Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

if BB were so very worried about Aaron's behaviour why did they send him back to the bedroom for the evening - why not evict / separate him from the rest immediately
That would be because the night-time skeleton staff i.e. High School girls aka BB with speech impediments and poor English haven't been trained for emergencies of this kind. The instructions would be: Send them to bed and ring me, I'll sort it out in the morning. You might have noticed that the "Morning BB" girl was a different voice most likely belonging to a university student... at least she could read from the sheets provided to her without getting flustered.

The whole situation is pathetic, You would think that the UK production would have more qualified BBs available 24/7 considering the size of the operation and the resources when compared to it's Australian counterpart. BBAUS doesn't have those problems... there is always a senior BB on duty, even at night.

Tonight's show is going to be a mess.

I've always liked how well BBUK manages to blend it's Daily Show and an Eviction into one (unlike BBAU's disastrous attempts), but tonight will be a complete shambles with detailing the fallout of Aaron's ejection, evicting four housemates, showing four new housemate VT's and showing the new housemates going in with only 90 minutes to cover it all - and that shrinks down to an hour once you remove the ads.

Also, rumours are flying that Channel 5 has drastically cut the season short. In most online TV schedules in the UK, they list the episode number, and the total number of episodes in the season.

Until today, Big Brother was listed as having 72 episodes. Now it's a mere 32.

What a mess this series has become in just the space of a week.

I mean, the warning signs were there from day 1, but it was actually progressing quite well for a modern day series of BBUK. The housemates weren't completely vile, and the series was quite enjoyable for once. That's Channel 5's worst nightmare of course, as evidenced by all the blatant attempts to goad the housemates into arguments. Things aren't going as they planned. I thought they intentionally chose nicer housemates this time around, but it's apparent now that that was a fluke and the producers aren't satisfied with the surprisingly low level of bullshit drama. Now they are panicking. Time to hit the reset button. After last year's fiasco, can you blame people for not even bothering to sit through the civilian series anymore? I can guarantee you that on Friday night, four Helens will be walking in.

Normally I'd be SUPER pissed about a twist like this, where they blatantly fix it to protect the housemates that are the most "entertaining", and then take the opportunity to mass evict everyone they feel is underperforming - but I knew something like this was coming. After last year, it's hard to care anymore. All we can do is sit back and watch it all burn.

As for Aaron getting ejected, I haven't watched the episode yet so I can't comment about whether or not it was deserved or whether it's just a case of BB trying to big up something so they can inject some notoriety and infamy into this series. I'll form an opinion on that later. They certainly never ejected Biannca last year after she flashed her tits at every opportunity and continually hit on Winston, whilst begging for his cock - they even invited her back in after she was evicted to give him a lap dance, but perhaps this incident was particularly vile.

This reminds me a lot of the "Four Next Door" from last year's Aussie version.

What the fuck?

Watching the show tomorrow is going to be so weird without the four bigger characters that were removed tonight. The producers' goal was to remove the bland, and the bland survived. Bleh.

Disappointed that Simon has come back. It’s such a cop out. The whole “we’ve never done this before” build up means nothing now because they didn’t evict him permanently. It loses its gravitas.[DOUBLEPOST=1432937238][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I can't believe how quickly this season has turned to absolute shit.

I really have no words now. I gave up on it long ago but it's great tonight that on Twitter those that have stuck with it or become fans during the C5 era were pretty much unanimously slating this so called "twist" and what C5 were doing with the show, while multiple ex-housemates, from both the C4 and C5 era, were absolutely slamming the show.

If they really wanted to get rid of the deadwood they should have made it a vote to save and someone like Sarah would have stayed over Chloe.

What annoyed me was Emma interviewing them as if they hadn't brought anything to the house, when in reality, as horrible as they may hve been, The twins, Harriet and Sarah was some of the bigger characters.

As annoying as this twist was, the revolving door i found a good (and horrible) touch. at least they were creative.

The producers seem to be forgetting this isnt celebrity bb where everything goes down in the space of a week. Theyre wanting to much to happen to soon.

That would be because the night-time skeleton staff i.e. High School girls aka BB with speech impediments and poor English haven't been trained for emergencies of this kind. The instructions would be: Send them to bed and ring me, I'll sort it out in the morning. You might have noticed that the "Morning BB" girl was a different voice most likely belonging to a university student... at least she could read from the sheets provided to her without getting flustered.

The whole situation is pathetic, You would think that the UK production would have more qualified BBs available 24/7 considering the size of the operation and the resources when compared to it's Australian counterpart. BBAUS doesn't have those problems... there is always a senior BB on duty, even at night.
perhaps BBMumbaiHQ could step in ;)

Sarah apparently blames Joel for Aarons actions tonight, saying Joel was asking for it by running around wearing short skirts.

I don't think ive heard such a stupid comment come from a female in my life.
if that's true I'm extremely disappointed in her and not so sorry she's gone and Danny stayed (I would have preferred the opposite as I find Danny quite bland)

BUT the comment makes sense of seeing Harriet offering Joel what looked like a pair of tie-dyed shorts (but could have been a skirt) - and that would mean they were all egging him on INCLUDING Joel

I think Joel has been very calculating in his handling of this situation

This twist makes absolutely no sense at all... The fact that they've evicted 4 perfectly decent HM's to throw a bunch of new ones in just goes to show exactly how much effort production puts in to this show nowadays...

Production must have been really pissed off at Aaron - they didn't just change his portrait to 'Evicted' like they have in the past for ejected housemates, they emptied it. His was in the very top-left.

qEp7CMH.jpg

does anyone else feel like big brother just walked up to them and slapped them in the face ?[DOUBLEPOST=1432964697][/DOUBLEPOST]"showbiz" has become a trigger word for me

A disgusting twist. We were at the point in the series where housemates were unraveling, and starting to show interesting nuances and depths to their characters, but this natural progression has been completely fucked up now. The drama and tension was already slowly building up naturally, and they should have just let it unfold. I get that this is an entertainment show, but it's much more entertaining when things unfold at a natural pace. It feels more real, and more engaging. Half their problems would be solved by reinstating the vote to save. We've lost four perfectly good housemates in exchange for a bunch of obnoxious, only superficially interesting ones. The truth came out when Emma told Harriet "We had to - you were all getting along too well". What happened to Emma lauding this series for being "fun", and for not being as toxic and uncomfortable to watch as previous series? Fuck off Emma. How can such a big fan of the show bear to peddle this shit? If they wanted to inject a few vile people into the house, they should have just done it.

I have lost any remaining enthusiasm and respect for this series. BBUK always starts out so promising, but inevitably turns to shit after too much meddling. I thought things might have changed since the dire series of Power Trip, but evidently not. How does anybody think a twist like this is OK? I just can't watch the show now and not feel pissed off. I hope this really comes back to bite them. Big Brother is all about building a connection to the housemates and engaging with life in the house, but twists like this completely shit on that concept. They are eroding what little remains of their loyal viewers. It might temporarily capture the attention of the masses, but they'll inevitably tune out for something shinier, and they'll be left with nothing.

Will we ever get to see a decent series of BBUK or BBAU again?

I'm actually really pissed off that those four went. Danny and Choloe add nothing to the show! Choloe was loud the first two nights and now it's as if she's not there. I feel like Danny is going to make it to the end simply because everyone thinks he's just a nice sweet guy when in reality he's coming across as a very bland person. I loved the rivalry between the twins and Jade! It reminded me so much of Tahan and the sugar sisters. I'm devestated that Harriet is gone, she reminds me so much of Helen last year! Her swearing is the funniest thing I hear in the dsily shows. And I love how she's just an average relatable person. She had so much potential and she should have lasted longer in my opinion. Kieran wasn't one of my favourites however I felt like he was good value in the house as I felt like we do need someone mature to keep the group together. I didn't really like Sarah but again she was very good value in the house. I'm extremely pissed off that Simon is back. He pissed me off so bad that first night. These new housemates look okay but I can't see myself warming to them straight away. Many of you may disagree with me on this but I'm also really upset that Aaron had been ejected. I do think his behaviour towards Joel was unacceptable however he was a very entertaining character in my opinion. This series of BBUK so far has disappointed me terribly. I the four housemates that where evicted tonight I really loved. I hate most the left. I'm worried if people like Eileen and Joel will be evicted as they are the only two I love. Hey should have just kept this week as a normal eviction and Jade should have went. I'm very tempted to stop watching now. I'd honestly rather watch BBAU 2014 all over again then watch the rest of this years.

Back