Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

More research, huh? ;)

Hah. True. I think those of us in this thread must be the "couple of people" who watch BBUK that AMav was talking about.

Knee-jerk cast ranking! (contains spoilers)

Key:
Love / Like / Meh / Mixed / Dislike / Loathe

Adjoa - So glad she wasn't the one evicted. Can't wait to see the psycho-bitch side (if it comes out).
Sarah - So real. So fierce. So inevitably boned.
Chloe - this girl is so SHAMELESS and I ADORE it.
Harriet - ALOL slurring goddess! She's seems a lot smarter than she sounds, though. Apparently the political party she voted for is pretty bad?
Amy and Sally - Twins, Basil! Twins! I hated the Sugar Sisters in '13 but the banter between these two is awesome. Don't see them winning, but I do think they'll have good moments.
Kieran - seems pretty 'real'. That being said I got NO read on him at all from his VT. His voice may get pretty old pretty quickly.
Eileen - Interested to see how this one goes. She seems like she could be a total trainwreck, which I am STRONGLY hoping for.
Danny - Early prediction? This guy wins. And I'm indifferent about it right now.
Jade - could go either way. Gorgeous girl (dat accent) and the whole poly-amorous thing could either cause an entertaining stir; or be completely irrelevant in the grand scheme. She's gonna blow that luxury budget early, I reckon.
Joel - Yawn. This guy can afford to settle in, he's probably going to get dragged along as the token inoffensive UTR young white man.
Simon - alol pwnt. This guy probably could've delivered if his claims in his VT were to be trusted, but his 'glitzy' personality was so annoying already so GOOD RIDDANCE.
Aaron - You hate pizza? You sicken me.
Jack - Gross. I can see the UK public eating up his shit already. And no fucking way am I referring to him as "Pie Face". OFC this guy needed immunity /sarcasm.
Christian - DOUCHE ALERT. Pre-show I had high hopes he would be down to earth reading that he was a med student. But there's self-assured and then there's.... that. And then the way he was on stage? All roar and no bite.
Nick - I hate that I hate this guy, cause he clearly wants it. The reason I hate him is because he's CLEARLY TRYING SO HARD TO BE A VILLAIN. Watch him do a "turnaround" and repent or some shit. :vomit: alol at him having to nominate face-to-face every week.

So pretty much, the boys are meh-to-awful, and the girls are amazing-to-meh.

You really are an idiot aren't you?[DOUBLEPOST=1431497584][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hah. True. I think those of us in this thread must be the "couple of people" who watch BBUK that AMav was talking about.

Knee-jerk cast ranking! (contains spoilers)

Key:
Love / Like / Meh / Mixed / Dislike / Loathe

Adjoa - So glad she wasn't the one evicted. Can't wait to see the psycho-bitch side (if it comes out).
Sarah - So real. So fierce. So inevitably boned.
Chloe - this girl is so SHAMELESS and I ADORE it.
Harriet - ALOL slurring goddess! She's seems a lot smarter than she sounds, though. Apparently the political party she voted for is pretty bad?
Amy and Sally - Twins, Basil! Twins! I hated the Sugar Sisters in '13 but the banter between these two is awesome. Don't see them winning, but I do think they'll have good moments.
Kieran - seems pretty 'real'. That being said I got NO read on him at all from his VT. His voice may get pretty old pretty quickly.
Eileen - Interested to see how this one goes. She seems like she could be a total trainwreck, which I am STRONGLY hoping for.
Danny - Early prediction? This guy wins. And I'm indifferent about it right now.
Jade - could go either way. Gorgeous girl (dat accent) and the whole poly-amorous thing could either cause an entertaining stir; or be completely irrelevant in the grand scheme. She's gonna blow that luxury budget early, I reckon.
Joel - Yawn. This guy can afford to settle in, he's probably going to get dragged along as the token inoffensive UTR young white man.
Simon - alol pwnt. This guy probably could've delivered if his claims in his VT were to be trusted, but his 'glitzy' personality was so annoying already so GOOD RIDDANCE.
Aaron - You hate pizza? You sicken me.
Jack - Gross. I can see the UK public eating up his shit already. And no fucking way am I referring to him as "Pie Face". OFC this guy needed immunity /sarcasm.
Christian - DOUCHE ALERT. Pre-show I had high hopes he would be down to earth reading that he was a med student. But there's self-assured and then there's.... that. And then the way he was on stage? All roar and no bite.
Nick - I hate that I hate this guy, cause he clearly wants it. The reason I hate him is because he's CLEARLY TRYING SO HARD TO BE A VILLAIN. Watch him do a "turnaround" and repent or some shit. :vomit: alol at him having to nominate face-to-face every week.

So pretty much, the boys are meh-to-awful, and the girls are amazing-to-meh.

No need for spoiler tags in this post...

You really are an idiot aren't you?[DOUBLEPOST=1431497584][/DOUBLEPOST]

No need for spoiler tags in this post...

I'm being mindful about the spoilers about the launch twist. Obv I'd hate to be responsible for people coming to this thread and getting it spoiled for them before they even get to watch the episode.

ETA: Also aware that not everyone is in Camp Give-A-Shit about my opinion; and so it's easier to scroll past if they aren't

I'm being mindful about the spoilers about the launch twist. Obv I'd hate to be responsible for people coming to this thread and getting it spoiled for them before they even get to watch the episode.

ETA: Also aware that not everyone is in Camp Give-A-Shit about my opinion; and so it's easier to scroll past if they aren't

There is no need to be mindful... And this is fully supported by @Brekkie... There is no need for a thread full of spoiler tags and certainly NOT to discuss an event that has already aired... If you don't want the show spoiled you should NOT be in this thread...

There is no need to be mindful... And this is fully supported by @Brekkie... There is no need for a thread full of spoiler tags and certainly NOT to discuss an event that has already aired... If you don't want the show spoiled you should NOT be in this thread...

right, a thread discussing an event that has already aired :whistling:

I'm all about giving 24 hours before I openly talk about it, especially given it's episode one. Plus, you know how it can be around here.

right, a thread discussing an event that has already aired :whistling:

I'm all about giving 24 hours before I openly talk about it, especially given it's episode one. Plus, you know how it can be around here.

The rule is after the show has aired in the UK it is acceptable to post openly... There are no excuses... If someone has a problem with "spoilers" they should not be in the thread... 24 hours is a bunch of bullshit...

I've only seen bits and pieces of the launch so far but from what I've seen the cast don't seem as bad as last year's bunch. Really enjoyed how they showed some housemates getting out of the car and finishing up on getting ready as well as some of the housemates seeing Emma behind the eye before going out. It felt more real and like 'early Big Brother.'

Hey Hoods!! I've missed your enthusiasm.

Just post here with us lol.
Okay will do! I don't want to have to learn more characters, I hardly know the people on this forum.
I'm about to sit down and watch the launch now

The rule is after the show has aired in the UK it is acceptable to post openly... There are no excuses... If someone has a problem with "spoilers" they should not be in the thread... 24 hours is a bunch of bullshit...

Re-read the second part of my post. Spoiler tags do more good than harm.

Just watched it. Much better launch night than the Australian one, and the host had a personality! Interesting twists. Simon being evicted was a bit of a shock. I'l be looking forward to seeing Nick nominate face to face, especially as he describes himself as a coward.

I hate Christian. Rich and does well for himself.

I love Sarah. Seems to have a great personality, plus I feel she will be a great housemate to watch.

That bomb stuff all went rather well... almost as if they could somehow decide who got what AFTER the HMs had chosen. Especially Simon. Thank christ for that!
*Jazz hands* SHOWBIZ!!
*Slap*

A very enjoyable launch.

The Eviction timebomb definately went to the right person. Simon's schtick was already wearing thin after watching the launch and BotS, and basically saved everyone the effort of having him removed during the first standard eviction. I was really hoping Adjoa would stay.

The Immunity timebomb turned out to be a bit of waste since Jack got it since as Emma pointed out on BotS - he's the person most likely to not need it. He's already the bookie's favourite to win.

The Luxury and Nomination timebombs, meh.

Re-read the second part of my post. Spoiler tags do more good than harm.

No they do not... As I said the rules are there and are NOT guidelines... There is no such think as a 24 hour waiting period and no need for a thread to be full of spoiler tags...

No they do not... As I said the rules are there and are NOT guidelines... There is no such think as a 24 hour waiting period and no need for a thread to be full of spoiler tags...

Do you have a favourite housemate yet, Kingston?

Just finished watching the launch. Based off first impressions my early fans are Adjoa, Nick, Aaron, Eileen, and Jade. I didn't think I would like Chloe, Danny or Kieran but I reckon they have something to offer as well. Overall they seem like a much better bunch then last years.

Simon's showbiz thing was super annoying but one things for sure he wouldn't have just sat back and flew under the radar so its a bit of a shame he was the one to go. I think he would have made for a good housemate for a week or two before getting evicted in the 1st or 2nd eviction.

I can't wait for the daily shows now to be honest and I love the house! Particularly the backyard.

Now, this is what we need in the Australian version. The U.S. has After Dark, but this is actually live from the house.

@Kingston - do not post on my behalf. While it's true I hate threads full of spoiler tags @beardymac was just showing some consideration for others, something you often seem to lack when posting on these forums. With the launch especially not everyone will be up to speed immediately and this thread has been home to pre-season speculation, so it's not obvious it would contain information on what has aired.

As for the twist - just screans that they didn't have any ideas for a launch night twist so went for the obvious instead. Would have had much more of an impact if it hadn't been ra

Back