Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TV Blackbox podcast on the 9 Upfront mentioned BB on Seven... still not confirmed, allegedly will have a smaller budget per episode/will be a shorter run (4 weeks?), and it may be pushed back to April instead of Feb.
This website is contradicting itself on the daily now, it feels like they had a huge story and are clutching at straws to maintain that audience they brought in by reporting BB was back. Steve Milk has always been full of his own bullshit, just look at his twitter 😘

This website is contradicting itself on the daily now, it feels like they had a huge story and are clutching at straws to maintain that audience they brought in by reporting BB was back. Steve Milk has always been full of his own bullshit, just look at his twitter 😘

I remember in the lead up to the last revival I had a go at him for retweeting fake bs from a rabid fan account.

To be more specific someone had posted that they had pics of the house under construction when in fact they were pics from Secret Story (BB France).

Here’s the tweet I’m talking about. They claimed that because BB was being referred to as Big Brother: Secrets the house design would follow that of Secret Story because “that is the format Nine bought”.

Steve Molk claimed that “Nine has a lot of money” so they could very well have started construction on the house 8-9 months before the show was set to air.

2qSIacl.jpg

(As a side-note, I always loved how this was treated like a dirty little secret that NZ was voting. On-air they always had Gretel saying lines like "Australia you have voted/decided..." or opening the show with “Hi Australia!” Even though on rare occasions it was being simulcast live in NZ. Nope! All lies!)

Not really related to the topic but I used to sometimes catch the end of The Voice Australia when it was on TV in NZ and thought it was really cute how they went to the effort to record a alternate ending to each episode just so they could say "Goodnight, New Zealand"

Not really related to the topic but I used to sometimes catch the end of The Voice Australia when it was on TV in NZ and thought it was really cute how they went to the effort to record a alternate ending to each episode just so they could say "Goodnight, New Zealand"
Did they? That's quite sweet, really.

From what has been alluded to me, the BB 2020 series won’t be the usual 90-100 day length like in the past or multiple shows. It seems like it will be a short run.
its stupid in my opinion, but Seven are probably scared (and too PC as usual) to take a big gamble and pad their network schedules out with big brother brogramming aside from 90 minutes a night for a 4-6 week run.

From what has been alluded to me, the BB 2020 series won’t be the usual 90-100 day length like in the past or multiple shows. It seems like it will be a short run.
its stupid in my opinion, but Seven are probably scared (and too PC as usual) to take a big gamble and pad their network schedules out with big brother brogramming aside from 90 minutes a night for a 4-6 week run.

My bet is that it will be finished by the time the AFL begins.

If these networks are not prepared to fully commit, or don't understand what it takes to make the program successful then they need to just leave it dead and buried. Reviving it to give it another painful death is just cruel.

I guess February is possible but why would you start a show in summer?

Or is that old school thinking? - the whole summer downtime for Aus TV.

If these networks are not prepared to fully commit, or don't understand what it takes to make the program successful then they need to just leave it dead and buried. Reviving it to give it another painful death is just cruel.
I tend to agree.

While there's always going to be enough power behind the name and in the franchise to pull in viewers, if it doesn't stay true to the conceptual format then there's really no point. Sadly, the former is all they're likely to be concerned about.

So I didn't watch this particular one but BBUK once had a 50 day season.

Going by the wikipedia page it seems to be nonstop evictions towards the end and gags like "annihilation week".

I guess February is possible but why would you start a show in summer?

Or is that old school thinking? - the whole summer downtime for Aus TV.

It would be February, taking the MKR or post-MKR slot most likely.

EDIT: by post-MKR I mean airing in the timeslot after MKR, not taking MKRs timeslot after MKR wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back