Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Probably a more winnable timeslot, but is it conducive to big ad revenue?
9 gave BB this timeslot in 2014 following the block and I think this is one of the bullets that killed it after 2014, it was an adult friendly timeslot for a family friendly directed Daily show, it would only work if the daily shows had an MA classification (which would be fabulous either way)

[

9 gave BB this timeslot in 2014 following the block and I think this is one of the bullets that killed it after 2014, it was an adult friendly timeslot for a family friendly directed Daily show, it would only work if the daily shows had an MA classification (which would be fabulous either way)
Well yes, I agree with you. If they gave it an 8.30+ slot they could target the show better for that, which is where Nine totally feel down.

Big Brother Australia reboot: Reggie pushes for All Star season

"Reggie... ...said it was crucial that “real” Aussies were cast on the show when it returned to our screens in 2020.

“I think a lot of people these days go onto the shows to become famous,” Reggie told news.com.au. “I hope that when they cast the people they put realistic people in there and not these fake, plastic people.”"

Well guess we're all happy Big Brother wasn't part of the upfronts for Nine this week then.

Did you see the report that Seven wants to air Big Brother against MAFS (instead of MKR) next year?

Exciting news as it means that they're obviously putting a lot behind the reboot, but bad news if you're a MAFS fan as it'll be hard to choose which show to watch! I'll probably watch MAFS to be fair, unless the Big Brother cast really impresses me.
It's not a report, it's a blog with an overinflated opinion of itself reporting rumours as "Exclusive" - and trying to hide behind using questions as headlines rather than facts. They've already been caught out this year, and they'll be caught out again over this. They're going for a publish any old shit strategy and chances are one of them will be true and you can bet your bottom dollar they'll gloat about that one (ignoring the 99% of other stuff which wasn't true) when it turns out to be the case.

how much room would a BB house need to take up I wonder... with the control room, and eviction stage etc? and would there be an area for a live audience? it would feel weird watching an eviction without an audience.
The US house which is build at Studio 18 is 14000 sq ft (around 1300 sq m) and that includes the house (over two floors), the studio and production facilities. It's tight but it works well enough for them, though the producers have said ideally they'd have the studio next door to build a competition arena (and indeed now do have a comp area occassionally used in another space on site, but away from the house).

The Canadian house uses two studios - I think the house itself is in a space a similar size to the US complex (but that includes a "back yard" as well built indoors) whilst the eviction set is in a smaller studio within the same site.

What will be interesting is whether they go for the option of just using cameras and no camera runs. More and more versions of Big Brother and indeed other reality shows do this now, but of course BB Australia since I think about BB03 decided to remove in house cameras and just rely on the camera runs, which I always felt was a bit odd. They said it was so the housemates weren't so aware they were being filmed, but surely the concept of Big Brother is that they are being filmed. Not sure if Nine kept up the no visible camera policy, but think Ten did through to the end. Obviously though no camera runs means the house can be built in a smaller space, or an existing house can be fitted out with cameras and used as the location.

I always thought of the no visible camera thing being as if Big Brother was all seeing but he himself could not be seen.

As for the Nine days, I think they did have visible cameras but they were positioned where they would be out of the housemates line of sight like coming down from the ceiling or just high enough on the walls to not be noticed as much.

I always thought of the no visible camera thing being as if Big Brother was all seeing but he himself could not be seen.

As for the Nine days, I think they did have visible cameras but they were positioned where they would be out of the housemates line of sight like coming down from the ceiling or just high enough on the walls to not be noticed as much.
If I remember correctly, there wasn't the amount of visible cameras that we would expect from early BBAU/BBUK seasons, but some were still there. Also BBAU2014 definitely had some more because I remember Tim mentioning it on the podcast at the time and Gemma saying there were a few in each bedroom

It's not a report, it's a blog with an overinflated opinion of itself reporting rumours as "Exclusive"

That's BBBA too tho hehe.

I think about BB03 decided to remove in house cameras and just rely on the camera runs, which I always felt was a bit odd. They said it was so the housemates weren't so aware they were being filmed, but surely the concept of Big Brother is that they are being filmed.

I feel like this was a financial decision right? If they use regular cameras on tracks, they could ship them in and out from studios, and didn't need to spend money on surveillance style cameras, plus the staff to operate them.

I did actually like the 2012 theme, but by 2014 it has started to sound like that problematic "Oriental" midi tune you'd find preset on 90s Casio keyboards.

For comparison:

I've always loved the 01-07 themes, the 2014 theme was the worst. Especially since they got rid of the last beat of the theme.

David from TVT has said nine's rights have expired. Finally confirms they're done at least. And at least we get some news at upfronts from 7..

I've always loved the 01-07 themes, the 2014 theme was the worst. Especially since they got rid of the last beat of the theme.

2012 titles weren't bad but looks kinda cheap, the big brother title with the dreamworld Claw ride is my fav. The music from the 2008 theme was pretty good too.

Just hope 7 doesn't butcher the show too much, it'll be interesting to see their take on it. It doesn't need to be "modernized".

My personal favourite opening titles are the 2003-4 ones. I like how interactive the graphics are with the dreamworld references and the social experiment. And being 4 at the time being at dreamworld visiting the house, it’s what I know big brother to be.

My personal favourite opening titles are the 2003-4 ones. I like how interactive the graphics are with the dreamworld references and the social experiment. And being 4 at the time being at dreamworld visiting the house, it’s what I know big brother to be.

Same, 2003-04 were my favourites.

I feel like considering 10 needed a shake up and had to change titles, they did a really good job with 08. I hated nines titles, too partyish family friendly, felt as though they lost the original bb touch. 2014 was an improvement in regaining the bb touch but just didnt sit well, they felt abit odd.

I just looked up on Facebook "Big Brother Australia" clicked on posts, then clicked on dates 2019 and this post came up from a random person on Facebook. Do you guys reckon it's legit or you reckon it's BS?

Attachments

• 20191019_132401.jpg
    20191019_132401.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 55
I just looked up on Facebook "Big Brother Australia" clicked on posts, then clicked on dates 2019 and this post came up from a random person on Facebook. Do you guys reckon it's legit or you reckon it's BS?
Fake, casting adds you on Facebook and formally revealing you're through to the next round anywhere gets you removed from the shortlist.

Fake, casting adds you on Facebook and formally revealing you're through to the next round anywhere gets you removed from the shortlist.
Aaah cool! I was thinking that it was way too fast to receive a phone call for shortlisting considering the application process only opened not long ago and Channel 7 haven't released their upfronts. Cheers.

I’m keen to know if people are actually getting calls though or whether the audition process will be the same as previous years with a national casting tour where anybody can rock up. Hopefully something will be announced after Seven’s upfronts on Wednesday......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back