it explains why you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Something tells me that posting on this thread has become akin to hearing a tree fall in the woods...is anyone around to still hear it? I think not.

Pay Kingston no mind, blowhard. He's the self appointed diva of this forum and made it his mission to berate posters for his own amusement. :D

No Im not. Im just the guy who told you preshow that many of your notions about the viability and effectiveness of certain twists were a pile of shit and why and was right. If criticizing your stupid opinions makes me a troll then its a badge I can wear with honor. I mean what stupid fuck wants the BOB to be instituted as a permanent twist? Only someone who doesnt even watch the show I guess, and now that you say you've been opting out of watching for quite a while it explains why you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Something tells me that posting on this thread has become akin to hearing a tree fall in the woods...is anyone around to still hear it? I think not.

Just because I don't sit down an analyze and obsess over every stupid move made in every season of this show doesn't mean I'm clueless... BBUS is one of those shows that once you've watched a handful of seasons you've pretty much watched them all... It more recent years it's becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish one series from another... It's the same recycled strategy vs the same recycled archetypal characters vs the same recycled format and packaging... This is the reason I "opt" out of watching... That doesn't mean I'm not still active in following the series in one way or another...

So far you've offered no real counter arguments in this debate... Just because this particular or the previous series hasn't been producing your own personal desired results doesn't mean BoB isn't a viable twist moving forward... As I said previously PoV really didn't start forming a significant strategic role in "the game" until two or three seasons after it came about...

Back