Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that rules out TEN. Out of 7 or 9 I personally don't really care which one it is. I feel 7 may be more likely to get Gretel on board, however I want which ever channel is less likely to adapt the US format.

It'll be Channel Seven for sure like Rob McKnight keeps insisting. Channel Nine has Love Island which is almost the same show, not to mention Married At First Sight, Ninja Warrior, Lego Masters, The Block... Channel Seven needs Big Brother like Rob said to pull in a younger demo and make some noise. They've been relying on MKR for years to carry them and that show is fading now thanks to the juggernaut that is MAFS.

I'm really excited for a Channel Seven Big Brother personally. Yeah, Seven is a daggy network but it will be interesting to see what they do with the format given that Ten and Nine have already had a crack.

I'm really excited for a Channel Seven Big Brother personally. Yeah, Seven is a daggy network but it will be interesting to see what they do with the format given that Ten and Nine have already had a crack.

Same, I hope they actually make the houses look good this time, the CH 9 houses were so tacky and looked incredibly cheap, their cameras also didn't do it much justice, so grainy.

I kinda want a themed logo and visual package that changes each year which yes is ripped from literally every other BB but Australia always had really subpar, dated graphics and house designs compared to Int'l versions.

Does this suggest that they have given up the rights I wonder?
Mike Goldmans comment of FB the other day did link both channel 7 and Endemol shine and it is still there (they haven't asked him to remove it) so maybe?

The Twitter page has now been changed to Big Brother Australia with the join date of October 2019. Clearly in preparation for the lunch of a new Twitter page for Channel 7.

But why call their account @BBAU9??? Should have taken down the page altogether, lol.

BBAU9 has been renamed Channel9Reality

much like what Channel 5 did with Big Brother UK’s page

Last edited:
Maybe Big Brother is coming back to channel 9 and the social media team is just readying their online accounts for 2020...

Maybe Big Brother is coming back to channel 9 and the social media team is just readying their online accounts for 2020...

There is no way that is happening. Why would Nine delete their own Twitter and Facebook pages which have thousands of followers, only to have to get those followers to come back to their new pages. It doesn't make sense. And with Nine having Love Island they would not want to air 2 similar shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back