Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

Already fed up with both Danny and Cristian.

Make them go away, like, yesterday.
I didn't mind Cristian - until his comment with homophobic subtext that went something like "two guys shouldn't sleep in the same bed". Now I want to see him be the first standard evictee.

Last edited:
I didn't mind Cristian - until his comment with homophobic subtext that went something like "two guys shouldn't sleep in the same bed". Now I want to see him be the first standard evictee.
Yeah throughout the live feed episode from the launch all he seemed to be going on about was the bed situation. So arrogant.

Yeah that whole "Come on, guys don't sleep in the same bed" thing from Cristian was weird. I think he might be a little insecure about his sexuality to be honest. There aren't many straight males I know who care about that.

Instead of a fave list, I'm going to make a Daddy listicle (list of housemates I'd enjoy calling 'Daddy').

BBUK Male Daddys: Ranked

1. Cristian

tumblr_inline_mtkds0P8jr1r9he9m.gif

2. Danny
fanning-self.gif

3. Aaron
325913_original.gif

4. Kieran
giphy.gif

6. Joel
tumblr_lbqtwm5B1N1qdubemo1_500.gif

7. Nick

ew.gif

8. Simon
anigif_enhanced-buzz-29273-1381984187-6.gif

It was a pretty decent launch. The house looks nice and the housemates seem decent enough - still a fair amount of mediawhores, but it's something I expect these days. The first highlights show didn't reveal too much, but that's great because it's still early enough for me to make some first impressions.

• Aaron - He seems a bit thick, but I think he's going to be one of the more prominent housemates this series. He's alright so far.
  • Adjoa - What a predator. She's very, very weird, but also quite hilarious. Probably the standout housemate for that reason alone. She's definitely one of the more interesting ones to watch. So happy she didn't get evicted, but I don't see her sticking around for too long anyway.
  • Amy & Sally - Sam and Amanda from series 8 are back, but this time around they're too old for us to find their ditziness amusing. They seem like your typical inoffensive, airheaded BB contestants. They'll either muddy their reputations and get turfed out early, or remain vacant ninnies who coast through week to week because people find them endearing.
  • Chloe - Haven't seen enough of her, but she seems like an endearing character who'll probably stay around for a while.
  • Christian - From the pre-season housemate reveals, he seemed pretty level headed. He's very pretty, so biased me naturally wants to like him, but he was noticably pouting all through his entrance interview. You can tell that he really, really loves himself, and it's just so cringey and unattractive. Pretty selfish to take the double bed for himself because he "likes to spread out" and then get annoyed when he realizes it means he'll be sharing with somebody.
  • Danny - Seriously reminds me of Ash from last season. Not hateable, but has douchebag potential.
  • Eileen - She looks like a sex doll, but I like her. She seems like a really lovely woman, but with just enough crazy bubbling beneath the surface to keep her interesting and prevent her from being dull.
  • Harriet - She has potential, but I am not getting much from her right now.
  • Jack - I like him so far, and he seems like a really good guy, but inevitably he'll probably grate on me if he's shoved down our throats like those fat twins from a few years ago were. I'm secretly hoping for a Wolfy/Pauline style fall from grace because those are always fun, but unfortunately I don't think he's harbouring any secret vileness/sociopathic tendencies and his popularity will remain fairly constant throughout this series. The immunity was redundant, because he'll easily make it to the finale. He could win, but I predict by then, people won't feel passionate enough about him to vote him the winner unless everybody else in the finale is completely vile.
  • Jade - Will likely be a prominent character. She's already sensing "negative energies" about Sarah, which I think is kind of dumb, but inevitably it'll come out. Interesting, but I don't know if I should like her or dislike her.
  • Joel - Didn't really make much of an impression. He seems like a redundant character so far. If he wants a career in politics, then perhaps Big Brother was not the best move. An inoffensive character, but hopefully he'll reveal more to himself.
  • Kieran - It was Jar Jar Binks who first put it into Christian's head that sharing a bed with another male wasn't right. How stupid. He's also delusional enough to believe the media exposure from Big Brother will help him in his career. On first impressions, I find him irritating as fuck, although I do have to say he made me laugh tonight when he congratulated Sarah on a relationship that had already fallen apart. He could end up being quite fun. Hopefully I won't find him as irritating as time goes on.
  • Nick - His VT didn't paint the best picture, yet I do get the feeling I'm going to like him very much. Matthew was a favourite of mine last year, and Nick seems like he'll assume a similar role. He seems very insecure and self-deprecating. I've got high hopes, but we'll see what happens.
  • Sarah - Surprisingly, I like her so far. She's going to be the centre of a lot of the conflict. If she's perceived as being righteous, she'll survive, but otherwise she's probably going to leave pretty soon.
  • Simon - Irritating as fuck. We really dodged a bullet having this one evicted before the series even began. We've missed out on a few weeks of obnoxious camera whoring, and a one dimensional storyline about the entire house hating him and we are richer for it. As entertaining as this year's CBB was, we don't need a repeat of it. A stupid twist, really - anybody else leaving would have sucked, but this turned out better than expected.
I haven't warmed to these housemates as easily as I have to previous housemates on launch, but I do like and have high hopes for Adjoa, Eileen and Nick. It's really hard to predict how this series is going to pan out. I don't see these housemates as being as hostile as previous groups, which could be a good thing.

Last edited:
Ugh. I'm hating Cristian more and more with each show. The whole "I should be on Celebrity Big Brother" thing was extremely douchey. He's a self-absorbed asshole who thinks he is god's gift to the world, since he thinks he's better than everyone else in the house even though he is really a nobody.

I hate him even more than I did yesterday.

Ugh. I'm hating Cristian more and more with each show. The whole "I should be on Celebrity Big Brother" thing was extremely douchey. He's a self-absorbed asshole who thinks he is god's gift to the world, since he thinks he's better than everyone else in the house even though he is really a nobody.

I hate him even more than I did yesterday.

Agreed! I thought he was really good looking so at the start. But after his constant complaining about sharing a bed with a boy made me really dislike him, but the cebrity big brother thing just made me flat out decide to hate him.

I'm sick of Adjora being questioned about being a gold star lez. How do you know if you've never tried it derp

How do straight people know they're straight if they've never tried same sex?

And fools thinking a dildo is the same as having a penis in you. Nothing like it. Though can't blame the boys for not knowing cos they boys but none of the girls spoke up and mythbusted.

That blonde girl with the kid is a bit abrasive. I hope the twins have some depth. The maccas manager has women issues. Poor Harriet, she's out of her depth. Nick, he seems very introverted but he must have been selected for good reason.

And the poly Irish chick is weird. I don't quite understand how she thinks being a poly chick with poly men will result in a monogamous marriage. She loves calling herself free but plans on being closed when married. Odd chick

To be fair, at least Cristian did chime in with, "There's more to it than just 'a dick'."

Still think he's an annoying twat, but at least someone shut that whole stupid conversation down. Christ.

EDIT: Felt bad for Adjoa during Nick's nomination, but happy that Sarah (seemed to) take it well.

Can I just say that the time bomb involving the "winner" decided was a complete let down. They made it seem like it was going to be a huge deal. All it ended up being was a choice to stay in the house or leave. It wasn't anything we haven't seen before. However I did enjoy watching Nick's face to face nominations. I did feel bad for both Nick and Adjoa. Sarah is a bitch and I'm glad she coped a nomination. I was also pleasantly surprised Harriet was in the top 3 with the voting public. I do like her as she is just a normal everyday person and I'm take the public have already warmed to her. Danny is okay but he's just another Ash like last year. Jack getting the most votes was so predictable. So far though I am struggling to pick a favourite. I am swaying towards Eileen though.

The timebomb should have been this:
Leave with the car and the prize money remains, stay and it's destroyed.

Also: Cristian's stretching before getting on the bike was stupid, as was his 'meltdown' that came out of nowhere. I didn't but it.

Can I just say that the time bomb involving the "winner" decided was a complete let down. They made it seem like it was going to be a huge deal. All it ended up being was a choice to stay in the house or leave. It wasn't anything we haven't seen before. However I did enjoy watching Nick's face to face nominations. I did feel bad for both Nick and Adjoa. Sarah is a bitch and I'm glad she coped a nomination. I was also pleasantly surprised Harriet was in the top 3 with the voting public. I do like her as she is just a normal everyday person and I'm take the public have already warmed to her. Danny is okay but he's just another Ash like last year. Jack getting the most votes was so predictable. So far though I am struggling to pick a favourite. I am swaying towards Eileen though.
i agree, i reckon they should have been given power over the other housemates or something instead of a decision that had a pretty obvious outcome...

Back