Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

Interesting... BBUS16's use of a "rewind button" last year actually proved to be somewhat interesting and actually had an impact.

Though how something like that could be applied to a game following the non-US rules should be interesting to see.

I'm hoping the animated logo will be just as good as what I can see here. I feel as if there's a lot they could do with that and the background.

Unsure about what to think about having another theme though after Power Trip.

Btw is anyone really excited for this season? People seem to be getting really 'meh' about BBUK nowadays but I'm willing to give it another chance. UK civilian seasons seem so far and few in between now that I can't help but go like omg omg normal BBUK's back finally.

Hopefully maybe the layout of the house can change a bit again?

Btw is anyone really excited for this season? People seem to be getting really 'meh' about BBUK nowadays but I'm willing to give it another chance. UK civilian seasons seem so far and few in between now that I can't help but go like omg omg normal BBUK's back finally.

Hopefully maybe the layout of the house can change a bit again?

All I want is for the diary room to be moved back downstairs. I really don't like it being up there for some reason.

I really enjoy the UK version TBH. I find it really entertaining. It's also the closest thing to our big brother

The house has reportedly been completely changed again (including the diary room back downstairs) and has a 60's "Mad Men" theme.

C5 have also confirmed the show will launch in less than two weeks time on May 12th.
Big Brother returns with a new theme, Big Brother: Timebomb. Big Brother has scoured the UK and Ireland once again for a fantastic troop of eccentric, entertaining and unique Housemates. Join Emma Willis at the Live Launch as a captivating new batch of Housemates enter the most famous house in Britain to hook the nation with their larger than life personalities. From the moment the new Housemates walk through those doors they’ll enter the world of Big Brother: Timebomb.

This series promises to be upbeat, glamourous, thrilling and mischievous. The clock will start ticking and the Housemates’ past, present and future will be in the hands of Big Brother. The BB House has been totally revamped and is decorated in a sophisticated, sleek ‘Mad Men’ 60s style. With Big Brother playing with the concept of time, the tasks, secret missions and twists promise to have tension, drama and intrigue. How will this affect the housemates? Time may be a friend or an enemy and for some it may well run out…

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb16/news/04...15-timebomb-theme-clock-ticking#ixzz3YiecP9BO

I can't watch the UK version, as much as I want to. There's even more profanity than the Aussie version, and the only eps that show up on YT are the uncensored ones.

The theme intrigues me, though. Hopefully it will translate well for the next civilian BBAU (unlike "Power Fail/The Storm").

Can't wait. Producers fucked up last year. I expect them to rectify their mistakes and I expect this season to be a big improvement with a solid bunch of housemates.

Trouble is the producers fucked up and yet one of them then got promoted to "Creative Director" - despite a lack of creativity and clear direction for the show. Sadly the producers of the show nowadays just completely dismiss the many many problems that true fans of the show can see quite clearly.

There is a lot more house pics out there than the ones Channel 5 are showing so these are the ones I've found

BB_Bathroom.jpg

BB_Bathroom2.jpg

BB_Bedroom.jpg

BB_Bedroom1.jpg

BB_Bedroom2.jpg

BB_BedroomPANO.jpg

BB_DiaryRoom.jpg

BB_Garden.jpg

BB_Garden1.jpg

BB_GardenPANO.jpg

BB_Kitchen.jpg

BB_Living.jpg

BB_LivingArea.jpg

BB_LivingArea1.jpg

BB_LivingArea2.jpg

BB_Sofas.jpg

BB_Sofas1.jpg

BB_Sofas2.jpg

BB_Stairs.jpg

That bathroom though :woot:

Oh my god, I'm so fucking happy. The house looks great. The bedroom needs something a little different (I can't quite work out my issue with it) but apart from that, it's great. I'm so glad there's been some structural changes—if there's been any in the last couple of years, I couldn't really point them out to you. I love how the living area looks a bit more "compact". Dare I say it feels rather expensive?

Also, I didn't realise it had been six years since the diary room was moved upstairs. I'm so glad it's back downstairs. I've never liked it being up the stairs at all. I've been irrationally angry about it for ages, haha.

Oh, I just saw someone in the comments on bbspy mention that there are a lot of "past Big Brother house" references throughout, particularly the sofa, and the circle design of the diary room entrance. Interesting! That totally makes sense to me. I love it.

Also, I didn't realise it had been six years since the diary room was moved upstairs. I'm so glad it's back downstairs. I've never liked it being up the stairs at all. I've been irrationally angry about it for ages, haha.
It's only been two years, prior to that it's been located under the stairs since 2008.

It is a great house though I don't really think it refereneces the past. We've had a circular sofa once and it was a horrible blue plastic thing, nothing like the nice orange effort we see here. The concentric circles are very BB3 though - that's how the eye logo was formed back in 2002.

Not a huge fan of the bedroom myself - it's nice it's a bigger space but really think there isn't much point in changing the layout if you're going to just have the same rooms in different places. I do think after years of one bedroom going back to two wouldn't be a bad idea as it is an easy way to change the dynamic in the house. BB9 is the only series since BB4 to have two bedrooms and it did set up a series long storyline of B-Block vs Luxury Bedroom which really did drive the show.

I love the house! That backyard looks amazing. I wouldn't mind spending 3 months relaxing out there! I am excited for this series now.

Back