Skip to main content

Big Brother US 2015: #BBTakeover premieres Jun 24th

DigitalCorp

Always Watching
All right, so with Big Brother seemingly not coming back to Australia in its civilian format, I thought now might be a good time to start discussion on this summer (or winter, in your area)'s Big Brother US. Or as I like to call it "Survivor In a House".

Things We'll Likely See This Year:
* The same challenges from the same year, only slightly different
* Some of the same HM-types from previous years
* The relative of a celebrity.

Things I'd Like to See (or Hear) This Year:
* An actual set of on-air Deputy Big Brothers (ideally, Leon Murray being one of them)
* Different challenges
* The return of food and luxury competitions

Perfectly understandable. CBS couldn't handle the international way of doing it, so we had to change it. Still, I would think our version has some following somewhere in Australia, much like your version has some following in America.

For a lack of a better way of explaining it "Survivor in a house" is the best way of explaining the US format... However BBUS is so much more than just that...
I've watched the first couple of week of a few different season. I have tried on a number of occasions to get into it and have never really enjoyed it enough to stick with it.

I don't get into survivor either so it's a good comparison for me.

afaik there's quite a number of BBUS fans on this forum (at least, there was last year)

Oh yes, last year. Derrick's great social game won him the whole thing. Despite the terrible season we had, we did get a number of good HouseGuests. I think Caleb, Frankie, Zach, and Derrick would've been a great match for the AU version. They had the personality down.

I too believe there is a market for BBUS in Australia... I think it's best going from the international format to basically think of it as a completely different show... Other than the fact that it shares the same name and involves a group of people cut off from the outside world there are very few similarities... I doubt a full on change in format for BBAU would fair well... Even modified I don't think the majority of fans that have stuck by the show for as many years as they have would enjoy it as much... I'd love to see the US format spun off in to a show of its own like Endemol has with Secret Story...

@bleachy_dude if you can't get in to Survivor I can understand why you'd have trouble getting in to BBUS... That said I haven't watched Survivor in years and likely wouldn't last more than an episode or two if I tried but I can still find the US format of BB interesting...

BBUS has more in common with the original Big Brother format than what Big Brother has become in many countries around the world today, notably the live feeds and a clear nomination and eviction process.

As much as we all slam Grodner for some of her choices and some obvious bias towards contestants it's probably has the least production interference of all the shows - ultimately if they throw in a comp that favours a certain HG that HG still has to win it for it to benefit them. Also with the voting both for evictees and the winner done by the houseguests they can't edit the show to influence how people vote.

Right. All that's missing now is a Leon Murray-type, a Deputy Big Brother to interact with the HMs, enforce the rules, and get our minds off the constant strategy talk.

Right. All that's missing now is a Leon Murray-type, a Deputy Big Brother to interact with the HMs, enforce the rules, and get our minds off the constant strategy talk.

Why would you even think of suggesting such a thing?

NO... It is WAY too late in the game to be doing that... Perhaps if the show were to change networks but NEVER during the CBS run of the show...

Yet again more clueless rambling from @DigitalCorp...

Would you please be a little more specific? With details, huh?
Kingston uses the ellipsis in every one of his posts as mitigation for being wrong, to put the onus of him being correct onto the reader. You should add '...' to every post, as he does, to make omissions and factual errors other people's fault, always.

Last edited:
The USA is set to get a second version of the show with Telemundo, owned by NBC, set to launch the US format in Spanish.
http://www.bbspy.co.uk/usa/news/050...to-air-in-united-states-america-on-telemundo/

No word yet on if they'll use the same house.

This quote intrigues me a bit...

“This series continues to resonate with TV audiences all over the world and our team has developed an exciting new version that we believe will resonate with the Spanish-language viewers here in the US.”

It sounds like this will be "based" on the US format but will likely deviate from the rigid HoH/PoV structure slightly... At least one can hope... This also makes me wish I spoke Spanish so that I could check it out...

But @Kingston, weren't you able to watch the Quebec version? And don't you currently watch the Canadian version? I imagine the Latino one would be similar to that.

Back